Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2009, 16:47   #841
Senior - BHPian

Royal Enfield Classic 350 / 500 - Now on Sale-oil-seal-2.jpg

Here is the leak just the day after I got it replaced.
Old 6th December 2009, 17:32   #842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
Attachment 240140

What r v seeing over hear?
which part?
Old 6th December 2009, 21:42   #843
Senior - BHPian

Its the cover plate of the Kick shaft under the chain sprocket.
Old 7th December 2009, 00:01   #844
BHPian

There seems to be some prob with seal centering while re-assembling otherwise kick shaft seals normally don't leak. If you have changed 2-3 seals by now, ask them to replace the cover plate as well. Might be illogical but sometimes it works for RE.
Old 7th December 2009, 01:20   #845
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennjit View Post
There seems to be some prob with seal centering while re-assembling otherwise kick shaft seals normally don't leak. If you have changed 2-3 seals by now, ask them to replace the cover plate as well. Might be illogical but sometimes it works for RE.
i echo that.

cheers,
jay
Old 7th December 2009, 10:24   #846
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
I just got back from a dealer and no such luck yet. Did meet a couple of guys who were fighting tooth and nail to get a Std. booked. First time in my life, did I see people fighting to pay the dealer money and the dealer being reluctant!
Looks like, I made my decision at the right time.

Last edited by Shashank.A : 7th December 2009 at 10:27.
Old 7th December 2009, 13:57   #847
BHPian

Quote:

confirm that the oil seen dripping from the bottom of the seal is not oil from the chain. there is a possibility that the chain oil that gets splashed on the top part of the cover, collects and drips down appearing to be from the seal. open the cover without cleaning the oil and check. new vehicles are shipped with excess oil on the chain.

just a thought. it may be the seal itself.

Last edited by hollywoodhogan : 7th December 2009 at 13:59.
Old 7th December 2009, 18:49   #848
BHPian

Dear friends,

I booked my classic 500 in black today frm the bandra showroo
... My registration would be thane so the final on road price came to about 138000+3000 (for the upswept exhaust)...the delivery time is 45 days... I'm really excited so I just wanted to share this with u all... This is going to be my first enfield n hopefully there will b many more in the future!

Cheers,

Rajit
Old 8th December 2009, 14:39   #849
BHPian

Quote:
Its the cover plate of the Kick shaft under the chain sprocket.
I can see the same thing in my 500. Infact there is more oil, I believe it's droping from the chain itself.

Are you facing any problem with chain. It makes kad-kad-kad noise in 4th and 5th gear and on spead breaker. Is it due to loose chain?
Old 8th December 2009, 16:09   #850
Senior - BHPian

From all I have read till now, I have decided to stick with my well run in and fuss free stock form LB 500 - I am not seeing enough in the new bike to make a switch, and expose myself to the chancing of the arm that is still a part of buying a new RE and be sure of getting a defect free one! I know the LB 500 is discontinued, so that is a problem perhaps, but Indian ingenuity will find a way...
Also, I use the kick start for early morning first starts to save the starter motor/motor gears, and finding that the ks has been eliminated is not something I am too thrilled to hear.
Old 8th December 2009, 17:21   #851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
and finding that the ks has been eliminated is not something I am too thrilled to hear.
The Kick start is still there.
Old 8th December 2009, 17:32   #852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodhogan View Post
confirm that the oil seen dripping from the bottom of the seal is not oil from the chain. there is a possibility that the chain oil that gets splashed on the top part of the cover, collects and drips down appearing to be from the seal. open the cover without cleaning the oil and check. new vehicles are shipped with excess oil on the chain.

just a thought. it may be the seal itself.
I second this. Just back from the dealer. The oil is splashing from the chain and coming down.
He has adjusted the chain but still there is this kad-kad noise over the speed breaker. Not sure if you guys are facing this.
Old 8th December 2009, 19:29   #853
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
From all I have read till now, I have decided to stick with my well run in and fuss free stock form LB 500 - I am not seeing enough in the new bike to make a switch, and expose myself to the chancing of the arm that is still a part of buying a new RE and be sure of getting a defect free one! I know the LB 500 is discontinued, so that is a problem perhaps, but Indian ingenuity will find a way...
Also, I use the kick start for early morning first starts to save the starter motor/motor gears, and finding that the ks has been eliminated is not something I am too thrilled to hear.
The kick is pretty much there. Though not as stubborn as the days of old but pretty much there.

In fact, I haven't used the electric start more than twice. The old fashioned way makes me feel more in touch with it. (dramebaaz)
Old 8th December 2009, 21:08   #854
Senior - BHPian

This is the leak after it was replaced for the first time and changed again today along with the plate. For all those who think its from the chain then look carefullyRoyal Enfield Classic 350 / 500 - Now on Sale-seal.jpg

Now for the tool kit as shown in the manual and actual tool kit provided.Royal Enfield Classic 350 / 500 - Now on Sale-kit.jpg

@virtualhemant- I think you are using bigger gear in slow speeds. Don't drive it like a Std 350.

Last edited by Randhawa : 8th December 2009 at 21:13.
Old 9th December 2009, 06:37   #855
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhasma View Post
The Kick start is still there.
Oh, thanks for that. Now I have to think all over again! I think it was on the overseas sites that I must have read about the ks being absent on the 500s. Good to hear that this is not the case in India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks