Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2008, 13:15   #16
BHPian

man i love RDs congrats i had one in my last year of college saved up for a long time to buy that. one day ihope to buy one more.
Old 7th December 2008, 16:17   #17
BHPian

Pics of our latest meet posted on the Thane RD Meet thread.
Old 8th December 2008, 14:11   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbops1 View Post
I rode an RD for 10 years. Awesome bike. Stupid of me I sold it about 8 yrs ago for a price of 17k. (I had bought it for 16k though.) But that is the greatest regret of my life.
same here even i regret having sold mine had one in 1986 during my college days rode it for 10 long years and then disposed it off , looking at these lovely beauties once again makes me go down memory lane .......... still regret selling it
Old 11th December 2008, 02:14   #19
BHPian

nice bikes TURBO V12 ! just love the red RDs rear look.. those LC pipes look massive! whr did he get those from?
Old 11th December 2008, 16:13   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamdoot View Post
those LC pipes look massive! whr did he get those from?
One of them is an original LC pipe. The other one is fabricated. He got those pipes as stock when he bought the bike. We like the looks and sound of it.
Old 15th December 2008, 08:25   #21
Senior - BHPian

2009 Yamaha RD350 Concept

Quote:
2009 Yamaha RD350 Concept

Could this be the return of the two-stroke sportbike?

By Kevin Duke, Jun. 13, 2008, Photography by Oberdan Bezzi

Two-stroke motorcycle engines are akin to the dodo bird – or nearly so. Ring-ding streetbikes all but disappeared by the 1990s, reaching their zenith in the mid-’80s with the GP-inspired Yamaha RZ500, Suzuki RG500 Gamma and Honda NSR400, all of which were never officially available in America but were sold nearly everywhere else. The sporting two-stroke bike movement petered out with the Yamaha RZ350 in the late ’80s, choked down with catalytic converters in its exhaust expansion chambers. Indeed, it’s the two-stroke motor’s inherent oil-burning design that has forced it from roads in which exhaust emissions are now strictly controlled. Bimota’s innovative 500cc Vdue seemed to offer the promise of a clean-burning, lightweight two-stroke sportbike, but drivability issues with its fuel-injected V-Twin could never be fully resolved, and this failure (Bimota’s first and only attempt at building its own engine) eventually precipitated the Italian company’s demise until its resurrection a few years ago.

Continue here:
2009 Yamaha RD350 Concept - Motorcycle.com

Last edited by deepclutch : 15th December 2008 at 08:27.
Old 16th December 2008, 12:00   #22
BHPian

Oil

hi guys,

Any idea where will i get castrol jettx and Castrol Magnatec or Castrol GTX 20W-50W in bombay
Old 16th December 2008, 18:03   #23
BHPian

Jet X should not be that difficult to find. Try full synthetic oil like Motul 800 or Agip, you will see a word of difference.

Motul 300V, 3000T for engine oil recomended. From Castrol try Power 1 for the engine.
Old 23rd March 2009, 13:13   #24
BHPian

Handle Bars

Hi guys,

These days im enjoying my Rd a lot, i only take her out after dark , when the roads are all for her. Have spent a few thou on her, but i forget everything the moment i put her beyond 6k rpm mark.

Few things to get fixed though, my 2t oil leaks from the bottom of the engine, got the seal changed recently but still the same issue, will have to get that checked,

Currently running on points( and happy), but would eventually want to go for RDD cdi once i have the dough.

The most immediate change i would want to go for is the Handle bar, currently its on a Bullet handlebar, i have noticed it gets a little unstable if i cross 140kmph mark.

Can you guys suggest me a replacement, or where can i find OE bars( asking for the impossible), or a replica of it.

Let me know if any rd guys go for a ride next time. Would love to join in.

Appreciate it.
hormaz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks