Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2009, 15:10   #196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
Ah Finally. Wow. What the hell man. You said you're buying the TBTS and now this. Anyway, enjoy your new LB500 and post pics soon.
Hey Jay - almost feel like i owe you an apology for running around in circles.
I just decided to go with my heart on this one!

I'm looking forward to maybe going for a ride with you. Will PM you details once my gang regroups after the long weekend.

Cheers!
Old 30th April 2009, 13:35   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluu View Post
After thinking long and hard about it, I finally took delivery of my 500LB yesterday!

I love the bike. AVL clatter and all!

Will post more details later!
congrats!! black or green colour?
Old 30th April 2009, 16:55   #198
BHPian

Hey Congrats and plz post some pics soon. Ride Safe.
Old 30th April 2009, 18:41   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodhogan View Post
congrats!! black or green colour?
Thanks!

It's black. Green is only on speacial request and has a delivery period of over 30 days. Or so I've heard.

@madhokritesh and deepclutch - Thanks! I'm a simple and steady rider so this bike is perfect for me!
Old 30th April 2009, 19:21   #200
Senior - BHPian

Bluu,

No issues man, I'm glad you finally got an LB. You now have one of the last pre-unit construction engines on earth. Talk about classics. Enjoy your LB500. Run her in real nice.
Old 20th May 2009, 12:48   #201

Disappointed with Royal Enfield

I recently took delivery of my Machismo 500 from Royal Enfield in Coimbatore.

They delivered it to my home with significant damage:
  • Dented petrol tank
  • Damaged exhaust manifold with chrome scraped off
  • Dented front mudguard
  • Leather Enfield panniers with a broken rivet
How do they let such poor quality out of the factory, and why did Royal Enfield in Coimbatore deliver a damaged bike?

Also, I had ordered a crash bar, which they did not supply or fit.

However, they have agreed to fix all these problems at the first service (500km). Let's see if they are good to their word!

Meanwhile, I hope it stops raining so that I can go riding...
Old 20th May 2009, 17:27   #202
BHPian

John, why did you take delivery of a defective vehicle? You should have clearly told RE reps that you will not put up with shoddy sales support after shelling out all that money. You should even now ask them to take the bike away and provide you with a new vehicle.
Old 20th May 2009, 18:05   #203
BHPian

Hey Guys,

well this is the first time I am posting a reply...But before i can say anything at all I just wanna say you guys are a legend..Though i haven't been involved in any thread before but i am pretty sure i have read all of them..

On to the topic...Even I am almost set to get a LB 500 (alberto green), I don't know how it feels because that is probably the only Royal Enfield Motorcycle that i haven't rested my behind on, basically i love bull and always wanted to own one, but i know how it feels to be on a bull, on reading all these posts about Alberto Green color to be discontinued nearly gave me a heart attack , because that is the one i have my eyes on..So i made a call to the Bandra Brand store to inquire about it.The guy says you can order it but it will take more than 45 days for the delivery.which means they are making that color MADE TO ORDER ( the way i see it ).which is awesome.i plan to pick a bull around September first week after the monsoons.

Please correct me if am wrong..
Old 20th May 2009, 18:09   #204
Senior - BHPian

@john: you could have just denied accepting that motorcycle. :(
Old 20th May 2009, 18:17   #205
BHPian

Dont worry John, all are body parts for which you could get a replacement. RE does that if you insist & followup till you succeed. Make them feel than you are not going to settle for anything less.

Most bullets are delivered with such marks of careless handling. One just needs to be watchful. Scan your ride for all such, go to dealer, make the showroom guy write all in the job card for service & ask for replacement, no repairs. You may note card no, date & then shoot a mail to resp dealer copying RE as well just in case the dealer shows reluctance for replacement.

Goodluck, enjoy your ride.
Old 20th May 2009, 18:51   #206

Royal Enfield has promised to rectify the problems at the first service.

When I purchased the bike I was guaranteed delivery in 14 to 16 days.

Within 16 days they told me that the bike was ready, but that it was the wrong colour - grey instead of the black model that i had purchased!

So I had to wait over a month for delivery and wanted to get some riding in before the rains. On the promise that I will get new tank, etc. I agreed to accept it. Let's see what happens, but I do have some trust in the Royal Enfield company.

Here are some photographs that I took within minutes of delivery:
Attached Thumbnails
New Bullet Fan Needs Help!-p1020661.jpg  

New Bullet Fan Needs Help!-p1020664.jpg  

New Bullet Fan Needs Help!-p1020669.jpg  

Old 20th May 2009, 20:28   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.sw View Post
Here are some photographs that I took within minutes of delivery:
How many kilometers had the bike run when they delivered it to you? Looks like its been used either as a TD bike or for running errands.
Old 20th May 2009, 20:39   #208
Senior - BHPian

Very very sad. Feel really sad man. You paid more than a lakh and see the way they treated you. Makes me feel ashamed of being a ROYAL ENFIELD owner for the first time.

May a million curses befall them. This is really not acceptable. Imagine the scrape on the exhaust and the dent on the tank, very bad ENFIELD

My heart goes out to you. You really are a big hearted man. Hope and pray the bike compensates you for all that ENFIELD has done
Old 21st May 2009, 00:13   #209
Senior - BHPian

the damage on that chrome tank sure needs a replacement.If the bike is not registered ,there is some hope.
--
I Strongly Suggest Team-Bhp Show the Pre-Delivery-Inspection Checklist Thread(s) in the first page in a way that Every New Comer to This Forum *Must* Read it somehow. :(

Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - On Buying - Pre-delivery Inspection & Check List

Last edited by deepclutch : 21st May 2009 at 00:14.
Old 21st May 2009, 09:43   #210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluu View Post
How many kilometers had the bike run when they delivered it to you? Looks like its been used either as a TD bike or for running errands.
The bike had 167km on the clock when it was delivered.

For delivery, the bike was ridden from the Royal Enfield showroom in Coimbatore to my home in Masinagudi, near Ooty, which is a distance of approximately 145km, so I don't think that the bike was used for running errands.

With accessories (the crash bar was not supplied, but Royal Enfield have promised to fit it at the 500km service) the On Road Price of the bike was Rs.114163 plus Rs.9900 for the Royal Enfield leather panniers and another Rs.1040 for the crash bar.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks