Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2005, 19:02   #31
BHPian

The manufacturer's history, the traditional design, old school push rod engine, that pressure pulse of the exhaust you feel even from a few metres away when a bullet rider accelerates in front of you, the uniqueness of the sound, all add up to the unique character of a bullet.
U cannot claim that a HH bike which has its design copied from a few bigger and far more potent machines, and then boasts of being something which it is not, has character. Its a great bike with bulletproof reliability but sadly the whole fairing part makes it look like plastic toy.
Old 11th April 2005, 20:08   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puthari
And also - when you hear someone sya that they ride a Bullet - it rings a bell in your mind - you appreciate the person who rides it . Maybe because he has a superior taste in Life .

Its like Pink Flyod Vs Bangles .
I don't think Pink floyd v/s Bangles is the right comparision.
Pink floyd is a all male group band and Bangles is an all girl band.
Its like comparing RX-135 and Kinetic Honda!!!!(meant for the female gender but used extensively by males)

Now about the bullet bike image, many guys of small stature and a lousy physique often get a bullet as they think its make them look like a MACHO MAN or rather more manly!! That is the image bullet has.
Old 12th April 2005, 10:47   #33
BHPian

Akkiben,
I really dont think u need to be having a huge built to ride a bullet.. I'm on the thinner side(63kg) but still find it quite comfy.. I dont ride it to flaunt anything, its just that its so good to ride.. I dont have the slightest of fear when u take it to 110kph+ speed but u do the same on a pulsar, u have the slightest of fear of things going wrong...
Seriously without any disrespect to other bikes, I just love the bullet.... May be I started off biking on a bullet, thats why i'm more into it.. Guess u ride it around a little and u fall for it.. May be not of the love at first site kinds.. Its more of the 3-4 dates and then u'r in love kinds..
Old 12th April 2005, 11:39   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkiben
I don't think Pink floyd v/s Bangles is the right comparision.
Pink floyd is a all male group band and Bangles is an all girl band.
Its like comparing RX-135 and Kinetic Honda!!!!(meant for the female gender but used extensively by males)
Ha hahaa .. OK Pink Floyd v/s Eagels ??.

Rx-135 -> BackStreetBoys V/s Bullet -> Pink Flyod ??
Does that sound OK?
Old 12th April 2005, 12:10   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Bullet -> Pink Flyod ??
Naah...I think Bullet = ZZ Top! Old & stodgy (but wait a minute, ZZ top love their italian beasts don't they? Atleast one of them does!)

Floyd is on another level altogether!
Old 12th April 2005, 12:13   #36
Senior - BHPian

I'd rather say Bullet is more like Jethro Tull and Karizma is more like Aerosmith...
Old 12th April 2005, 12:50   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Naah...I think Bullet = ZZ Top! Old & stodgy (but wait a minute, ZZ top love their italian beasts don't they? Atleast one of them does!)

Floyd is on another level altogether!

Come off it my friend - Rtech - Actually - well said - ZZ top great band - fun loving too.
Old 12th April 2005, 13:00   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj
I'd rather say Bullet is more like Jethro Tull and Karizma is more like Aerosmith...

Karizma -- aerosmith....naaaaaa

aerosmith are legendary gurus.. karizma is more like a modern day boy band types
Old 12th April 2005, 13:07   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuderia
aerosmith are legendary gurus.. karizma is more like a modern day boy band types
well, i was talking more in context of the kind of music they belt out. Aerosmith tends to wear off after 3 or 4 years... then its good only if u hear it like once in a couple of months. Whereas Tull's music is evergreen and everlasting... no matter how many times u hear it, its a new experience every time... bullet is also kinda like that... every time u ride it, u get the same thrill as the first time.

Cheers
Amitoj
Old 12th April 2005, 13:23   #40
Team-BHP Support

....and just like Jetro Tull, the bullet is not to everyone's taste
Old 12th April 2005, 13:29   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
....and just like Jetro Tull, the bullet is not to everyone's taste
Agree , only the mature ones may like it - so applies to Bullet.
Old 12th April 2005, 14:10   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj
well, i was talking more in context of the kind of music they belt out. Aerosmith tends to wear off after 3 or 4 years... then its good only if u hear it like once in a couple of months. Whereas Tull's music is evergreen and everlasting... no matter how many times u hear it, its a new experience every time... bullet is also kinda like that... every time u ride it, u get the same thrill as the first time.

Cheers
Amitoj

well i guess its all about perspective

Yes... Bullet is like jethro.. classy and anytime types

n as rtech said.. it may not be to everyone's taste... but defntly it is to mine
Old 12th April 2005, 14:46   #43
BHPian

Jetro Tull is not my type but the bullet sure is.... anyday....
Old 12th April 2005, 21:19   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by topend_hooligan
Karizma a sports bike??? Give me a break people, just a fairing doesnt make it a sportsbike, period
Agreed, just a fairing does not make it a sportsbike.

Quote:
The bullet is a long distance cruiser, with stability second to none.
Bullet a cruiser????? Now which cruiser would have identical size rims??? With ugly 19" tyres. Only the bullet I guess. A lump of an enfine and a thumping exhaust does not make it a cruiser either.
Cruisers have a low seating, a 19 or 21inch front wheel and a 15inch rear wheel, stretched out front fork and a small headlamp.
Thats how a cruiser looks. Everybody knows that I guess.

As far as stability, well how much stability will that outdated swingarm give?? Nowdays even a110cc bike has a box section swingarm!!! Highway twisty roads will have the bullet rider swaying.

Quote:
But its biggest drawback is that its overratted and lacks character.
Lacks character???? So a bike has character if it leaks oil, vibrates all the bolts of the chassis, has huge 19"wheels, gets better brakes after two decades. Well that's not character.

The Karizma's character is effortless acceleration, an engine which will run for 24hours at an average speed of 110km/hr, rock steady stability at 110km/hr with a pillion on board and an engine that does not sound like a generator. I hope I covered all the charms of the Karizma.
Others do pitch in your views.
Old 12th April 2005, 21:32   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinsanity
Akkiben,
I really dont think u need to be having a huge built to ride a bullet.. I'm on the thinner side(63kg) but still find it quite comfy.. I dont ride it to flaunt anything, its just that its so good to ride.. I dont have the slightest of fear when u take it to 110kph+ speed but u do the same on a pulsar, u have the slightest of fear of things going wrong...
Seriously without any disrespect to other bikes, I just love the bullet.... May be I started off biking on a bullet, thats why i'm more into it.. Guess u ride it around a little and u fall for it.. May be not of the love at first site kinds.. Its more of the 3-4 dates and then u'r in love kinds..
I agreee with you Ricky. But I'm sure you must have come across riders who pose more and ride less on the bullet, all for a MACHO image which they are not born with!!!!

About having a huge built, well let me put it this way, the bullet weighs around 180kgs, one should have enough strength to atleast pick-up the bike if he drops it, don't you agree??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks