Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2008, 11:27   #1

Help required in modding my Unicorn

hey guys have certain questions regarding the mods i need to conduct on my unicorn and before i proceed with it just need to take some expert advice

1. am getting a brand new karizma engine from a local dealer need to know certain things

i have checked the mounting points on both the uni ND THE ZMA AND FOUND VISUALLY THERES ONLY THE difference of the front mounting bracket is this true ....if so wont the zma engine be a direct fit on the uni chassis

2 i would also like to know if it is possible to fit the 17 inch front alloy wheel from the pulsars on to the uni

3 the lighting on my bike is very poor and if the zma engine thing works out i would like to go in for some serious lighting as i intend to use the bike for touring mostly ... is it possible t just get the projector lamps from the 220 wud that be a good and viable option....just the lamp without the fairing and then get a custom bracket done for it

the bike is currently running a stock block but a slightly polsihed head and a bs29 carb with a proton filter 125 main jets stock pilot jets(as on the 180)
she touches close to 125 on the meter and midrange and acceleration is very good as compared to the stock bike but im kinda tired with it and want a step up

4 also wud like to say hi to mr venugopal long time sir lost my cell and with that ur contact number wanted to know about high lift cams for the zma engine ...is it worth it.... and i also have friend in spaco carbs and he said that they have some 30mm flatslides dont know the rest of the spec will have to check it what do u think will a 30 mm flatslide be better or the bs29 with the zma engine

5 also wanted to know if i will have to change the cdi to the zma one or can i keep using the uni cdi

6 im not happy with the stock front suspension its too soft and since my bike is 3 years old its all fckd up so what recommendatins on that front

and guys dont worry abt costs (too much)

and im very atached to this bike and it has a lot of sentimenta value to me so plz dont advice selling it and rather buying a new bike coz thats not an option for me
Old 27th November 2008, 18:19   #2
BHPian

Hi whats the price of ZMA engine?
Old 28th November 2008, 09:43   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascari10 View Post

1. am getting a brand new karizma engine from a local dealer need to know certain things

i have checked the mounting points on both the uni ND THE ZMA AND FOUND VISUALLY THERES ONLY THE difference of the front mounting bracket is this true ....if so wont the zma engine be a direct fit on the uni chassis

Illegal. PERIOD

20 charssssssssssssssssssss
Old 28th November 2008, 09:58   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascari10 View Post
2 i would also like to know if it is possible to fit the 17 inch front alloy wheel from the pulsars on to the uni

3 the lighting on my bike is very poor and if the zma engine thing works out i would like to go in for some serious lighting as i intend to use the bike for touring mostly ... is it possible t just get the projector lamps from the 220 wud that be a good and viable option....just the lamp without the fairing and then get a custom bracket done for it

the bike is currently running a stock block but a slightly polsihed head and a bs29 carb with a proton filter 125 main jets stock pilot jets(as on the 180)
she touches close to 125 on the meter and midrange and acceleration is very good as compared to the stock bike but im kinda tired with it and want a step up

4 also wud like to say hi to mr venugopal long time sir lost my cell and with that ur contact number wanted to know about high lift cams for the zma engine ...is it worth it.... and i also have friend in spaco carbs and he said that they have some 30mm flatslides dont know the rest of the spec will have to check it what do u think will a 30 mm flatslide be better or the bs29 with the zma engine

5 also wanted to know if i will have to change the cdi to the zma one or can i keep using the uni cdi
2) Better option go for the CBF Stunner's 17inch wheels, it would most certainly be a direct fit.

3) Use the complete Karizma electricals (wiring, alternator, cdi, battery etc) in your Uni.

4) Pacco sells a 30mm roundslide carb based on the VM30. No idea about Spaco.

5) Change the CDI to Karizma's or go for CRF230L's complete wiring kit and ignition.
Old 29th November 2008, 00:13   #5

guys thanks for the updates but also some prices plz just as a rough idea

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks