Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2009, 08:08   #166
Senior - BHPian

Makanaka,

Here you go.

Area Sales Manager, Bangalore: Mr A. Deepak Rajkumar +919886852052

While talking, you may choose to remind him of the conversation he and I had yesterday afternoonj about the Alberto Green colour LB500 and please use my reference if you want to.

Happy Thumping,

Jay
Old 2nd April 2009, 10:46   #167
BHPian

Alberto Green

Makanaka,
Keep us updated with the response from RE regarding availabilty of alberto green.

Regards
JJ
Old 2nd April 2009, 22:09   #168
BHPian

hello friends
jay prashanth, i sent a mail to royal enfield and in reply the people at re were more than helpful, they replied the very next day saying that they might take care of some requests as special cases but things are going to take some time to clear up and finalize, they have replied in a positive manner but nothing is concrete right now, so lets see how things turn up, im awaiting further response from them which will come after some time(keeping my fingures crossed), till then i can just wait , but still i must say that the cooperation which they offered was more than what i ever expected, they replied to my mail the very next day and i had a chat with mr yoginder who was very helpful and said that he will try his best to see whatever can be done and assured to contact me as soon as possible, i must say im surprised and my faith is reassured in re staff, re u rock. il keep u updated friends as soon as anything turns up. jay i must say if i get my green it will be beacuse of ur help, i owe u one friend, thanks a lot, still keeping my fingures crossed
Old 2nd April 2009, 22:32   #169
Senior - BHPian

Makanaka,

We bulleteers are the same family man. No thanking the family members. It is a bullet thing.

The RE chaps are helpful, especially the customer care chaps. How I wish someone like Skoda can learn from such a small company with less than rosy profits. One more plaudit to the venerable Bullet.

As I said before, if you are real serious about the color, RE will accomodate your request. Don't stop asking them. Heck, you are a premium customer man. A small gesture on their part and they have a customer for life. Why the hell can't these Indian manufacturers be a little more proactive. If RE is reading this, C'mon RE, you should be able to get on with it and give Makanaka what he needs. You are an aspirational brand after all.
Old 3rd April 2009, 09:26   #170
Senior - BHPian

I bought four litres of Veedol SuperSwift Semisynth 10W40 last Thursday from Aroor Udyog, Siddaiah road. I managed to buy the oil at Rs250/liter. I changed the oil+oil filter on my 4350 Km run, LB500 on Saturday and since then, there has been a noticeable increase in smoothness. The engine wasn't flushed with any additive but I drained the oil immediately after going out for a 20 Km high speed spin. This was an unscheduled oil change with the older oil fit to go for another 1000 Ks. The vibes which used to set in at 90 Kph on the speedo have now shifted to 100+. This means that I now have a higher cruising speed with lesser fatigue. +1 for the Veedol blend. The downside is that the rockers make a bigger racket than before. I was prepared for this as a couple of bulleteers had predicted this happening. Coming to the engine temperature, it hasn't decreased and remains the same as before. However, the oil temperature on a fully warm engine is much lesser than that of the earlier mineral oils.I can comfortable touch it without feeling much heat. Previously, the oil used to be pretty hot. So, I guess the oil is working to keep the engine internals cool. I was apprehensive about the Bullets losing some oil through the gaskets like the pulsars do on synthetic blends. Thankfully, it hasn't happened and the oil stays where it has to. I used the same oil for the primary case too and the clutch feel has become better too. No slipping whatsoever and the gearshifts are precise now. The clutch feels a tad more progressive in the stop-go Bangalore traffic conditions. That said, this could also have to do with the gearbox freeing up.Overall, I am pretty pleased with how the oil is behaving. Recommended for the Bulls. I didn't go for a fully synthetic oil like the Agip/Sprinta as I need three litres for every oil change and I change oil at 2000 Kms instead of the factory recommended 3000 clicks. This makes synthetics pretty expensive. So, the Veedol SuperSwift is working out to be a good performance-VFM proposition for me.
Old 3rd April 2009, 09:37   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindamray View Post
noob question: what is LB 500? and AVL 500? references are made in this thread.

