Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2009, 09:45   #826
BHPian

@virtualhemant - can you post the details of the finance option by HDFC and any other banks you have checked out? ROI, EMI, downpayment info is what I am interested in.
Old 1st December 2009, 13:18   #827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrahul_2778 View Post
@virtualhemant - can you post the details of the finance option by HDFC and any other banks you have checked out? ROI, EMI, downpayment info is what I am interested in.
Here you can get details for HDFC 2 Wheeler Loan

Two Wheeler Loan Calculator | HDFC Bank - Bike Loan Calculator
Old 3rd December 2009, 17:37   #828
BHPian

took deliver of my CL500

guys, took deliver of my classic 500 today. drove it around for some 15 kms. i was able to find a neutral gear between 4th and 5th gear couple of times there is a small knocking sound when the bike starts from cold. checked with ajay@teknikmotors. he said that its because of the autodecomp. the bike came with couple of scratches for free. its not the back seat's clamp. i brought it to their notice. should get fixed at first service. not to bothered about it though.
Old 3rd December 2009, 18:59   #829
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by claxtoncorreya View Post
guys, took deliver of my classic 500 today. drove it around for some 15 kms. i was able to find a neutral gear between 4th and 5th gear couple of times there is a small knocking sound when the bike starts from cold. checked with ajay@teknikmotors. he said that its because of the autodecomp. the bike came with couple of scratches for free. its not the back seat's clamp. i brought it to their notice. should get fixed at first service. not to bothered about it though.
Congrats mate I got mine in C green. You will find more false neutral till you get your first service done after that it will be smooth. So don't panic with any issues with gear shift's up to 500km. I have a oil leak where the kick shaft comes out under the chain sprocket. I have all ready seen the oil leak it two more bikes at the same place so have a look there. Waiting to get it replaced soon.

By the way good luck with opening the tool box. It took me 15 minutes at the first attempt and lot of swearing to get it opened. Although don't bother opening it as the tool kit is useless. Except opening one spark plug, rear tyre and headlamp the tool kit will not help you in removing the rear seat or tightening the heat shield which on mine got loose twice after tightening.
Old 4th December 2009, 12:04   #830
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Anyone got any influence with Delhi dealers? Now that I am ready to buy one, I can't find any dealer with a waiting time less than 20 days.

:(
Old 5th December 2009, 14:04   #831
BHPian

i had booked the bike on 10th nov at hsr mission rd....but still havnt heard from them.
Old 5th December 2009, 23:42   #832
BHPian

yeah ! the waiting time is too much on the CL500 ! you might consider going in for te 350 as well , it wont hurt if you are not much of a tourer !

Essyouwee : coming to dun soon ?
Old 6th December 2009, 00:29   #833
Senior - BHPian

I think people buying the 500 should buy it in green because that is the exclusive colour for the 500. The 350 does not get the green colour.

The bike is a rage with mechanics already. Many of them have started a florishing business of converting old bikes to Classics!
Old 6th December 2009, 09:07   #834
BHPian

Though its quite early to ask, does anyone have an idea how the spare part prices for the UCE engined bikes are like?
Old 6th December 2009, 09:13   #835
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan2129 View Post
Essyouwee : coming to dun soon ?
Soon my friend, soon!

Will let you know by tonight if something transpires in the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_m5_titus View Post
Though its quite early to ask, does anyone have an idea how the spare part prices for the UCE engined bikes are like?
Ess Aar Motors in Delhi says that 350 spares are much more easily available vis-a-vis 500 parts. Don't know about the costs. Should be the same as the TBTS.
Old 6th December 2009, 09:50   #836
BHPian

Thanks EssYouwe, Good luck with getting your 500.
Old 6th December 2009, 10:59   #837
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Soon my friend, soon!

Will let you know by tonight if something transpires in the day.

Ess Aar Motors in Delhi says that 350 spares are much more easily available vis-a-vis 500 parts. Don't know about the costs. Should be the same as the TBTS.
this is just a plot to sell more 350's which the company has produced knowing that this will be the more selling classic.

This is the future lineup of royal enfield and you should not be worried about spares at all.

If you take great care of the machine and get things rectified in time then this bike does not give as much problems as it is made out to be.

Only in rare cases and abuse i have seen that this bike has given trouble to people.
Old 6th December 2009, 11:48   #838
Senior - BHPian

@navpreet318 -Well in that case I'll consider myself in that rare category. My 500 classic has developed a leak, waited three weeks to get the oil seal in. Got it changed yesterday and its leaking again. Had a look at few TBTS(at the workshop) all of them had the oil leak from the same place.
Old 6th December 2009, 12:54   #839
Senior - BHPian

that is actually a very peculiar thing.i checked out quite a few classics here.one at the showroom.one with a friend and one unknown standing at a parking lot but none had the leak.i specifically checked the kickstarter lever for leak as you had mentioned it earlier but all was well here.

maybe a bad lot of seals etc.Initial teething problems will be there.i consider myself lucky to have grabbed one of the last few LB500 which has most of the issues sorted out.same will be with the classic.One year down the line all issues would be fixed and your bike as well as other bikes would be trouble free.
Old 6th December 2009, 15:42   #840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
this is just a plot to sell more 350's which the company has produced knowing that this will be the more selling classic.

This is the future lineup of royal enfield and you should not be worried about spares at all.

If you take great care of the machine and get things rectified in time then this bike does not give as much problems as it is made out to be.

Only in rare cases and abuse i have seen that this bike has given trouble to people.
Hey!

Yeah, I am pretty sure that is what it is.

The worst part is, whoever my dad talks to tells him that 500 is garbage (This includes the showroom guys as well).

It is getting really hard to keep him on the 500 track. It has boiled down to availability now. If we find a 500 available for a quick delivery, I'll pick it up.

I just got back from a dealer and no such luck yet. Did meet a couple of guys who were fighting tooth and nail to get a Std. booked. First time in my life, did I see people fighting to pay the dealer money and the dealer being reluctant!

PS: Back from Uttarkashi?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks