Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2009, 14:40   #136
Senior - BHPian

Have it on my bike, it doesnt really sound loud tht loud. though have got lots of glasswool in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Dear Susan,
Goldstar Silencer has a progressively increasing expansion chamber. I have attached an image of the same. From what i've heard, they sound really loud.
Cheers,
Deepak
Old 15th March 2009, 22:58   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkglow View Post
a 1976 Bullet

4) The bike has original single hub break drums in the front and the rear, and old styling front mudguard with the number plate on the front side.

6)The first owner - 75 year old gentleman parted it to the second owner two years ago. The second owner now wants to sell this bike to buy a 1958 magneto bullet.
7) He is quoting Rs40000/ and slightly negotiable. .
8) Two things that could have been done better on this bike are painting which is not really upto the mark, and the machismo tank.

I need your advice and guidance to the determine the true value of this bike. What price is it really worth buying at? And also comment on the condition of the bike as shown in the attached pic.

Tanveer
hi Tanveer

1976 i say 30k,(cause all work done & please check it thrice )

enfiends with old crank will be considered classic (350single) so stick to pre 72 ones as old crank was discontinued after 1972. (take the advice from owners him self )
but they better then new ones if maintained well .

as far as color goes a full job will be around 5k (a good one) (mine 3k)

see my enfield here
Old 16th March 2009, 00:41   #138
Senior - BHPian

How is the vibration level,Noise(Oh!I mean thump) when the old machines were taken above 60kmph speed?Do we need to bite our tooths together while cruising?(no offense ever to any old bullets).
Old 16th March 2009, 06:20   #139
BANNED

Vibes would be due to non-true crankshafts. Otherwise they need not vibrate.
Old 17th March 2009, 17:35   #140
BHPian

Goldstar silencer

Guys,

from where can i find a goldy for my bullet in DELHI???

please advice.

streetrage911
Old 17th March 2009, 18:08   #141
Senior - BHPian

Streetrage,

A guy named Saurabh Katar sells Goldies and is based out of Delhi. On orkut, search Goldstar silencer or Sans Inc, you will be able to find details about the silencer and testimonials which seem pretty good.
Old 17th March 2009, 22:34   #142
BHPian

Goldie

Thanks Jay, i found that guy.

One more thing i want to ask: I dont want a very loud noise, rather i want a very healthy thump. Are there any adjustments that needs to be done on the silencer? plz explain.
Old 18th March 2009, 12:14   #143
Senior - BHPian

if you have a new bullet ,you may try a short bottle silencer ,instead of the original one for meaty thump.
Old 18th March 2009, 12:19   #144
BHPian

Hello Guys... Should I purchase second hand Thunderbird or new Thunderbird Twinspark??

Please suggest.
Old 19th March 2009, 00:25   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
if you have a new bullet ,you may try a short bottle silencer ,instead of the original one for meaty thump.
man, i need your help in identifying the silencers. i dont have much knowledge about them. Plz explain in detail.

Thanks in anticipation
Old 19th March 2009, 08:16   #146
Senior - BHPian

Streetrage,

There are two types of goldstar silencers, one with the jaali(perforated pipe in the muffler) and the other without the jaali. The one without the jaali is a freeflow silencer and installing it will require you to upjet the carb. This silencer improves performance a bit. On the other hand, if you just want a bassier thump, go for the goldie with jaali. The one(with jaali) that Saurabh Katar sells doesn't need an upjet.

Coming to the short bottle silencer, most RE dealerships stock it and you need to ask for the STD350 short bottle silencer. How does it look? It looks like your existing silencer with a shorter muffler/fat pipe.
Old 19th March 2009, 13:58   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
Streetrage,

There are two types of goldstar silencers, one with the jaali(perforated pipe in the muffler) and the other without the jaali. The one without the jaali is a freeflow silencer and installing it will require you to upjet the carb. This silencer improves performance a bit. On the other hand, if you just want a bassier thump, go for the goldie with jaali. The one(with jaali) that Saurabh Katar sells doesn't need an upjet.

Coming to the short bottle silencer, most RE dealerships stock it and you need to ask for the STD350 short bottle silencer. How does it look? It looks like your existing silencer with a shorter muffler/fat pipe.
Thanks Jay for the detailed information, Mine is a 2nd hand Bullet Electra 5s, 2006 Model. Which silencer do you recommend for me. I just want a bit heavier thump, but it should'nt be NOISY.
Old 19th March 2009, 17:14   #148
Senior - BHPian

Streetrage,

Go for the short bottle silencer. Get one from any Royal Enfield dealer.
Old 19th March 2009, 17:50   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
Streetrage,

Go for the short bottle silencer. Get one from any Royal Enfield dealer.

Thanks Jay and Deepclutch. You've been very helpful. I would go for a short bottle silencer

--streetrage
Old 20th March 2009, 22:44   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjaram View Post
Hello Guys... Should I purchase second hand Thunderbird or new Thunderbird Twinspark??

Please suggest.
Vinjaram, seems your question got lost in between. It all depends on your budget.
I would still suggest you to go for a Thunderbird TwinSpark. Its an improved technology, will give easily a mileage of 40KMPL, very low maintenance required and comes in a single-tone color providing impressive looks.

Most Viewed