Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2017, 00:58   #166
BHPian

Re: Whoa LML? Whither LML?

Almost a year has already passed when I saw a NV spl eating dust in a near dilapidated state at a very friendly mechanic's garage. I made no mistake and asked if he is interested to sell the ride, and he happily handed over the keys for a mere 3k I spent nearly 1.5 k on papers and got my hands dirty, finding possibilities of what it could become, and the results hasn't been discouraging.
Here are a few pics of my prized possession
PS: it's a daily runner now ��
Attached Thumbnails
Whoa LML? Whither LML?-img_20171115_205318.jpg  

Whoa LML? Whither LML?-img20170413wa0018.jpg  

Whoa LML? Whither LML?-img20170413wa0019.jpg  

Whoa LML? Whither LML?-img_20171113_162240.jpg  

Whoa LML? Whither LML?-img_20171113_162236.jpg  

silvr is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 17th February 2018, 11:41   #167
BHPian

This has turned out to be good. Its now definitely a head-turner. Its no longer the rusty, almost junk scooter that you bought.
Kudos to you and the mechanic for lovingly restoring this timeless beauty to its pristine condition. Also, let us know the expenses incurred, and what all work you had to do on this LML..

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvr View Post
Almost a year has already passed when I saw a NV spl eating dust in a near dilapidated state at a very friendly mechanic's garage. I made no mistake and asked if he is interested to sell the ride, and he happily handed over the keys for a mere 3k I spent nearly 1.5 k on papers and got my hands dirty, finding possibilities of what it could become, and the results hasn't been discouraging.
PS: it's a daily runner now ��
yogesa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2018, 16:26   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvr View Post
the results hasn't been discouraging.
PS: it's a daily runner now 😊
Very nicely done. Loved the colour and those chequered plates on the floor board. That number plate is a sore thumb on an otherwise excellent outcome. Can you do something to that?

I would suggest a visor like on a Vespa with the number plate mounted atop .
unk9ja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2018, 10:59   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesa View Post
This has turned out to be good. Its now definitely a head-turner. Its no longer the rusty, almost junk scooter that you bought.
Kudos to you and the mechanic for lovingly restoring this timeless beauty to its pristine condition. Also, let us know the expenses incurred, and what all work you had to do on this LML..
I bought it for 3500 and approximately 12000was spent in restoring it along with paper transfer FC and insurance.
The repair it required was a little daunting, the bottom plate and front mudguard along with horn cast were replaced with a new one, the front wheel's hinge pin had gone really bad and needed replacement and leatherwork, front shockabsorbers is replaced along with the rear one, engine wasn't much fiddled with so it was given a decent service and faulty parts were repaired and replaced.all the rubber beads and mountings were replaced. New tyres from Michelin were installed, along with new wheel rings and brake pads, all the wires and cables were replaced with new one. The head lamp was scavenged from a donor scooter as the one available in market, was of horrible standard.
And finally the paint scheme, I always loved the Gulf racing theme , and hence have gone for it.
I guess that would be all, here is the video of it post Restoration:

silvr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2018, 12:15   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
Very nicely done. Loved the colour and those chequered plates on the floor board. That number plate is a sore thumb on an otherwise excellent outcome. Can you do something to that?

I would suggest a visor like on a Vespa with the number plate mounted atop .
Agree, I am planning to relocate it once I get the crome front and rear luggage racks.
PS: If any one has any leads regarding crome luggage racks(at affordable price), do let me know.
Old 29th September 2020, 16:11   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

Not sure whether we covered the 60cc (59.9 cc) LML Trendy on this thread. As it is, it was selling just a few hundred units a month during it's prime years. Very few could be surviving. It however had the Italian DNA and also came with a stepney as OE.

https://www.bikesmedia.in/lml/trendy.html

Quote:
The LML Trendy was a tiny looking scoottret, with 59.9cc 2-stroke engine. The only competition to the Trendy was Bajaj Sunny/ Sunny Zip
Quoted from the above link. It also however competed with the Bajaj Spirit, TVS Scooty and Hero Winner when launched.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 29th September 2020 at 16:14.
Old 29th September 2020, 18:43   #172
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Not sure whether we covered the 60cc (59.9 cc) LML Trendy on this thread.
Quoted from the above link. It also however competed with the Bajaj Spirit, TVS Scooty and Hero Winner when launched.
The Kinetic Zing was also it's competitor. The LML Trendy was powered by a 59.9 cc, 2-stroke motor that offered 3.4 bhp and 3.5 Nm with a CVT. Its unique and somewhat odd design made it popular among some youngsters. The stepney placement parallel to the length of scooterette was one of a kind, somewhat similar to the older Willys MUV's CJ 2A, 2B, Willys/ Jeep CJ 3B and the Jeep CJ 4A.

Whoa LML? Whither LML?-lml-trendy-1.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks