Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2009, 14:52   #16
Senior - BHPian

Lovely Comparo techno, wonder how did I not see it before.
Seems like over all we still have nothing to beat the Karizma, even after so many years.

Power loss with pillion on the RTR? Now thats a first, wouldnt have ever imagined a scenario like this. Is the difference so much that it would be noticable for an average Joe or more pronounced for an enthusiast? Also, is the pillion seat as bad as it is made out to be?
Old 11th February 2009, 15:06   #17
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Sammyboy, Yes there is still nothing out there like the ZMA even after so many years, no wonder Hero Honda is not planning any upgrades.

Well the power loss is with respect to the other two bikes i.e. the 180 DTSi V1 & ZMA. I dont think normally anyone would notice as much.

Well pillion seat is not bad but if you have a big pillion then may be but yes its certainly not as spacious as the ZMA or the Pulsar's
Old 11th February 2009, 15:13   #18
Senior - BHPian

Damn this recession else would have bought the RTR or the Kari a while back. I have kinda given up on HH' s plans to give a FI Karizma. Guess they are following the philisophy of "if it aint broke dont fix it".
Old 11th February 2009, 15:23   #19
BHPian

Technocrat,
i had a P180 Classic.
It had terrible gears and suspension [or maybe thats because i don't slow down for potholes]

But it packed a serious punch in both the acceleration & breaking fronts.

Used to do 0 - 60 KM/hr in around 3 seconds [i feel it was distinctly under 3 seconds], but the only timing i've checked have been from the signal count down timers.

I've ridden ZMA's briefly, but always felt the acceleration was not as good as my P180C.
Old 11th February 2009, 15:59   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I've ridden ZMA's briefly, but always felt the acceleration was not as good as my P180C.
Thats becasue ZMA doesn't have the feel factor which the Pulsars have but trust me its only the feel the figures tell different story
Old 11th February 2009, 18:16   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
it was some fuel part but cant remember what exactly it was, sorry man.

Next time try this, once your bike halts, open the tank & close it back & then start the bike.

Yes its plastic cap with a zip, dont have a pic but may be you can check with some mechanic
sorry for the late reply. it really works. thanks a lot technocrat sir. but i am looking for a permanent solution. should i change the tank cap or is the problem somewhere else? thanks again
Old 11th February 2009, 19:02   #22
Senior - BHPian

I am afraid you might have to live with it as atleast I am not aware of a permanent solution. To be frank I faced this issue in all the three bikes.
Old 11th February 2009, 21:03   #23
BHPian

Techno, I enjoyed your honest, unbiased comparo. Looking forward to a comparo between the zma,r15 and p220.

-rajiv
Old 12th February 2009, 00:15   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
I am afraid you might have to live with it as atleast I am not aware of a permanent solution. To be frank I faced this issue in all the three bikes.
Techno, I never faced the problem on either Karizma or 220 ( lucky me ! ) , and I mean never ! Nor on any of the bikes like CBZ or RX135 which I have ridden long enough to perhaps encounter this. The Karizma in fact used to be parked outside in the sun and rain earlier, so vapour lock shouldn't be the issue as commonly stated , since even the drain hole and pipe are wide enough not to be clogges easily. Could it be an electronic oglitch , that resolves on power-off ? Or maybe a carb diaphragm issue that settles when the engine is switched off allowing thr diaphragm to ease back ?

btw, I was beginning to wonder about the absence of updates
Old 12th February 2009, 13:24   #25
Senior - BHPian

Thanks ZedMae

I had done a P220 VS ZMA review long time back, you can check it Here

@Ricci:- the air lock problem wasnt a regular one except for the Pulsar which too went after replacement of that rubber part. Apart from that I observed that if you are close to half tankful & ride out on a Hot day the chances are more for the airlock to happen.

Last edited by Technocrat : 12th November 2009 at 19:41.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks