Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2009, 18:25   #46
BHPian

Hi Guys,

This is my first post to team-bhp and I've been passively reading most of the posts related to bullet for quite some time. Last week I decided to hunt for a second hand bullet in my city and came across this 72 Bull [pics attached]. It was modified a bit [not to my taste] as I love the way the standard bullet looks. The mechanic quoted 30k as its price. Just want to check with the experts here if its a good deal and if there is anything I need check for.

Please help guys
Thanks
Premson.
Attached Thumbnails
Need advice on buying second hand Royal Enfield-image_348.jpg  

Need advice on buying second hand Royal Enfield-image_349.jpg  

Need advice on buying second hand Royal Enfield-image_350.jpg  

Need advice on buying second hand Royal Enfield-image_351.jpg  

Need advice on buying second hand Royal Enfield-image_352.jpg  

Old 6th February 2011, 12:47   #47
BHPian

Re: Need advice on buying second hand Royal Enfield

Hello Bulletiers,

I have been looking since past few days to buy a used bull, and this will be my fist bullet.
I need a clarification on one of the modification done on bullet.
I am aware that the earlier G2 models came with a heavy crank..which is considered to be one of the roubst bullet eninges..
I am looking for a bullet, this one is 2001 model. The mechanic sais that this bullet's crank has been replaced with a heavy crank from earlier bullets.
I wanted to know, if there could be any complication in an engine with this change. For sure the engine dynamics would change..
is this change safe for engine ? has any one come accross this sitution ?
Please suggest me..if i should go with this..
Old 6th February 2011, 15:32   #48
BHPian

Dude, dont buy bikes with replaced heavier cranks and such. Buy a stock bullet. Thats a handful by itself. In one years time you will be an experienced Bullet mechanic proficient on all aspects of bullet motorcycle maintenance. As someone said... Enfield and Ducati have been making mechanics out of riders since when India became free...
Old 7th February 2011, 10:27   #49
BHPian

I am getting this at around 46K + some repairs. My intention was to buy this one..and if such a modification is found to harmful, replace the crank with a standard one. Other than this there are no internal or modifications modifictions.

I believe it is not so difficult to but a new one from the bullet authorised store.

I also wanted to know, if any other modifications are required if a heavier crank has been replaced. It could be possible that the owner is already facing some issues, due to which he is selling off his bike.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks