Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2008, 23:20   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rranjith_kum View Post
Here is the picture of the same, try to call back and enquire the regarding this issue.

The swingarm end cap of the chain adjusting mechanism of your bike is not seated properly. Get it fixed. Make sure that the rear wheel alignment is correct when you get it done.
Old 3rd November 2008, 02:16   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
The swingarm end cap of the chain adjusting mechanism of your bike is not seated properly. Get it fixed. Make sure that the rear wheel alignment is correct when you get it done.
Wow bro you have eagle eyes !! I will get things done tomorrow morn
Old 12th November 2008, 16:44   #48
BHPian

Hey Ranjith, when is the 1st service due for your bike and whats the mileage you are getting?

I am getting about 35-36 here in Blr. I liked the fuel tank positioning and the filler cap is wide enough for one to see the amount of fuel left in the bike.

Also, were you able to figure out a better position for the front number plate. Thinking of getting it stickered on the front mud guard. Do you think it would be feasible to fix it below the headlamp assembly?
Old 12th November 2008, 18:28   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Hey Ranjith, when is the 1st service due for your bike and whats the mileage you are getting?

I am getting about 35-36 here in Blr. I liked the fuel tank positioning and the filler cap is wide enough for one to see the amount of fuel left in the bike.

Also, were you able to figure out a better position for the front number plate. Thinking of getting it stickered on the front mud guard. Do you think it would be feasible to fix it below the headlamp assembly?
Uday bro I haven't gone yet for another refilling after the first day of my full tank !!
I too thought of stickering on the front mud guard. I guess below the headlamp assembly would bring in troubles when the front springs compress to the full extent.
Old 12th November 2008, 18:37   #50
Team-BHP Support

I saw in BLR they have come out with front number plates, which sits in between the meter console and headlights, with stays attached somewhere on the fork or something. The bike was passing so couldnt get a close look.

Though really didnt like the positioning, i would prefer mud guard stickers ie if local authorities dont object to the idea.
Old 12th November 2008, 19:36   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I saw in BLR they have come out with front number plates, which sits in between the meter console and headlights, with stays attached somewhere on the fork or something. The bike was passing so couldnt get a close look.

Though really didnt like the positioning, i would prefer mud guard stickers ie if local authorities dont object to the idea.
That is the standard location for the number plate. As of now even my bike has it placed there, but I am trying to figure out with the help of a local RTO guy if the stickering on the mud guards is not a problem.
Old 12th November 2008, 23:16   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post

I just hate that place it looks kinda awkward for the bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
That is the standard location for the number plate. As of now even my bike has it placed there, but I am trying to figure out with the help of a local RTO guy if the stickering on the mud guards is not a problem.
Will these things disturb the rules chee... sometimes I just hate the law.
Old 13th November 2008, 11:21   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rranjith_kum View Post
Will these things disturb the rules chee... sometimes I just hate the law.
Yes if they want to they can, as per rules the numbering has to be of certain size, font and even painted and stuff!
Old 13th November 2008, 15:04   #54
BHPian

Ah ha the real thing is they dont care to educate the people but are ready to catch and ask all sorts of questions and collect fine or worse BRIBE !!
Old 28th November 2008, 10:40   #55
BHPian

Has anyone tried removing the rear fairing.

I tried it for a few day. Check em out.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha FZ16 First Ownership report !!-00707.jpg  

Yamaha FZ16 First Ownership report !!-00708.jpg  

Yamaha FZ16 First Ownership report !!-00709.jpg  

Last edited by Jaggu : 28th November 2008 at 10:44. Reason: no.... please....
Old 29th November 2008, 12:44   #56
BHPian

I saw a malfunction light on FZ 16 instrument panel , what is the real purpose of if ?
Old 7th December 2008, 21:31   #57

Can HID kit be installed in FZ16

Hi!

Would like to know whether HID kit can be fixed in FZ16?

I have an orange FZ16, done around 1300 kms and only major issue which was sorted out by the Yamaha Workshop yesterday.

Can the mirrors be changed since the ones fitted on FZ16 are cheap look ones and if so where can we get good look ones??

Help!!
Old 7th December 2008, 23:41   #58
BHPian

Ranjit,

you should consider removing the Saree guard, it kind of spoils the side profile -- this is supposed to be a naked bike, strip as much as possible :-)

Grafin, that number plate is very awkwardly placed - isn't there a space below the headlight unit?

Last edited by nemo : 7th December 2008 at 23:44.
Old 8th December 2008, 12:26   #59
Senior - BHPian

When I went to Suzuki showroom for test rides, I saw all the bikes had their front number plates painted on the front mud guard. This was at Swargate suzuki, pune. So I think it will be legal for FZ owners too to paint the number and remove the number plate.
Old 12th December 2008, 00:57   #60

Hello

I got my Orange FZ on December 2nd and I am loving this bike. The riding position is great and the front disc brakes are amazing. However, let me mention some of the issues I have come across with the bike.

1) a small "motor" kind of noise is heard when i apply the front brake.
2) the chain is loose
3) the electrical wire going to the clutch lever is loose (so loose, sometimes
the bike will start on gear with out the clutch !)
4) rear brake is of inferior quality, feels like the brake pads are already
worn out
5) the seat doesn't stay snug on the bike. it keeps moving.
6) i find it hard to put on the side stand ! yes i cant find the stand without
looking for it !!

Some of the pics of my bike

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks