Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2008, 14:30   #31
BHPian

I have very nice memories with my 5 years old PULSAR 150 cc done 37k kms on odometer.Those college days were awesome.On my pulsar i have n no.of times gone up and down Bangalore-Chikballapur and around 9 times up and down Bangalore -Mysore.Touch wood its in excellent condition.
Old 26th November 2008, 14:48   #32
Senior - BHPian

Nice reading.
This has almost brought tears in my eyes. I had Bajaj Caliber ( 7.7 bhp with Kawasaki designed engine ) that was earlier used by dad and ended up in my hands later on when I entered college. Before that I had Bajaj Spirit ( 60cc with smiling headlamp ) that I used very roughly. Also overhauled the cylinder and changed the piston and ring myself.

I miss both of them. Literally it was me who misused the Caliber and I am still regretting that.

I appreciate those who keep their first bikes in good condition. I will miss my first bike forever.
Old 26th November 2008, 15:00   #33
Senior - BHPian

hmmm brigs back the memories of my 2nd bike.....shogun....good write up dude
Old 26th November 2008, 15:39   #34
BHPian

Thanks for all your support friends, really feel great to talk about my bike here.

I have listed some pro's and con's of the bike that I have experienced during me tenure with it so far.

PROs

1. It looks big & bulky. Surely throws an impression of a 150 cc + bike. I have been asked many times about its cubic capacity.

2. Due to a wheelbase of 1280 mm & a fat rear tyre 100/90x18, the bike is pretty stable even on 70 + speeds. The front tyre is 2.75x18.

3. Headlight is pretty bright and one need not be afraid about illumination driving through darkest of roads.

4. Seating position is comfortable for both rider & pillion, The bike can be easily maneuvered both in city as well as highways.

5. The 99.1 cc engine develops 8.5 bhp, the number of downshifts is much lesser during peak hours through city traffic. The 3 valve configuration is responsible for good power & fuel efficiency.

6. I get a respectable fuel average around 53 - 55 kmpl on highways and close to 48 - 50 kmpl in city.

CONs

1. Finding genuine spare parts is the biggest pain now a days. Even the authorised service centers have difficulty in getting spares from the company. I am yet to receive the left side fairing which accomodates the glove box. I had an accident last year due to which the rear end was damaged.

2. The Speedo / Odo unit is prone to go kaput regularly. Half of my life with the bike, i have driven it without working speedo / odo. My Odo shows only 47,000 kms though I have covered more than 90,000 kms on the bike.

3. Braking could have been much better. Because of drum brakes on both the wheels, I feel that its not upto the mark.

As of now, the bike has started showing its age. The side fairings come off the mount while driving as the rubber bushes which hold them have worn off. The rear Tail-light assembly is on the verge of falling down, its mounting has broken off from the fairing. The fake chrome plating on Indicators, Speedo / Tacho cups has started fading.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks