Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2009, 22:03   #151
BHPian

hello friends,
congrats on buying such a nice bike and that green is pretty exclusive, i am also planning to buy a bullet, i have got mainly 2 queries, first that what is the milage of 500lb . is it able to give somewhere near 28 kmpl?? secondly is this bike equipped with uce??
Old 25th March 2009, 08:49   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by makanaka View Post
hello friends,
congrats on buying such a nice bike and that green is pretty exclusive, i am also planning to buy a bullet, i have got mainly 2 queries, first that what is the milage of 500lb . is it able to give somewhere near 28 kmpl?? secondly is this bike equipped with uce??
My 2 cents here for your 2 queries
1. When buying 500LB dont think of KMPL, depennding on your driving habbits and number of miles per run it should be 30+ or so (I may be wrong here or you may like to use full throtle while biking)

2. UCE, Unit Construction Engine is only in Twinspark Thunderbird. 500LB(Lean Burn), is an aluminium engine,Single Cylinder, 4 Stroke, OHV, SI Engine, Air Cooled. What that means to you is that this is the same technology as in Machismo 350CC. 500CC gives you more (A Whole Great More) Torque. Now will the bike be equipped with UCE, I belive in future we would see Twinspark Thunderbird with 500CC UCE as well as Electra, but like most bullet fans I am hoping to see launch of bullet classic before that.
Hope this helps, if not its only two cents mate
Regards
Old 25th March 2009, 16:26   #153
BHPian

hey friends,
thanks for your reply, i ride between 40-60 kmph and normal city traffic , so even if i get 28kmpl il be more than happy, can someone confirm this figure, i mean under normal city riding conditions and at said speeds will i be able to atleast get 28 after my first service? i know that if im so concerned abt mileage i shouldnt be buying a bullet but i am going to buy it anyway , just dont want to get some unpleasant surprises, so can any lb 500 owner confirm this figure?
Old 25th March 2009, 17:12   #154
Senior - BHPian

Ok. I own a LB500 with about 4000Ks on the clock. So I guess, I would be able to give you a rough estimate on the FE front. With a light throttle hand, constant 80-90 on the highway, I get 33-35. In the peak hour traffic, I get 30.

Meanwhile riding at 40-60 is pretty difficult as you can generally shift to fifth only at 60-70. When I rode at 60-70 during the first 500ks, I even got 40+.
Old 31st March 2009, 16:09   #155
BHPian

hello friends
booking my 500 lb tomorrow, though one last query, the price which is being offered here is around 1.08 on road, now is it possible to get some kind of discounts like dealer discount or full cash down discount? what if i buy my bike from chandigarh or some other state, would it make a substantial difference in price? please reply as soon as possible guys because i am going to book it tomorrow, thanks in advance
Old 31st March 2009, 20:55   #156
BHPian

hello friends,
besides the query regarding price i got one more problem on my hands now, the people at the showroom are claiming that they cannot get me the lb500 in green colour because the company dosent produces em anymore in green colour, is that true, tell me it aint so can someone post a number from where i can confirm this. thank u fellows
Old 31st March 2009, 21:45   #157
Senior - BHPian

Most probably, they are bluffing, plain and simple. Don't buy the bike they have on hand for all you know, it could be a demo bike or they are trying to push the stock they have. It happens all the time, especially in smaller cities/towns. Be firm about the LB500 in Alberto Green. AFAIK, it is being produced as a friend of mine bought an Alberto Green LB500 a week ago. wait for the Alberto Green LB500. By waiting, you can atleast be assured that you are getting a new piece directly from the factory.

Coming o the price, 1.08 sounds very tempting, as I paid 1.17 on-road Bangalore, a couple of months ago. To be frank, 1.08 sounds a little on the lower side to me as the bike sells foe 1.08 at Chennai itself. Transporting one to Dehradun should have led to the price becoming higher. But this is just my opinion.

You can contact customerservice@royalenfield.com for any queries and usually they reply within a day on weekdays. Shoot off a strong email. Contact number of the RE Factory is +91 - 44 - 42043300 and + 91 - 44 - 42230400.
Old 1st April 2009, 00:42   #158
BHPian

"most probably bluffing and demo bike and pushing stock????" why not "may be true that the alberta green has actually been stopped?"

its a FACT that the alberta green has been stopped as of 31st march 2009.

makanaka, go for the black because thats the only colour available now. happy riding.
Old 1st April 2009, 12:15   #159
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodhogan View Post
its a FACT that the alberta green has been stopped as of 31st march 2009.
Oh financial year ending is it?

You know why they stopped?
Old 1st April 2009, 15:46   #160
BHPian

hey friends
bad news, yes it is true that they have stopped manufacturing the lb 500 in alberto green colour, just confirmed it with the asm of the northern zone and one other person , i dont remember his designation but his name is keshav, anyway, i guess i dont have any options left but to go with the black
Old 1st April 2009, 16:20   #161
BHPian

noob question: what is LB 500? and AVL 500? references are made in this thread.

I can see only 5 models in Enfield website.
Old 1st April 2009, 16:50   #162
Senior - BHPian

AVL Engines in Bullets correlates Aluminium Engined Royal Enfield Motorcycles(if not bullet ).
AVL of austria designed the Aluminium Engines for Royal Enfield.
LB stands for Lean Burn Engine.
Old 1st April 2009, 18:31   #163
BHPian

thanks deepclutch for explaining.
Old 1st April 2009, 19:21   #164
Senior - BHPian

Hollywoodhogan,

I stand corrected on that one.

Makanaka,

All hope isn't lost yet. Today morning, I emailed RE about the Alberto Green color. The ASM called me in the afternoon and confirmed that they had stopped taking orders for the Alberto Green Machismo from March 5th, 2009. the reason he gave me was that the LB500 sells in very limited numbers and in that, the Alberto Green constitutes only 10% of the sales. I argued that the Machismo in itself is a niche, unique product and as premium customers, owners deserve to have a chance to choose the very classy Alberto Green. He was kind enough to understand my view and he had a solution to it. He told me that Alberto Green LB500s will be made, BUT, only if the customer is very particular about it. The example he gave me was that some regular/repeat customers are very particular about not buying black for religious/sentimental/superstitious reasons. For such customers, Alberto Green Machismo 500s can be made, but the motorcycle will have a waiting period of 45 days instead of the usual 30 days for the black colored version. So, If you are prepared to wait for 45 days for the Alberto Green version, I guess you can coax your dealer/ASM to get the LB500 made for you. RE will oblige if you are serious about it. All it will take is some coaxin and paying the monies upfront. Here's hoping that you manage to get the color of your choice.

Happy Thumping,
Jay
Old 1st April 2009, 21:17   #165
BHPian

hello friends
jay prashanth, i am buying the bike on cash basis, im ready to pay the full amount upfront, if its necessary, the thing is that my dealer has straight away refused to listen to my request and as far as the asm is concerned of the northern region, he has also refused to procure the bike in green colour and said that its just not possible, his name is yoginder by the way and before talking to him i contacted one mr keshav who is superior than mr yoginder, im guessing he is the gm or something like that, not sure about his designation though and even he said that it is impossible to get the bike in green, now if u have the number of any asm who can help me out and get this bike in green colour, im ready to talk to him and even wait for 45 days or even more, so please mail me or pm me some numbers and il talk to that fellow, il really appreciate ur help because im really stuck on the green colour and i really dont want to buy the black bike , so please help

Most Viewed