Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2008, 23:48   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalblood View Post
TuffRyder: I think i will drop the idea of resetting the lock system and shun the seat down with a bolt!!! Sounds good to me as there is no much room to keep anything underneath. I would rather use the cowls to stuff anything in. I will definitely get in touch with Addu in the coming week. I have already applied toomany leaves for this bike and will not be able to get more leaves now. :( Got to plan stuff. Will keep you posted. WIll you be able to meet me at addu's place when i bring the bike down there? just a query though!!
Take your time, give me call and I will surely come to Addu's shop or even if I cant make I will call him up when u there.
Old 2nd December 2008, 00:00   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffRyder View Post
Take your time, give me call and I will surely come to Addu's shop or even if I cant make I will call him up when u there.
But where should i call you!!?? i mean i don't have your number. What should i refer you as to Addu? Does he know you by Tuffyder's name?
PM me the details if that is ok with you...

Thanx
Digitalblood
Old 2nd December 2008, 10:16   #18
BHPian

Quote:
@akeel: SOrry, i could not reply to your PM due to some technical error. Thanks buddy, I would love to get in touch with the mechs u suggested. Since it is almost done now, i rather thought of waiting for another week to see if she would come out completed. Just in case, nothing works out, i will definitely get in touch with one of those u suggested.
Thanx
Digitalblood
No problem, let me know if you need any further info
Old 5th December 2008, 16:52   #19
BHPian

My friends father had an yezdi long time(5yrs) ago.
He used to get it serviced at a mechanis who is right opp to the entrance to sankey tank malleshwaram entrance.
Old 8th December 2008, 11:27   #20
BHPian

Restoration Phase 2

Quote:
@ TuffRyder: I managed to pull the bike out from the bad guys clutches. Now she is restored in to a single piece but the problem still exists. I was planning to board her on a luggage carrier & bring her down all the way to ADDU's place by this weekend. Could you possibly forward me his Phone No. so that i can talk to him before getting it down? Or even a road map to go to his place would be much ample.

I will be attaching a few pics of her here in the current condition shortly.

Thanx
Digitalblood
Old 10th December 2008, 13:41   #21
BHPian

More Pics - Phase 2

4 more pics of the post restoration (?) state
Attached Thumbnails
MY Roadking In Restoration - Phase 1-071220081097.jpg  

MY Roadking In Restoration - Phase 1-071220081098.jpg  

MY Roadking In Restoration - Phase 1-071220081099.jpg  

MY Roadking In Restoration - Phase 1-071220081100.jpg  

Old 11th December 2008, 23:02   #22
BHPian

DigitalBlood: Sorry for the late reply. Here is Addu's number, 080-25478279. U can converse with him in Hindi and he is quite comfortable in English too. Im Patrick by the way, and I did PM u my number some time back. I will do that again. Addu's shop is in Seva Nagar. Put ur bike in a carrier, tell him to come to Bangalore East Railway Station, from there get directions to JaiBharathi Nagar bus stop. From there, either give me or addubhai a call and we'l direct you. I'l be more than happy to help you out with this bike. Im sorry but the bike after restoration looks really really bad. U need to lose quite a few thing, starting off with them blinkers/indicators.
Old 15th December 2008, 12:27   #23
BHPian

Quote:
DigitalBlood: Sorry for the late reply. Here is Addu's number, 080-25478279. U can converse with him in Hindi and he is quite comfortable in English too. Im Patrick by the way, and I did PM u my number some time back. I will do that again. Addu's shop is in Seva Nagar. Put ur bike in a carrier, tell him to come to Bangalore East Railway Station, from there get directions to JaiBharathi Nagar bus stop. From there, either give me or addubhai a call and we'l direct you. I'l be more than happy to help you out with this bike. Im sorry but the bike after restoration looks really really bad. U need to lose quite a few thing, starting off with them blinkers/indicators.
tuffRyder: Thanks for the inputs / details. I am open for suggestions to get her back on road like all other RKs hassle-free. I have always been wondering and also feeling real bad when ever a RK passes by & when ever i come accross some guy Starting his RK with just one kick. :(

The day i brought My RK back form the paint shop, i rode on it & felt like "GOD". An Awesome feeling though. But after parking it in front of the gate for about an hour in the evening, I tried to startt her & it didn't start. If i would count, it would have taken more than 400 kicks but the engine jsut didn't budge to roar, leaving my infant son & my wife disappointed. I lost heart too.

This will be the final thing that i would do with Addu. If this also fails, i will never do anything to it at all. I have lost heart on it now.

THanks for the help and i will defenitely call you on your cell once i reach Addu's place.

Regards
Digitalblood
Old 15th December 2008, 13:48   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In the process, like evertbody else, i too asked a friend of mine who owned a 250CL II long time back & whose father used to tune the carb himself with a successful 55KMS/LTR.!!!!

