Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2009, 21:36   #76
BHPian

Trust me on this get urself a STD 350 use the saved money on fuel and mods like discbrake kit etc and you wont regret seriously the Std is the Best of the LOT.
Old 6th January 2009, 21:42   #77
BHPian

Follow your heart , plus as you say the 500LB is what you really want rather than the TBTS then you shouldnt even look at the TBTS and the 30k more, well i would presume you will take a loan for maybe 3 years or so , turns out to be "10k more per year" (if you have the tbts in mind) , atleast thats how ive convinced myself I look at it this way , it will be in most likely the last bike i buy or atleast for quite some years more so Id rather get what I really want , rather than "settle" for something. I have "settled" for lot of things in life , I dont want this to add into another list of regrets.
Old 6th January 2009, 22:17   #78
Senior - BHPian

Bluu let me make things easy for you, the TB engine is new and is yet to prove itself....my mech was telling thier are many issues with it and it makes sense to wait for it to settle down...

if you are picking the bike in chenna then you need to consoider the road tax factor ..karnataka.

Any day performance wise LB is superior....and the torue is what rocks in that machine. i guess makes sense to spend that extrta bucks on it...

think about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluu View Post
Further dilemma:

Found out that the 500LB is unavailable in CSD while TB is, at a cost of 80K.

That would put it on road at maybe around 85-87K (Chennai). It is 1L plus while 500LB is 115K on road in Bangalore.

I don't want the TB as badly as I want the 500LB but it makes so much sense financially since the difference works out to almost 30K!

Should I go with what my heart desires or what my mind says is right?

Argh!
Old 6th January 2009, 22:20   #79
Senior - BHPian

forgot to mention, i use ORR to commute to my office everyday, today i was trying tyo catch up with a LB500 and it was not easy

belive me my CI500 isnt slow at all... like the LB even more now

i
Old 7th January 2009, 08:25   #80
Senior - BHPian

@Bluu,

As Vikrut said, don't settle for a motorcycle just because of the price differential. Remember, you will have to live with it for quite some time to come. Have you ridden both the LB500 and the TBTS? If not, first go and take a longish test ride. Only then, u'l be in a position to make a decision. We can all give you our opinions but at the end of the, it's you who is going to put money where the mouth is. But then, follow your heart over your mind while buying a Enfield. Isn't that what Enfields are all about?
Old 7th January 2009, 10:55   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
if you are picking the bike in chenna then you need to consoider the road tax factor ..karnataka.

Any day performance wise LB is superior....and the torue is what rocks in that machine. i guess makes sense to spend that extrta bucks on it...
I think my mind is made up for the 500LB for sure now. Just to clarify, I was planning on using the "my-dad-is-in-the-army-and-this-is-his-bike" routine if I had picked up hte TBTS from Chennai CSD. Works everytime.

The torque is only reason I want the LB. I'm not a top speed person.

@Jay - Am planning the whole TD thing again now. Not looking forward to another day of dissapointment though.
Old 8th January 2009, 15:36   #82
BANNED

The title of this thread is quite ironic. Wait till you buy one

PS: No bashing please, in these sombre times hope its looked at only as humour.

Last edited by Spitfire : 8th January 2009 at 15:38.
Old 8th January 2009, 19:57   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
The title of this thread is quite ironic. Wait till you buy one

PS: No bashing please, in these sombre times hope its looked at only as humour.

LOL! I never thought of that!

To tell you the truth, I tried to think up of various thread titles before settling on that one. Maybe I should have thought harder!
Old 13th January 2009, 08:59   #84
Senior - BHPian

Does the Machismo LB500 come with the new TCI unit?

Guys, I have a query about the LB500.

For the U.S and U.K models of the LB500, Royal Enfield has come out with a new TCI unit that eliminates most of the problems associated with the electric starter. Will the Machismo 500LB sold in India also come with the new, modified TCI unit? Bullet gurus please answer.
Old 13th January 2009, 20:07   #85
Senior - BHPian

Today, I shot off an email to the factory asking them whether the new TCI unit has been fitted on the LB500 domestic model as well. In about six hours, I got a call from the factory by one Mr Sudheer Raj who confirmed that all domestic models, 350 and 500 AVLs, are factory fitted with the new TCI unit. Also, he told me about the delay circuit, that was previously an add-on, being integrated into the new TCI. I am extremely pleased at the excellent and personalized customer service rendered by the folks at the RE factory. In this day and age of very business-like emails, a warm voice at the other end felt very good. Way to go RE.
Old 13th January 2009, 21:00   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
I am extremely pleased at the excellent and personalized customer service rendered by the folks at the RE factory. In this day and age of very business-like emails, a warm voice at the other end felt very good. Way to go RE.
Yeah, something seems to have changed in the RE philosophy. My friend went to the RE stable in the Bangalore AutoExpo and he was offered a TD at ITPL whenever he wanted. It has been fixed for this Thursday and RE says they will deliver the bike to him on Monday! I was under the impression that the bike would take 25 days minimum for delivery but the showroom people were confident. Will update how the TD went and if the bike actually got delivered in record time.
Old 13th January 2009, 21:18   #87
Senior - BHPian

Which bike are you talking about? If it is the TBTS, they will deliver it on the day they have promised as they have plenty of stock(black colour) . I don't think they can deliver the LB500 without a 20-25 day waiting period, especially the Alberto green one as it apparently has to be ordered. Throw come light on this mate. Which RE is your friend buying?
Old 15th January 2009, 15:29   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
Which bike are you talking about? If it is the TBTS, they will deliver it on the day they have promised as they have plenty of stock(black colour) . I don't think they can deliver the LB500 without a 20-25 day waiting period, especially the Alberto green one as it apparently has to be ordered. Throw come light on this mate. Which RE is your friend buying?

I was talking about the 500LB. I got my TD today and the bike is unbelievable. I loved it from the first rev. Thankfully, so did the wife. Delivery time is 2 days for processing of registration and stuff. I got in touch with Mr Mithun of HSR Motors, Mission Road. When I told him the tale of how badly the TD attempt with the brand store went, he berated me for not calling him earlier. He claims that being a dealer, he has a greater regard for customers since his salary depends on sales unlike the blokes at the brand store.

He was very forthcoming with his views and made no bones about the bike. Told me all the pros and cons. He was punctual as well. It was a very pleasant experience dealing with him.

Agree with Jay about the Alberto Green though. It's not the hottest seller so takes some time.

Now I just need to figure out the finances and we are good to go! Will update soon.
Old 15th January 2009, 17:07   #89
Senior - BHPian

Congrats man. Bullets are infectious. One test ride is all it takes. One more 500LB owner. Yeah, the brand store guy gave me all kinds of explanation saying that the Alberto Green is export colour and crap. So I have to wait for it I guess. Anyway, good to know that you don't have to wait for long. Happy Thumping.
Old 17th January 2009, 19:35   #90
BHPian

Just curious ,
1] Does RE give you a basic tool kit with the bike for free ?
2] Is there a proper tool kit available just for Royal Enfield bikes ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks