Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2009, 09:55   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
i had been doing this research in 2003 using the kari and cbz parts list catalogs and comparing the part numbers.most of the part numbers were same.this is the way i came to know about the similarities of the two bikes.
Navpreet, if you remember could you tell me what all parts were the same for Karizma and the CBZ? It might make it easier for me to hunt for certain parts that i need.
Old 13th January 2009, 10:19   #47
Senior - BHPian

Well sankar it'll be really hard for me to remember but what all parts are you scouting for.

Also try going to the authorised spares shop for HH and ask for thier parts lisn manual.they have full exploded views of all the parts of the bike and you can search for common parts there.i haev spent hours there with both the cbz and kari manuals open in front of me.try doing the same and you'll find what you need.

If you're doing a swap be vary of one special fact that there is a Particular gear on the cbz's crankshaft which connects it to the clutch's drive shaft.i think its called the gbd gear.now on the cbz its toothed on the inside where as on the kari its keyed.so you'll have some work to do on that.
Old 13th January 2009, 10:35   #48
Senior - BHPian

Yeah it would be hard to remember i understand, no problem
I think i'll visit the dealership and spend some time there going over the parts manual. I wish they allowed to photocopy the manual
Old 13th January 2009, 11:18   #49
Senior - BHPian

If you're on good terms with them then they would but generally they don't.i have no idea why all this secracy when all over the world parts lists are available over the net and even the service manuals are available at these authorised outlets.

also the cbz and kari share the engine with i think the crf230 or something like that.check it out.if your need its parts list or exploded views they should be available at this website.

ronayers.com

this website hosts and sells all OEM parts to all the bikes sold in US.i use it to order anything for my 12r.
Old 13th January 2009, 18:50   #50
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for that address Navpreet. Microfiche info are really useful.
Old 17th January 2009, 15:32   #51
BHPian

Karizma aftermarket windshield and rear shock options

Searched and found nothing, so here goes another thread.

Is there a zero gravity or similar windshield for the Karizma? My stock shield is scratched up and if there is a better option than a stock replacement, I would like to try it out.

Also, I read through Sankar's entire thread on "Karizma mods and ideas" but couldn't find answers for rear shock upgrade. Are the newer gas powered shocks from a pulsar or a CBZ a direct bolt on? Are they any better? My stock shock has started to squeak badly and I am wondering if its worth finding alternatives.

Thanks!
Old 18th January 2009, 23:13   #52
BHPian

This is India mate ! Aftermarket screens , highly unlikely. Shocks too, I suggest use replacement OEMs , the Pulsar ones aren't any better IMHO . When I asked HH supervisors about the Hunk's rear units, they said they have different length and will not be a direct fit ; I didn't verify that though .
Old 19th January 2009, 15:45   #53
Senior - BHPian

Note from Mod - The following threads have been merged into this thread

Karizma's exhaust compatibility with other bikes

Karizma final drive upgrade question

Has anyone successfully fitted a 130 rear tire on a Hero Honda Karizma?

Hyderabad: Where can I source the Karizma Belly Pan fairing kit?

Karizma aftermarket windshield and rear shock options

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks