Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2008, 17:51   #1
BHPian

Any Trustworth and Knowledgable Workshop near Begumpet at Hyderabad

I did a search for similar threads, and found references only on a thread on RD 350.

I moved my RXZ purchased in 97 to Hyderabad for local commute and was using it daily until 2 - 3 couple of months back. Now that my office has shifted to Manikonda, I use the office bus, and the bike was left idle, with occasional starts. Today, I took the bike with an intention to ride to office, and nearing Madhapur, the vehicle started losing power and the engine, dying off. Luckily, the bike would start after a couple of mins, and managed to reach back home, with a couple of more halts and starts.

Any good trustworthy workshops, that I can entrust this, preferably near Begumpet? I have seen a Castrol Bike zone somewhere, how reliable are these at hyderabad? This has been a reliable steed all along, and hence very choosy in locating the right place.

Also I was looking at changing the tyres, since it ages that its been changed (one tyre is still the stock tyre and the other 9 years), any suggestion on good tyres to change?
Old 25th November 2008, 15:50   #2
BHPian

Hi Raghu,

Facing the same problem, I have a borrowed Yamaha - Enticer, I have moved to Hyderabad recently. Wondering if you found any good mechanic for your Bike, I stay in begumpet as well.

Thanks
Old 27th November 2008, 00:19   #3
BHPian

none yet. I would be checking with my office friends as well. If nothing works, I would have to try my luck at bike zone.
Old 27th November 2008, 01:49   #4

You can check out Patny Motors (Yamaha Dealer) at Begumpet. I used to get my Enticer serviced there till about six months back and they seemed to do a good job on the bike.
Amaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Hi Raghu,

Facing the same problem, I have a borrowed Yamaha - Enticer, I have moved to Hyderabad recently. Wondering if you found any good mechanic for your Bike, I stay in begumpet as well.

Thanks
Old 27th November 2008, 03:10   #5
BHPian

both you guys need to check the following places :

Before entering tank bund from R.P/ James st Road. a little before the divider which divides necklace road and R.P/ James st Road. They are specliazed mechanic's for 2 strokes only. One you can refer to is Michael, but make sure u watch your bike getting serviced and bargain if necessary with him.
The Other place is in New Bowenpally, Just a lil after Tadbund( old airport runaway). There is a traffic signal. If you look a little towards your left across the road. you should be seeing 4 to 5 mechanic shops.

If still you guys arent able to find it. Please feel free to pm me. i know that these places are quiet away from begumpet but they are trustworthy as long you watching your bike getting serviced/tuned.
Old 27th November 2008, 14:38   #6
BHPian

@raghu
I guess before I could respond, we do have some responses on this thread.

@amaan
Thanks, I did not know there was a authorized service center close to Begumpet, will check them out, I need a clean job cause the Enticer is not been cared for in the last 2 years.

@nosfreak
The directions are like a huge puzzle for me, will ask the office driver to show me these places. Since you seem to know a bit in and around Hyderabad, do you know any shop near Ameerpet market(between Greenpark and Big Bazaar) I have seen a couple of mechanic shops. I stay behind Lifestyle so wanted someone closer to home. Just checking.

But thanks for the info guys.
Old 28th November 2008, 10:55   #7
BHPian

Thanks Guys, let me check out these places. Given that I dont know the language and my bargaining skills are bad, let me check if the Yamaha dealer first.
Old 30th November 2008, 23:29   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosfreak View Post
Before entering tank bund from R.P/ James st Road. a little before the divider which divides necklace road and R.P/ James st Road. They are specliazed mechanic's for 2 strokes only. One you can refer to is Michael, but make sure u watch your bike getting serviced and bargain if necessary with him.
Michael does do these bikes (more into old classic bikes- much like his father Rashid Mody) but, you could also go to his brother James, whom Ive also known to deal with these bikes (he chooses to work only on these, and newer bikes, much opposite to his dad and bro!)- I presume, from Begumpet, its more or less the same distance for you: As you come from Begumpet towards Secunderabad, you need to take a left and go down the road leading to West Marredpally Police stn., then as you go past that down that street, on the right, you'll find a gated society named "Rukmini Devi colony"- just opposite to that across the road is "Veeresh" Honda/KH mechanic, and just 2 shops ahead of him is 'James' Garage'.

Most Viewed