Team-BHP - Modifications For Pulsar 150 Classic Kick Start
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Modifications For Pulsar 150 Classic Kick Start (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/47494-modifications-pulsar-150-classic-kick-start.html)

Hi All,
I own a Pulsar 150 cc Classic KS,Its 5 years old and 37500+ on the odometer and its high time to do some upgradations/ modifications .THe engine is in superb condition hence doing the mods and planning to use it further.
Plz give me suggestions on primarily on Tyres ,alloy wheels and later on engine performance mods .
I am also planning to repaint the bike in the near future too,looking for suggestions for the same and also pointers to painters in and around Bangalore city
Also plz suggest me good helmets and riding gear too.

Looking forward for all the veteran pulsar Bhpians sugestions

Thanks
msvg

well first thing first. get the tyres.zapper as they say is a good choice, but i have a good experience with the dunlop so far. pirelli is the best as of what i have heard.but the cheaper one will be the dunlop.as for the size dont go beyond 120.even that will be more than enough. i am using dunlop geocruiser,size 100.the grip is extremely good and is not that heavy too.doesnt affect the performance or the mileage much as well.that is for the rear.i have a zapper(stock) in the front which is doing fine.but a 3.5 one will enhance the looks for sure.secondly get k&n filter and upjet from a good mechanic.synthetic oil is good but castrol is what i prefer.i have heard of the tvs oil too.heard even that is good.dont know much about that.i dont have idea about painting in bangalore but search for the thread painting pulsar,people have quoted some good painters there.get the fairing of the dtsi model too.in my opinion it looks better than the round headlights.the lighting is somewhat better too.and moreover you can keep small things like a book or a cloth there.its handy man! for pulsar you can do a lot of cosmetic modifications. do the basics first and keep us updated.that will help other bhpians too.good luck for the modifications

Same query guys.

But I am looking forward to a few performance mods, rather than cosmetic. Mine is a 2003 model 150 KS and has served me very very well. But off late it seems that the punch is missing, I thought of giving some pampering and grunt to it.

Suggestions, advice welcome. Also suggest a good reliable mechanic in Pune to carry out the tasks.. Thanks!

@cylops: Have the engine checked by a good mech to start with. Change clutch/pressure plates, spark plugs (recommend the twin electrode one from denso), have the block /piston checked, replace if necessary or put in new rings/seals, check the valves for wear and replace if necessary. Lastly have the bike service thoroughly , grease/replace cables, overhauls front suspensions if needed. I have done all these things on my P180 classic around 2 years back and its been trouble free since.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ripper (Post 2273781)
@cylops: Have the engine checked by a good mech to start with. Change clutch/pressure plates, spark plugs (recommend the twin electrode one from denso), have the block /piston checked, replace if necessary or put in new rings/seals, check the valves for wear and replace if necessary. Lastly have the bike service thoroughly , grease/replace cables, overhauls front suspensions if needed. I have done all these things on my P180 classic around 2 years back and its been trouble free since.

Many thanks for a quick response Ripper and apologies for a delayed one form me!

Hmm.. All these things require inputs from a reliable and trustworthy mechanic, which I dont have access to! Any suggestions guys? In pune?