I can see only 5 models in Enfield website.
Both are same. AVL engined lean burn 500 (comes in a 350cc version too). The other RE term to watch out for is UCE, which is the newest engine from RE. It is an AVL Lean Burn Unitary Construction Engine, or simply referred to as UCE. Indian market right now has only 350cc UCE. If going with the RE's previous record, 500cc UCE might come out in 2010 or 2011.
Old 3rd April 2009, 09:54   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Both are same. AVL engined lean burn 500 (comes in a 350cc version too). The other RE term to watch out for is UCE, which is the newest engine from RE. It is an AVL Lean Burn Unitary Construction Engine, or simply referred to as UCE. Indian market right now has only 350cc UCE. If going with the RE's previous record, 500cc UCE might come out in 2010 or 2011.
Sankar Cheta,

A month ago, the sales manager at the RE Brand store, Bangalore told me that they are going to launch the UCE500 in April, 2010. He said that he rode the UCE500 at the factory and he said that it is smoother and more powerful than any of the existing bullets. When I quizzed him about the pricing, he said that they are looking to price it at the 1.5 Lakh mark. I don't know if this is price is for the classic or the G5/C5(names of the U.S. UCE500 models).
Old 3rd April 2009, 10:07   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
Sankar Cheta,

A month ago, the sales manager at the RE Brand store, Bangalore told me that they are going to launch the UCE500 in April, 2010. He said that he rode the UCE500 at the factory and he said that it is smoother and more powerful than any of the existing bullets. When I quizzed him about the pricing, he said that they are looking to price it at the 1.5 Lakh mark. I don't know if this is price is for the classic or the G5/C5(names of the U.S. UCE500 models).
Ok so it's gonna come out in 2010, nice Did he mention whether it will have FI or carb? 1.5lacs is a it too much i say.
Old 4th April 2009, 23:45   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
I bought four litres of Veedol SuperSwift Semisynth 10W40 last Thursday from Aroor Udyog, Siddaiah road.
are you sure that the recommended grade is 10w40? i thought it was 20w-50 SL Grade. double check because sometimes external signs of cooler running, smoother running do not always translate into less internal wear and tear at wide range of operating temperatures.

in my opinion its better to stick to what the manufacturer recommends. besides this MAY affect your warranty if any issues crop up during this period. check it out.
Old 5th April 2009, 12:15   #175
Senior - BHPian

Hollywoodhogan,

Royal Enfield specifies 20W40 for AVL500. For the CI bulls they recommend 20W50 and for the TBTS, 15W50. So, in my case I guess 10W40 will only be good for the engine as the oil will protect better during cold starts. Yeah, about the warranty I guess you are right. If some issue crops up, I may have trouble.
Old 5th April 2009, 22:30   #176
BHPian

hello friends,
hey jay prashanth, i am not able to make out from these pictures that of what colour the rear mudguard comprises off? is it black or is it green or is it a green which is a shade darker than the green which is on the side panels and headlight cover, kindly clarify, if possible post atleast one more pic which is a closeup of the rear mudguard. thanks
Old 6th April 2009, 08:18   #177
Senior - BHPian

Makanaka,

It is the same green shade as the headlamp casquette and the side boxes.
Old 11th April 2009, 21:51   #178
BHPian

So, have finally settled on the new TBTS for myself after weeks of speculation about the 500LB. Reasons are manyfold:

1. Found the bike very comfortable during a TD.
2. Will be able to purchase thru Army CSD and save a gob of cash.
3. Have heard that it is the easiest RE to live with.

Onto my questions:

My plan is to travel to Chennai on the 1st of May and ride back on 3rd.
My father will do the necessary paperwork but he can only do that latest by the 25th after which he is unavailable and this cannot be done without him.
Firstly, does the dealer need more than 1-2 days to get the bike registered?
If no, is it wise to leave the bike with the dealer from lets say the 27th or 28th till the 1st? I'm wary of my bike being used as a TD vehicle or the like in the intervening period. Can anyone help out?
I have in-laws in Chennai who can store the bike for this period but I'm not sure if my FIL can arrange for someone to pick up the bike from the showroom.
Also, plan to leave very early on Sunday to beat the heat and will have one or two wingmen who will ride back. Any suggestions and tips for the ride back will be appreciated.

Cheers!
-B
Old 12th April 2009, 12:34   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluu View Post
So, have finally settled on the new TBTS for myself after weeks of speculation about the 500LB. Reasons are manyfold:

1. Found the bike very comfortable during a TD.
2. Will be able to purchase thru Army CSD and save a gob of cash.
3. Have heard that it is the easiest RE to live with.
Cheers!
-B
am not sure if the tbts is available through the csd. check that out first. and also there is a small saving, not a "gob" as you might expect. however, a small saving is still a saving.
Old 12th April 2009, 13:34   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodhogan View Post
am not sure if the tbts is available through the csd. check that out first. and also there is a small saving, not a "gob" as you might expect. however, a small saving is still a saving.
I second this TBTS is not available through CSD, per dealer brochure in Gurgaon. (Don't know about Chennai though!)

Most Viewed