Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2008, 16:34   #1
BHPian

Please help - Karizma or P220

Please help me in selecting which bike should i go for. Karizma or P220.
i am looking out for 2nd hand bike. not interested in new bike.
i have a P150 Dtsi for daily commuting. Just looking for some enthusiam so going for higher cc bike.
Which should i select.
Old 24th November 2008, 16:54   #2
BHPian

The P220 is a lot more advanced in terms of electronics, but the Karizma banks on reliability, maneuverability and maybe even power. A Karizma would be my choice for sure
Old 24th November 2008, 17:36   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_in_flesh View Post
The P220 is a lot more advanced in terms of electronics, but the Karizma banks on reliability, maneuverability and maybe even power. A Karizma would be my choice for sure

On paper yes the 220 is a way better bike than the Karizma.

But in real the the zma is miles ahead in terms of build quality, high speed stability, reliability. The zma is the winner here period.
Old 24th November 2008, 17:49   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
On paper yes the 220 is a way better bike than the Karizma.

But in real the the zma is miles ahead in terms of build quality, high speed stability, reliability.
True.

If I were you then I would have gone for the karizma. Have ridden both the bikes. But have always liked the zma for the ride quality.
Old 24th November 2008, 17:55   #5
aseemjohari

If i was in your state of confusion, I sure have opted for pulsar 220.
It's actually more advance in technology than zma. i.e. it's running on fuel injection and zma on same carburetor platform.
It's actually new concept bike and kzma is now common on indian roads. My personal views.

Old 24th November 2008, 18:06   #6
BHPian

I had the Zma-R for a year. I really liked it. Initially, I had booked both the P220 as well as the Zma. After trying both extensively, I went in for the Zma. It's a much better product, overall.

At my town, since we don't have a HH dealership , there are a multitude of Pulsars around but very few new Zma-Rs - 3 to be exact. So most young bikers here don't realize the better quality of the HH product. I myself took the trouble of buying the Zma from Siliguri about 120 kms from here and paying quite a bit extra to get it registered in my state, coz of all the advice I got from Team-Bhp. Haven't regretted it.

I had four P200 owners and three P220 owners try my bike and they were all pretty surprised by my Zma's refinement, stability and torque. Three of them wanted to exchange their rides with mine.

13 months of ownership, ridden flat out. Problems faced- One tail light fused and once a fuse blew. Thats it. Fantastic experience overall. It's another story that i sold that to buy the Lb 500.

Bottomline, the Karizma any day over any of the Pulsars. Period!.
Old 24th November 2008, 18:16   #7
Senior - BHPian

Hi rakowli

This has been discussed before in following threads

Karizma- P220 - Avenger (Purchase Advice Guys !! - Karizma / P220 / Avenger 200)

Karizma - P220 (P220, ZMA or should i wait for few more ?)

You can search for more

Thread Closed
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks