Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2008, 14:46   #16
Senior - BHPian

I am sorry friends that I didn't put up the pictures of the restored bike. Incidentally, the bike right now is somewhere in Bangladesh with Mitch who reports that it's performing very well, except for some minor oil leak issue that I couldn't understand from his mail.
Mitch has also become a member here (mitchontheroad, I think) but apparently couldn't understand where to post his travelogue. Also he doesn't have too much access to the internet I think.
By the way, driving into Bangladesh is apparently very simple. Indian customs plays a role. Carry all your documents of ownership. My next trip could well be to the north east of Bangladesh. Apparently the roads are billiard top.
Coming back to the restoration - yes it did cost a lot of money because all the parts were changed with new. Nothing was "repaired" so to speak. I think the total cost would work out to be around 15k. But Mitch really needs a reliable bike - so he followed the "no compromise" principle. Everything that looked doubtful was thrown out.
In terms of photographs - I didn't feel too inclined to post them because cosmetically you don't see any change except a different crash guard and a seat and a custom made bracket for long distance trips. Even that is unpainted and the welding marks show. So nothing very attractive. lol
No effort was made to replace cosmetic parts that had some rust on them. Like the chrome tank side covers have been left as they were. So, visually there isn't much change. Nevertheless I will post new pics.
Regarding Khalil's magic - indeed what Desideep says is true but even then as humans we all baulk at the prospect of starting up something that had been lying idle for so long. The dust cover itself was such a put off. Plus the cobwebs around the engine area. But I must add that the bike was in perfect running condition when it was grounded.
Old 6th December 2008, 21:57   #17
BHPian

Sudipto, i dont know why but ur bullet looks very appealing to me. I have a 2006 bullet but the charm that ur bullet carries is unique. Am madly in love with ur Bull .

May be its the classsic vintage touch that your bull reflects or god knows why
Old 6th December 2008, 22:31   #18
Senior - BHPian

"buri nazarwale tera muh kaala"
^I meant sudipto can hang such a board behind his bullet
Old 6th December 2008, 22:52   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
"buri nazarwale tera muh kaala"
^I meant sudipto can hang such a board behind his bullet
very funny deepclutch.