Quote:
He started to suggest me ideas on how to make her look prettier/massive on road and i like a dumb idiot, i started buying his ideas too. :( He first suggested that we should change the color. I was a bit negative but he convinced me. !!
Quote:
Since his family was into this workshop/garage thingy, they had thewhole setup of painting/mechanics/upholstery and stuff. So i blindly gave the bike to him.
Quote:
He later opened up the bike body line & we both sat & scraped the good color out of it and took some money from me for restoration and gulped it away. He mentioned a mechanic's name to sort the minor things out which i didn't notice & the mechanic gulped another sum of money from me.
Quote:
and my bike belongings got stuck in his house while he was away from bangalore for "HIS PERSONAL WORK"
Quote:
Later the mechanic being a close friend of my other friend, started acting up.
Quote:
Overall, i have had a tuff time to get her on road & she is still lying in the painter's garage.
Deja vu!

digitalblood, I really feel for you and I know the feeling very very well.

Why does all this sound very very familiar? Is it because I've been through the same experience, albiet on a much bigger scale?

All of it sounds so familiar, except this:

Quote:
NOW, the painter has a bubble in his "Not-to-mention" area on his body
In my case the bubbles are on the paint, not on the painter's body.
Old 15th December 2008, 19:02   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Deja vu!

digitalblood, I really feel for you and I know the feeling very very well.

Why does all this sound very very familiar? Is it because I've been through the same experience, albiet on a much bigger scale?

All of it sounds so familiar, except this:

In my case the bubbles are on the paint, not on the painter's body.
@Steeroid: Hell Yes, I think you are judging my situation quite right. I am sorry to learn that you too had a similar problem (?) But i think i got it onto myself. :(

But then, there is always a happy ending & that is what i beleive.

Lets hope for the best.

BTW, Thanx for the words. It just put me back on track.

Thanks
Digitalblood
Old 15th December 2008, 23:36   #26
BHPian

Quote:
tuffRyder: Thanks for the inputs / details. I am open for suggestions to get her back on road like all other RKs hassle-free. I have always been wondering and also feeling real bad when ever a RK passes by & when ever i come accross some guy Starting his RK with just one kick. :(

The day i brought My RK back form the paint shop, i rode on it & felt like "GOD". An Awesome feeling though. But after parking it in front of the gate for about an hour in the evening, I tried to startt her & it didn't start. If i would count, it would have taken more than 400 kicks but the engine jsut didn't budge to roar, leaving my infant son & my wife disappointed. I lost heart too.

This will be the final thing that i would do with Addu. If this also fails, i will never do anything to it at all. I have lost heart on it now.

THanks for the help and i will defenitely call you on your cell once i reach Addu's place.

Regards
Digitalblood
Hey buddy:

Dont worry, we will get ur machine back in shape. You know, these bikes have their own personalities, sometime they can be a *****. One of my bikes although fairly new has given me a problem for the last 2 years. I've tried everything possible but nothing really works. Ive not given up on her.

Since U are so frustrated with your bike, I'l make sure I personally go and check on it when it is at Addu's shop and make sure that its worth all your wait. Im always happy to see another of these great ones back on road instead of a scrapyard.

Cheers
-pat-
Old 16th December 2008, 10:56   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Hey buddy:

Dont worry, we will get ur machine back in shape. You know, these bikes have their own personalities, sometime they can be a *****. One of my bikes although fairly new has given me a problem for the last 2 years. I've tried everything possible but nothing really works. Ive not given up on her.

Since U are so frustrated with your bike, I'l make sure I personally go and check on it when it is at Addu's shop and make sure that its worth all your wait. Im always happy to see another of these great ones back on road instead of a scrapyard.

Cheers
-pat-
TuffRyder: Thank you for the extended hand. I am feeling i am not lost. Since the downfall of the markets, my company is facing a financial crisis and have not paid up from last 3 months. Waiting for the finances to re-arrange. Once i get through this phase, i will bring her down to Addu. Will keep you posted about the where-abouts.

Now, My other bike is also in the garage with her engine open. She ceased due to low oil levels which i didn't notice. Organising spares for her from chennai. Once she is also on road, may be we can meet up. Will definitely let you know of anay progress & willl inform you well before i bring her down to Addu.

Thanx again
Digitalblood
Old 16th December 2008, 21:48   #28
BHPian

DigitalBlood: Cheers. Take ur time. Dont rush through things. These motorcycles have no expiry date If i dont respond on this forum, just msg me on my phone.
Old 17th December 2008, 11:33   #29
BHPian

Quote:
DigitalBlood: Cheers. Take ur time. Dont rush through things. These motorcycles have no expiry date If i dont respond on this forum, just msg me on my phone.

Aye Aye Cap'n, Roger that!!
Old 17th December 2008, 13:03   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey tuffyrider nice to see you here too man...and I think this King is going to look fantastic after the restoration...there are just 2 or 3 guys worth their salt in Bangalore who do a phenomenal job and I dont go to Addu but another chap. But Addu is great and a lot of senior bikers in Bangalore trust him with their steeds.

And if Tuffyrider has promised to go see your bike every day...hmmm...got a new lamberetta, so any excuse to ride eh??? bugger...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks