Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2009, 23:45   #31
Senior - BHPian

I really have respect for the company just purely on the basis of the enthusiasm they have shown during the tough times. The promoters were always standing by the company.
Old 31st August 2010, 23:30   #32
Senior - BHPian

Saw an ad for LML 2-strokes and 4-strokes. Decided to post and let others know. Was some news channel airing it.
Old 1st September 2010, 21:15   #33
Senior - BHPian

just saw ad of lml envy. looked just like old scooter though.
Old 1st September 2010, 21:39   #34
Senior - BHPian

also had a disc brake.
here is a similar pic. (white one)

pictures not mine. downloaded from net.
Attached Thumbnails
Whoa LML? Whither LML?-342a0f94ad554b30bfe1e0c98aece68a.jpg  

Whoa LML? Whither LML?-cd57a24137a84f6d8ad78c73b94f1c9f.jpg  

Last edited by jeepster : 1st September 2010 at 21:40.
Old 1st September 2010, 23:38   #35
Senior - BHPian

Is the disc brake version Indian bound or EU bound?
Old 3rd November 2010, 03:20   #36
Senior - BHPian

LML Vespa Select - A Passionate restoration

Few months back,while I was driving through Nampally,I spotted an original LML Vespa Select lying on the corner of the road and the owner struggling to kick start it.Somehow I knew my eyes fell on this for long time and soon i got out of my car and approached this old gentlemen asking if he was ready to part with it.He took my generous offer and with in 24 hrs,the scooter came home.
Then began the restoration process.
-Engine was choked up.
-Nothing worked on electricals
-Brakes were jammed
-Gears were stuttering and muttering !!!
It could not even stand properly and it had all the maladies.
A month back,we started to open up the beauty and felt happy to see lot of original parts.
Today the restoration is almost complete and the new scooter will be unveiled hopefully on Diwali day.
Until then,a picture in which the tattered Vespa came home !!
Attached Thumbnails
Whoa LML? Whither LML?-dsc00002.jpg  

Last edited by hillram : 3rd November 2010 at 03:22.
Old 11th November 2010, 23:59   #37
Senior - BHPian

LML Vespa Select-Restoration Galore

It was a momentous time when i brought home the restored LML Vespa Select home,yesterday.Though we missed the Diwali deadline,it came in a new avatar all togather.A usual a dual shade adorned this scooter,with striped lines on the cowels and front mudguard.
The Piaggion engine was opened and overhauled and all the required parts were replaced including magnetos,coils and entire wiring has been redone to get the electricals right.
I touched 110 kmph on ORR and backed off,lest the blow the freshly done up engine.
Another entrant into my Italian Stable !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Whoa LML? Whither LML?-1.jpg  

Whoa LML? Whither LML?-2.jpg  

Whoa LML? Whither LML?-3.jpg  

Whoa LML? Whither LML?-4.jpg  

Old 12th November 2010, 00:50   #38
Senior - BHPian

Another excellent hit by you Ram which hit my heart well, I consider you as Ram Gopal Verma of Team BHP. I read you saying you brought scooters which are really beaten up, bad in shape the on road while driving with a friend, this one lying as a scrapy outside a scooter shop and turning these metals into magic. Ram Sir I am sure you are trying to get a complete range of PIAGGIO/LML products.

I have seen people throging for vintages, classics though you are into it but you still find chances to make wonders and that too in no time, hats off for you taste, choice and creations. Please continue to inspire us.
Old 12th November 2010, 01:00   #39
Senior - BHPian

Bala..Thanks.
Its just that these marvels are so good machines that i cant resist laying my hands on.And restoration is total dedication and investment for a permanent pleasure.
Old 12th November 2010, 01:25   #40
Senior - BHPian

Right said Ram sir, but unfortunately HYD people did not understand its value atleast for me as far as LML goes most of the mechanics say " fail gaadi hai saab, bahut mehnat karna padtha" (unsuccessful scooter and needs lot of labour) this was told by a mechanic when he had to change the break wire of a LML NV but the same was copied by Bajaj for its later models.

I love LML for its sturdiness and comfort, I drove a brand new LML Select II from the showroom for my neighbour and I still can't forgot the feel, in simple words it's a two wheeled luxurious car with that extra lamp on the horn cast, indicators on the bonnet and the left side dome, Titan watch and speedometer console was just magic in the night.

I was promised to get a LML XE by a dealer which was initial colaboration with Lohia in India but later became a false promise later, now I am looking for a LML NV Spl Xpress 5 series which is the last from LML scooters in India, I had waited 2 1/2 hrs on a heavy rainy day drenching for that scooter at the dealers place at Vijayawada when I went to see a friend there, Vijayawada has nice scooters and LML's are really good there, hope to find one good soon.
Old 12th November 2010, 02:41   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Right said Ram sir, but unfortunately HYD people did not understand its value atleast for me as far as LML goes most of the mechanics say " fail gaadi hai saab, bahut mehnat karna padtha" (unsuccessful scooter and needs lot of labour) this was told by a mechanic when he had to change the break wire of a LML NV but the same was copied by Bajaj for its later models.

I love LML for its sturdiness and comfort, I drove a brand new LML Select II from the showroom for my neighbour and I still can't forgot the feel, in simple words it's a two wheeled luxurious car with that extra lamp on the horn cast, indicators on the bonnet and the left side dome, Titan watch and speedometer console was just magic in the night.

I was promised to get a LML XE by a dealer which was initial colaboration with Lohia in India but later became a false promise later, now I am looking for a LML NV Spl Xpress 5 series which is the last from LML scooters in India, I had waited 2 1/2 hrs on a heavy rainy day drenching for that scooter at the dealers place at Vijayawada when I went to see a friend there, Vijayawada has nice scooters and LML's are really good there, hope to find one good soon.
LML Vespa were the most sturdy scooters with chic Italian design on Indian Roads.But the era was ruled by Bajaj Chetaks.
I bought my LML Vespa NV straight from Showroom in 1989 for Rs.14000.
Today it still stands steadfast in my stable and i have clocked more than 1,00,000 kms on it.
LML XE was a rare model and so was T5.
You should do a recee at Ramkote from time to time as I have seen few pristine LMLs being put up there.
Old 12th November 2010, 10:53   #42
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot Ram it slipped off my mind, will you join me in this as I know you are good at bargaining and the best part I can be lucky being with you in getting a prestine scooter as you were in getting most of the gems.
Old 11th December 2010, 22:20   #43
BHPian

Ram, the scooter looks great with the 2 tone colour! Nice work done! The next LML on your list should be the one that has fog lamp(s) located at the horn position. Wishing you hundreds of happy (s)miles!

Regards and Keep Revving,

Rahul Waghmare.
Old 11th December 2010, 22:41   #44
BANNED

Re: Whoa LML? Whither LML?

My dad had a Chetak and I bought a brand new LML Star (MP-17HA-4533) and I loved it as long as I had it. The build, the peppy engine, the handling and the feel of the scooter was far ahead of its times. Sadly though, financial troubles compelled me to sell it when it had run around 40k kms.

But I have seen quite a few new four stroke LMLs running in Delhi. I believe there is some business still on at LML.
Old 4th January 2011, 16:55   #45
Senior - BHPian

Re: Whoa LML? Whither LML?

HI every one the NEW LML model is going to be launched this FEB. i am going to test drive a machiine this thursday have got a special invite from a Dealer. He did inform me that the Officials from LML have asked them and also taken it in written that the new scooter is not be test driven by just any one. this is a demo only model for display purpose in the SHOWROOM.

Most Viewed