Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2008, 03:15   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodhogan View Post
the fz16 is simply the best. no doubt at all. nothing else even comes close.

i suggest that one try the awesome seating and handling of the fz16 before deciding. believe you me, it true.
well why dont you compare the fz16 and the hh hunk for starters, try taking a u turn at say 10-15 kmph using both these bikes and tell me about the turning radius of them both, and you decide which one has better stability and shorter turning radius, this part is totally essential for city ride, the fz16 may be a better handler at higher speeds, but uni with these mods cannot be ignored or say you can call them even at handling in city and highway in this segment.

its just that you need to make sure the uni is running on 110/90-18 tyre preferably michelin or zapper Q,Y, and S if available in this size or a tyre as good as the ones made for yamaha in India.

Last edited by rider60 : 19th November 2008 at 03:18.
Old 19th November 2008, 06:39   #32
BHPian

Uni

Unicorn always Excellent riding comfort no backpain, Good Breaking. Overall Best Handling Bike as per my 3+ Yrs experience.
Old 21st November 2008, 09:32   #33

I have been riding the HH Hunk for the past 5 months and find it extremely easy to handle.
Old 27th November 2008, 22:35   #34
aseemjohari

which 150 cc bike offers best millage?

Old 27th November 2008, 22:44   #35
BHPian

I don't know about others but my P150 UG III gives me 53~54 in city.
Old 28th November 2008, 10:44   #36
BHPian

FZ rules in this department

The best handling of the lot is the FZ 16...

Fat tyres, short length n good fat forks makes it the best in the city.

N braking is simply awesome n no fishtailing even during sudden brake application at high speeds.

Unicorn is good in the city but i doubt its good handling in uneven terrains.
Old 28th November 2008, 15:08   #37
Senior - BHPian

Like Navpreet said, define handling first
Old 28th November 2008, 15:56   #38
Senior - BHPian

the Suzuki GS150 R that is about to be released in January may be the best handler.

It has good siblings and pedigree.
Old 29th November 2008, 22:35   #39
BHPian

hi all,

how about p150 with apache front tyres, fz16 rear tyres and old pulsar handlebar?will it improve handling? specially cornering?
Old 30th November 2008, 11:30   #40
BHPian

Rascal angel, Far from improving the handling, it will only worsen the already bad state of affairs.
The bike will just feel more heavy and lazy to flick from side to side.
KISS, keep it stock sir!
Old 30th November 2008, 12:18   #41
BHPian

I'm fed up with the problems yaar! Feel like selling it, but, I'm so attached that I can't and don't want to. I want to solve the problem but found no one who would really explain what is the problem and how to resolve it. I want the handling to feel like sturdy as on CBZ's. I'm in Pune so if any one wanting have a ride just to feel what I'm talking about is most welcome.
Old 30th November 2008, 20:52   #42
BHPian

rascalangel, I really know what you are going through man.
But to solve the problem, whatever it is, first thing is to keep it stock!
And second thing, accept it, it aint a cbz and never will be!
What is the problem? But i guess this is not the thread for it, start a new thread or pm me, if its anything i can help with, i will try.
Old 2nd December 2008, 19:40   #43
BHPian

If you want an allround bike, which excels in all the departments, go for HH Hunk. It offers everything, plush ride, very good handling, good cornering, very good mileage, stability at high speeds.
Old 3rd December 2008, 11:09   #44
BHPian

Yah, definitly go for hunk or cbz xtreme.
My friends got an fz16 and I must say its got decent stability and cornering capabilities but my xtreme can take tighter turns than that bike.
Old 3rd December 2008, 13:17   #45
BHPian

Don't mean to hijack this thread but didn't want to start a new one with mostly the same queries.

I had a Pulsar DTSI (of the first batch) in end 2008 and rode it for 4 years before selling it off. I was then in awe of the new batch of pulsars with mag wheels, digital speedometer etc. However I rode a friend's pulsar last week and an hour's ride ensured a pain in the a**. I also found myself stopping lower (I'm 6 "2) than I did on my bike so i dont know if they have raised the seating position slightly. Also the age old bajaj problem of the gears making lots of noise. My bike after a couple of years had the gears slipping too (2nd to 4th or getting stuck in between) Whatever, I found myself disliking the pulsar which 5 years ago was my dream.

Now, Im planning a new bike sometime in march / april so have started my research again. After reading scores of reviews and views, I have shortlisted the following:

CBZ Extreme
Unicorn
Hunk
and now the new Yam FZ16

Let me tell you my issues which would eliminate some of the above.

I will be using the bike largely for office commute and the occasional Mumbai - Pune ride (solo). Sometimes, my wife or father may ride pillion to the local mall etc thus it is not recommended for a 40 degree seating style. Even on the pulsar, my father would feel the pain riding pillion. As of now, i love the style on the new yam (except the front number plate positioning) but the seat's too vertical for my liking. - Is it possible to bring it down slightly to look more horizontal ?

I just saw the hunk but it has what most bikes nowadays have. Those extra fender kind of things that hang out outside the body of the bike (they are located below the fuel tank typically) and i hate them. Dont know about other specs but I've been reading other posts on this forum on the hunk and been unable to judge.

The unicorn and the CBZ thankfully dont have those extra hangings. I believe that the unicorn is good for commutes with a refined engine and no hassles but if one is looking for some jazz and style, its the cbz one should go for.

I'm not looking for a high mileage. Used to get 50 kmpl with the pulsar so anything above 45 suits me fine.

I'm inclined towards the cbz extreme - just wanted your opinion.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks