Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2005, 21:36   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puthari
Ha hahaa .. OK Pink Floyd v/s Eagels ??.

Rx-135 -> BackStreetBoys V/s Bullet -> Pink Flyod ??
Does that sound OK?
yup, that sounds better.
Old 13th April 2005, 09:24   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkiben
I agreee with you Ricky. But I'm sure you must have come across riders who pose more and ride less on the bullet, all for a MACHO image which they are not born with!!!!

About having a huge built, well let me put it this way, the bullet weighs around 180kgs, one should have enough strength to atleast pick-up the bike if he drops it, don't you agree??
Agreed man.... But one u'r in luv with the bullet, no matter what people say u just cant get it over u'r head... Never heard of any bullet guy leaving his bike for a zma but the other way round is possible...
Dont know what it is in the bullet but for me as far as India is conceerned its second to none....

Cheers
Old 19th April 2006, 00:59   #48

I would say what are your priorities my friend ???
I would personally suggest you for a Karizmaa if you are in the urban side or if you love the country greens then of course the bullet !
Old 19th April 2006, 04:48   #49
Senior - BHPian

If u weigh below 70kgs

look at Karizma

If are anything above a royal enfield.

case is simple. Royal enfield is a cruiser while karizma is a performance bike. While both are adorned with power and big bores they are still as different as chalk and cheese.

I would suggest you get an enfield and mod it into a cafe racer.
Old 19th April 2006, 11:01   #50
BHPian

Like Steeroid says

Bullet has Karizma
but
Karizma does not have Bullet

HA HA
Old 19th April 2006, 11:10   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
If u weigh below 70kgs

look at Karizma

If are anything above a royal enfield.

case is simple. Royal enfield is a cruiser while karizma is a performance bike. While both are adorned with power and big bores they are still as different as chalk and cheese.
Point 1 of yours i dont agree with you bro.. i weigh less than 70kg and i used to have a citibike... had it for a good 2 years till i had to sell it and buy a car (loooooonnnggg story)

Yes i agree that they are both as diffetent as chalk and cheese.

I would go in for the bullet anyday... forget the resale.. the bike looks good adn has that macho feel to it... love the thumping sound
Old 19th April 2006, 11:52   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon
No competition, Royal Enfield Bullet!
Really ...climb the kodachadri on bullet let me see .. ...a zma or plusar 180 can go places where no other bikes have gone ...for example ..thadiandamol...last week

Last edited by black12rr : 19th April 2006 at 11:54.
Old 19th April 2006, 21:29   #53
BHPian

bullet all the way brothers no bike n i mean no bike in in INDIA (indian made) announces its arrival as the bullet be it its characteristi sound or its shear sight. BULLECT is plain old school with no nonsense kind of attitude, on the other hand KARIZMA is one of its kind inthe indian maerket till date and no other bike gives u that big race bike type of feeling(note the words carefully "feeling").though bullet as some might say is high maintanence its worth it, cos on oter bike on the road is as charming as the bullect and people of all ageslook around when they hear the bullet.
truly speaking KARIZMA has lost some of its charisma as every tom , dick and harry now owns one but the bullet is stiil that ellusive bike searhing for the right kind of rider.
let me say that U WILL RIDE A BULLET ONLY IF U R DESTINED TO RIDE ONE.
Old 19th April 2006, 22:23   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinsanity
Agreed man.... But one u'r in luv with the bullet, no matter what people say u just cant get it over u'r head... Never heard of any bullet guy leaving his bike for a zma but the other way round is possible...
Dont know what it is in the bullet but for me as far as India is conceerned its second to none....

Cheers
I know couple of friends who want to Dump their Lightning 535 and Bull 500 for a Kari.

Any way here is my suggestion, If you want a vintage bike for the week end or to showoff buy a Bullet. If you are a Hard core Bullet fan, go for a Bullet. If you'r a Hard core fan you won't be asking this question. Go for the Karizma, it rocks. One of the most comfortable bikes for Touring and day to day riding. Handles well, brakes well. Faster and more efficient than the Bull (500). Can hold high speeds much longer than bulls. Much cheaper to maintain 900ml of oil every 4000kms as apposed ~2liters and constant intermediate toppings. Bullet guys you can fire all you want but please dont expect a reply. This is the openion of a Die Hard Biker! Btw I own a Karizma and have done lots of Touring even along side bulls and this is what we all concluded. Some positives for the Bull, it sounds great (the CI engine), looks even better and the rear gas shox r better than the ones on Kari.
Old 19th April 2006, 22:59   #55
Senior - BHPian

Bullet anyday..........!! cheaper spares, easy to maintain! i have 2 of 'em!
Old 20th April 2006, 02:31   #56
Senior - BHPian

like i said before bullet anyday...........tht bike has a personality................though it might be tough to pick it up if it falls lol

however i guess youv already bought your bike..........any updates?

Last edited by khanak : 20th April 2006 at 02:33.
Old 20th April 2006, 04:13   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr
Really ...climb the kodachadri on bullet let me see .. ...a zma or plusar 180 can go places where no other bikes have gone ...for example ..thadiandamol...last week
you need to read these.

The royal enfield greatness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather
Point 1 of yours i dont agree with you bro.. i weigh less than 70kg and i used to have a citibike... had it for a good 2 years till i had to sell it and buy a car (loooooonnnggg story)

Yes i agree that they are both as diffetent as chalk and cheese.

I would go in for the bullet anyday... forget the resale.. the bike looks good adn has that macho feel to it... love the thumping sound

It was a joke buddy. Even I weigh below 70 kgs but I will want to buy a bullet anyday.
Old 20th April 2006, 06:28   #58
BHPian

Personally wouldnt buy a bullet for anything...
the zma's better for high speed touring,its faster,good for stunts,amaaaazing handler,good looker,excellent spares and service,proper big bike feel and not to mention its a honda so the reliabilty part is covered as well.....
u c its got it all covered...
Old 21st April 2006, 12:16   #59
BHPian

I am using a Karizma for the last 8 months. Personaly i feel Karizma is better than a bullet. The main reason is its reliability. You can not predict when bullet is going to break down. But Karizma is a modern bike with good average and power. Once more thing i found in Karizma is its consistancy on milage. Evenif you take it to 7000RPM for each change you will get and average of 35km/L.
Old 21st April 2006, 13:58   #60
BHPian

for a naive guy to motorcyle engines the best choice is to buy a Karizma for its reliability, aftersales service, looks etc etc.

for a person with a bit of understanding to motorcyle engine tech(if u know push rod tech so much the better) and ONLY IF YOU LOVE A THUMPER then go for an Enfield. its one bike which will go wrong without warning for some very silly and simple problems and if u dont know how to locate the trouble shooting then its a simply NO NO bike.

I have an Enfield Machismo 1992 and its simply awesome but then I know everything i need to know for my bike on the open.

Now if i were given Karizma or Enfield - sure will go for Enfield that too STD500 ONLY.Yeah it chuggs like a locomotive, has its share of idiosyncrancies, but then a ride on the open highways at a leisurely 80kmph is total nirvana for me. now this is something what i enjoy so choices from person to person have to be different.

In reply to the person who put the post.
After Sales Service Enfield - PATHETIC
Value for Resale - minus 20K if within 1st yr of use after that its the condition of the bike, which commands the price.

cheers
its the ride you enjoy, speed is only relative.

Last edited by 2fast4u : 21st April 2006 at 14:16.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks