Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2008, 16:55   #16
BANNED

Has to be the LML Energy. The other new bike at that time was the Adreno, which was not naked.
Old 25th November 2008, 17:03   #17
BANNED

Kinetic GF150 was there that time?
Old 25th November 2008, 17:08   #18
BHPian

Dad was already close to book the Splendor, but I suggested him to take a look at my new found love. He saw it and his first impression was "ok, this looks good, but how does this perform ??? lets take a spin..."

and off we were on a test drive.. he loved the bike and when we returned, he had a lovely smile on his face. The salesman took the opportunity and handed him the required list of documents for registration. Finally the cheque was handed over, bike was booked, registered and was delivered within 2 days. The day was 6th August 2001.

Yes... it was the LML Energy.. my love at first sight. I thought I should pull the suspense for 1 more day but its hard to hide something from fellow petrol heads who are so enthusiastic about automobiles.
Old 25th November 2008, 17:18   #19
BANNED

Hate to spoil your party but August 2001 means the bike is only 7 years old. Unless I'm missing something.
Old 25th November 2008, 17:27   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Hate to spoil your party but August 2001 means the bike is only 7 years old. Unless I'm missing something.
Hey thanks for pointing that ... I realised the folly after sometime of submitting the post.. I could not edit the heading. Yes, its 7 years old. Mods please edit the thread heading to 7 years, 1 faithful bike, more than 90,000 kms and still going...

Thanks again hrag..
Old 25th November 2008, 18:04   #21
BHPian

Really Nice Post Pal.. Every Petro Head will cherish the beautiful moments when they got their first Two Wheeled Love. Same with my Case too..

@Sabareesh.. Post Pics of your Ride Man..Hijacking your Post just wanted to Share my thoughts about my beautiful ride.

It was 1998 my Second year of Graduation & was pestering Dad for a Bike... Naturally my Dad was more Inclined towards the Splendour & I managed to drive his mind away from the Bike. Production of the RX-100 stopped in 1996 with the 12V version & there was no way to get a New Bike from the showroom so after running around & looking at bikes for nearly 20 Days got my hands on one.. Took it straight home & Dad said NO WAY . I was & enlisted mom's help to buy the bike. Now after 75,000 Km the Love still continues.. I had her rebuilt from Scratch about a year back (Pic Attached) & I Love her. Brought a Pulsar in 2005 but nothing compares to Riding the RX Baby...

cheers:
Attached Thumbnails
7 years, 1 faithful bike, more than 90,000 kms and still going...-100508_1426.jpg  

7 years, 1 faithful bike, more than 90,000 kms and still going...-120508_1449.jpg  

7 years, 1 faithful bike, more than 90,000 kms and still going...-120508_1451.jpg  

7 years, 1 faithful bike, more than 90,000 kms and still going...-120508_1453.jpg  

Old 25th November 2008, 18:28   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaBoy View Post
Really Nice Post Pal.. Every Petro Head will cherish the beautiful moments when they got their first Two Wheeled Love. Same with my Case too..

@Sabareesh.. Post Pics of your Ride Man..Hijacking your Post just wanted to Share my thoughts about my beautiful ride.
Now thats a beauty, I still drool over this smart boy whenever it passes by, you have got a gem, please take good care of it.

I need to search through my home PC for the pics, will get them uploaded tomorrow for sure.....
Old 25th November 2008, 18:32   #23
BANNED

Very neat RX mate only you need the OE leg guard, handel bars and head light dome with ears to make her 100% RX or atleast stock them if later on you feels like going back to stock.
Old 25th November 2008, 18:48   #24
BHPian

Here are 2 pics which were clicked a year back. I found them while searching some of my mails. This bike is my daily drive to office which is 30 kms away from my residence.

7 years, 1 faithful bike, more than 90,000 kms and still going...-lml_energy_1.jpg

7 years, 1 faithful bike, more than 90,000 kms and still going...-lml_energy_2.jpg

Will click some more tomorrow and post them asap.
Old 25th November 2008, 19:05   #25
BHPian

Nice thread Sabareesh.

From your second post about the bike, I could guess it was the Energy, but just read the chain, so when i flipped over to the second page of the thread, i was so wishing you would not have disclosed the pics and i would also be able to post "it has to be LML energy"

Energy and Adreno were launched together and were the first bikes launched by the LML-DAELIM joint venture.

LML seems to have closed down, does anyone have any idea about what happened ?

I used to really like their scooter Supremo(i think) that sold mostly in white and used to sport an analog clock in the console.
Old 25th November 2008, 22:20   #26
Senior - BHPian

still ,there are many LML Energy on the roads.and those RX100 !the same colour ,model year 1994 was mine.sadly had to part yammy on 2001 for suzuki fiero.
Old 26th November 2008, 00:01   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaBoy View Post
Really Nice Post Pal..
Hey YamBoy. Nice pics of the Yam. Go easy on the smilies though.

Saba, I would not have guessed that its a LML Energy. No offence not a fan of that bike, though I have heard good reviews.

Nice location for the pics.
Old 26th November 2008, 00:20   #28
BHPian

Great post Sabareesh, the suspense was well built up.
your bike looks as good as new, kudos for taking good care of her inspite of your daily extensive use
Old 26th November 2008, 01:28   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabareesh View Post
Now thats a beauty, I still drool over this smart boy whenever it passes by, you have got a gem, please take good care of it.
@Sabareeah...Thanx Man.. Am definitely taking great care of her.. You ride looks real neat too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Very neat RX mate only you need the OE leg guard, handel bars and head light dome with ears to make her 100% RX or atleast stock them if later on you feels like going back to stock.
@Ajaybiz... Thanx Mate...Yes I do have the OE leg guard, handle bar & HL Dome with ears with me... I converted her to a pure 12V, using 55/60W Phillips bulb & put the Yezdi Dome for better lighting as I usually take highway rides & trust me you need this HL for the roads in Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Hey YamBoy. Nice pics of the Yam. Go easy on the smilies though.
@Iron Wolf... Thanx Dude..

cheers:
Old 26th November 2008, 11:25   #30
BHPian

sabareesh-good story of you and your bike,congrats dude,it really reminded me of my kawazaki rtz which i bought brand new in 1988 and sold it in 2005,17 years.did 2lakhs plus km,did a bombay to calicut once,did numerous calicut-bangalore, calicut-cochin and calicut-ooty.now i have a pulsar 150 which i bought brand new in 2005,which hasnt even reached 15000 km,never done a long on it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks