Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2008, 00:17   #16
BHPian

r15 , apache fi would be great handlers but for tall people its a big pain in the back side.
Old 14th November 2008, 00:23   #17
BHPian

R15 is defenitely the best handler of the lot.Dont underestimate the slim stock tires.they do their job amazingly.it beats a pulsar 220 by solid 3 seconds in the chennai race track.it its got much better braking too.i just wish the bike was a 200cc.i wish it had more torque.
Old 14th November 2008, 21:04   #18
BHPian

whoa!! thats a lot of replies man. Guys i own a pulsar 150 dtsi but not happy with the handling(fell thrice because of its wobbly handling). Personally i had good expirience with HH bikes in terms of handling. Never rode a TVS though. Was wondering if i put fatter tyre's as those on RTR and couple it with shocks from CBZ extreme would improve the handling. shoot!
Old 15th November 2008, 00:37   #19
BHPian

CBZ shocks might help but do check the length, the CBZ/Karizma shock absorbers are longer end to end, so your ride height will change.

Actually how old and which DTSI model is it ( 18" spoke wheel or 17" alloy wheel ) , and how many km and crashes has it been through ? Wobbling is usually a result of too loose or too tight steering cone or worn out swingarm bush or damaged bent wheels/suspension , or even low tyre pressure .
Old 15th November 2008, 08:42   #20
BHPian

why do you say that the Hunk is better in traffic than the Cbz extreme? I dont have first hand experience to compare both, thats why i ask.
Old 15th November 2008, 14:54   #21

IMO, The Honda Unicorn and Yamaha FZ-16 should be your choices. Particularly, Honda Unicorn. Btw, do wait for Suzuki Lanza's launch. It does look nice. Atleast its Digi-console is by far the best i've seen!
Old 16th November 2008, 17:14   #22
BHPian

whats a swingarm bush?i doubt the cone set cos i at times i dont move handle but it feels as if the tyres move specially when on the white strip painted on road.
Old 16th November 2008, 20:27   #23
BHPian

Friend Apache RTR is nice when it comes to handling as well as R15 cant comment on FZ16 since its new.I can definitely comment about Apache RTR since I own one! If you need it in city driving Apache RTR is much easier as compared to R15 IMHO.
Old 17th November 2008, 10:30   #24
BHPian

Swing Arm Bush

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascalangel View Post
whats a swingarm bush?i doubt the cone set cos i at times i dont move handle but it feels as if the tyres move specially when on the white strip painted on road.
The rear wheel is connected to the chassis via a swing arm, for Pulsar its the rectangular frame on both sides of the rear wheel. This arm connection at the chassis has a bush so that it fits tight. Thats the swing arm bush.
Old 17th November 2008, 12:54   #25
Senior - BHPian

a unicorn with zma's rearsets and either xtreme's or pulsar 180's handle bar would handle way better than a xtreme or a hunk in the city though not as good as the r15 in the highway i would say it will still stand second after the r15. it is very good over all i.e. both city and highway.

well my uni is modded this way and i say this from first hand experience.
Old 17th November 2008, 13:56   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
a unicorn with zma's rearsets and either xtreme's or pulsar 180's handle bar would handle way better than a xtreme or a hunk in the city though not as good as the r15 in the highway i would say it will still stand second after the r15. it is very good over all i.e. both city and highway.

well my uni is modded this way and i say this from first hand experience.

I still think that the rtr will blow away all the bikes this side of the r15 in terms of handling.... the uni's long wheelbase does not help much..
Old 17th November 2008, 18:15   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai_ace View Post
I still think that the rtr will blow away all the bikes this side of the r15 in terms of handling.... the uni's long wheelbase does not help much..

well just ride a uni with these mods once and you will know how it can handle, if you do get a chance to ride one modded this way you will tell rather than me trying to convince you, the stock uni's seating posture is just too commuterish this modded one will be totally different bike altogether, the feel itself is some this that cannot be explained.

i am not saying rtr is in any way not a better handler, i just found the bike to suit say slim and average height guys better, a hefty guy or a tall one will find it really restricting, and the petal rotor type disc brake is not progressive, so it made me think other wise the last time had a ride in that bike.

uni modded this way on the other hand suits all, ravi@64bhp should be able to comment as well, he has ridden my bike.
Old 17th November 2008, 20:35   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascalangel View Post
hi all,

just wanted to know which 150cc bike in market now has the best handling? should be stable at high speeds and also when braked(Disk) should come to halt in straight line.??

thanks.
Use only your front brake, hard application of the rear brake will make the rear fish tail and you will loose control of the bike, R15 is a great handling bike..
Old 19th November 2008, 00:18   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
well just ride a uni with these mods once and you will know how it can handle, if you do get a chance to ride one modded this way you will tell rather than me trying to convince you, the stock uni's seating posture is just too commuterish this modded one will be totally different bike altogether, the feel itself is some this that cannot be explained.

i am not saying rtr is in any way not a better handler, i just found the bike to suit say slim and average height guys better, a hefty guy or a tall one will find it really restricting, and the petal rotor type disc brake is not progressive, so it made me think other wise the last time had a ride in that bike.

uni modded this way on the other hand suits all, ravi@64bhp should be able to comment as well, he has ridden my bike.
Yeah! I rode your Uni Yash, it was a brezze riding the bike. It handles really well in city, better than any 150.
Old 19th November 2008, 00:27   #30
BHPian

the fz16 is simply the best. no doubt at all. nothing else even comes close.

i suggest that one try the awesome seating and handling of the fz16 before deciding. believe you me, it true.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks