Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2008, 18:05   #1
BHPian

UCE Machismo?

Though some of you on ths board would like to kill me for this: I have made up my mind to go for a UCE based Enfield. Each one to his own, but when one is considering a new Enfield, I think UCE is the way to go. Only trouble- the UCE Thunderbird did not floor me on a test ride. The engine feel was good, but somehow the bike's seating to handlebar geometry does not come together.

The new classic is *drool* but seems destined for export markets only, but does anyone have an idea how long before Electra and Machismo are moved to UCE?
Old 5th November 2008, 21:59   #2
Senior - BHPian

but UCE machismo is yet to release bhai!Only Thunderbird Twin Spark 350cc is here with UCE engine.
wait for Bullet Classic 500 UCE or even Machismo 500 UCE!.but I heard machismo production stopped acc. to Marikar motors guy.
Hence ,you can expect UCE engine's soon.
Old 10th November 2008, 15:06   #3
BHPian

Thanks deepclutch, maybe I did not phase this properly, but yes I know the only available UCE version is T'bird. I wanted an approx timeframe for Enfield to update others in its lineup. That way I can hold off selling my trusty old Wind125 for a while longer. If I let her go, it better be for a Machismo, rite?
Old 11th November 2008, 03:56   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by u_chill View Post
Thanks deepclutch, maybe I did not phase this properly, but yes I know the only available UCE version is T'bird. I wanted an approx timeframe for Enfield to update others in its lineup. That way I can hold off selling my trusty old Wind125 for a while longer. If I let her go, it better be for a Machismo, rite?
RE says not before mid 2010
Old 11th November 2008, 04:18   #5

That's a good choice buddy!!!!
Old 11th November 2008, 12:11   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by u_chill View Post
Though some of you on ths board would like to kill me for this: I have made up my mind to go for a UCE based Enfield. Each one to his own, but when one is considering a new Enfield, I think UCE is the way to go. Only trouble- the UCE Thunderbird did not floor me on a test ride. The engine feel was good, but somehow the bike's seating to handlebar geometry does not come together.

The new classic is *drool* but seems destined for export markets only, but does anyone have an idea how long before Electra and Machismo are moved to UCE?
I am one for sure.
Why buy Enfield for "cutting edge technology"?

UCE makes the engine block look real small.

Already the design of TBird is such that you get to see a huge gap between the engine head and the fuel tank, and now they have come up with UCE, which reduces the lower part of the block.

Dayum!

The handlebars design of TBird are something I have been against from the day1. If you compare it to electra/bullet, you would find that you have to really reach out to grab the handle, instead of it being the other way round.
They have designed it to look good, but utility wise TBird handlebars are definnitly not good for back and neck.

But you know the funny feeling I have ... ?
You will still go ahead and buy the bike.
How do I know?

I did the same mistake 4-5 years ago .

But seriously, If you are an enfield enthusiast, your heart will burn with envy when a black colored old totally unrefined and unsophisticated looking bullet will blow your eardrums off with its awesome thump just next to your bike, and your own bike would be ahrdly audible.

Check my thread about getting thump from AVL engine. :(
Old 29th December 2008, 14:07   #7
BHPian

...and the thump ? or What THUMP ? the thump of the tbts is quite tame compared to even the LB's
Old 29th December 2008, 18:38   #8
BANNED

For all those buying a UCE engined Bullet for the experience of buying and owning a Bullet are missing the point.
Old 29th December 2008, 19:05   #9
BHPian

Nothing to beat the good old Classic Cast Ironed Std350 and Cast Ironed Electra after the Std.
Old 29th December 2008, 21:44   #10
BHPian

Agree with madhokritesh on that one !

Not just the machismo , but the electra too will be moved on the UCE sooner or later it seems. Going a little offtopic ... but i chanced upon the RE USA website and the Electra X ( Bullet 500 Electra) looks simply the most beautiful bike I have layed my eyes upon , it has a lb engine (Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Electra X - Classic 70's-style British Motorcycle) , I prefer this machine much over the 500cc machismo available to us, its quite a pity that this is not selling here.
Old 30th December 2008, 00:18   #11
Senior - BHPian

Eh, what is this UCE? I am guess its not in the family of push rod engines?
Old 30th December 2008, 00:47   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
it is one from the family of pushrods but it is so called better one.
Old 30th December 2008, 01:38   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
UCE is Unit Construction Engine. Unlike the RE engines so far, this has an integrated gearbox to crank case (the old and present ones have a separate gear box assembly). But the push rod remains the same. It is a mix up of old (push rod) and new (twin spark and unit construction) engine.

Like many of our fellows said, if you want to feel the Bullet in its true sense, CI 350 is the bike. And if you need little extra power/revv and ok with a mettalic thump it is CI 500. The AVLs have different character and they are not exactly the clasisc bull. The UCE is alotogether different. But RE is selling these engines in the classic body style of bullet and named them Bullet Machismo and Bullet Classic.

As their own, AVLs and UCEs are good. Infact would be much reliable and tourer friendly than the traditional CI engines. So, if you are OK with an RE bike with a new gen engine (just another bike) you can go for UCE. But if you want to go back to the real classic bull feel, then it is the CI.

Last edited by redfire : 30th December 2008 at 01:47.
Old 30th December 2008, 07:26   #14
Senior - BHPian

UCE machismo 350 is on its way to the showrooms
prototypes are being tested.

looks like AVL's will be phased out much before CI
Old 30th December 2008, 10:32   #15
BHPian

If you want the real bullet experience:
Buy the iron heads. You can even buy a second hand and re-do

If you want a mix of bullet experience and better bike:
Buy an AVL (Machismo or TBird)

You want a bike looking like Bullet but with a better technology, less headache, clean trousers, even clean hands, and dont care about the thump:
Buy the UCE

Simple!

Most Viewed