Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2009, 21:52   #316
BHPian

Cruiser, I think Taj was speaking about the UCE 500cc equipped bike and not the Machismo 500.
Old 5th October 2009, 07:36   #317
taj
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_m5_titus View Post
Taj, they are saying that to all. I was there recently to pick up an LB for a friend. heard it myself. Btw did the saleguys try to promote the TBts over the LB?
And yes, a big congrats! The TBTS is a good ride, with its own merits, though it doesnt have the wild abundant torque of the LB500
Yes LB 500 is definitely on the higher side when it comes to torque, my purpose involved daily to office of about 50km and may be a weekend trip, during the traffic hours in Kochi, my RX 135 feels heavy on clutch.
Can you state some more reasons why you preferred LB500 over TBTS for your friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser_1982 View Post
@Taj, are you talking about thunderbird 500 CC or Machismo 500 cc?
I was talking about Classic 500 EFI, they didn,t mentioned anything about Mach UCE
Old 5th October 2009, 08:45   #318
taj
BHPian

Quote:
Taj, they are saying that to all. I was there recently to pick up an LB for a friend. heard it myself. Btw did the saleguys try to promote the TBts over the LB?
And yes, a big congrats! The TBTS is a good ride, with its own merits, though it doesnt have the wild abundant torque of the LB500
Yes LB 500 is definitely on the higher side when it comes to torque, my purpose involved daily to office of about 50km and may be a weekend trip, during the traffic hours in Kochi, my RX 135 feels heavy on clutch.
Can you state some more reasons why you preferred LB500 over TBTS for your friend
Yes Sales guys were pushing TBTS, But why do they promote one model

Quote:
@Taj, are you talking about thunderbird 500 CC or Machismo 500 cc?
I was mentioning about Classic 500 EFI
Old 5th October 2009, 09:06   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
^ Machismo 500 UCE is being launched.

The dealer in delhi where i bought my bike from has said that both the Machismo 350 and 500 will be stopped and UCE's will be launched in their place.
Quote:
Cruiser, I think Taj was speaking about the UCE 500cc equipped bike and not the Machismo 500.
@Navpreet, any idea when the Machismo 500 cc UCE will be launched?

@titus, I am planning to buy a thunderbird soon and hence wanted to know if thunderbird 500 UCE is being released.

Last edited by cruiser_1982 : 5th October 2009 at 09:09.
Old 5th October 2009, 10:17   #320
BHPian

Cruiser, I dont know whether the UCE 500 engine is gonna come in thunderbird clothes, Machismo clothes, Electra clothes or for that matter the export Classic guise!
But the showroom guys are confident the uce500 would be launched within two months.

Taj, Though I liked the TBTS for its perf and easier handling, comfy seat I am smitten by the maniacal torque of the LB500. Another point for the LB is that I prefer the styling of LB, Electra over the Thunderbird. And my friend was shifting from a STD350, so this was more of an acceptable change, though he'd gone to the showroom intending to buy the TBTS.
Old 5th October 2009, 10:55   #321
BHPian

I could be wrong but the RE Engineer told me that that TBTS is UCE Engine. So what i take from yours posts above sounds like TBTS is not UCE, but it is UCE
Old 5th October 2009, 11:37   #322
taj
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan2129 View Post
I could be wrong but the RE Engineer told me that that TBTS is UCE Engine. So what i take from yours posts above sounds like TBTS is not UCE, but it is UCE
I think Titus mentioned about TBTS UCE 500 which will not be there in near future, TBTS UCE is there in market launched a year back

I just booked One moments ago, sales guy promised delivery in 15 days
Old 5th October 2009, 13:23   #323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Navpreet, any idea when the Machismo 500 cc UCE will be launched?

@titus, I am planning to buy a thunderbird soon and hence wanted to know if thunderbird 500 UCE is being released.

The dealer mentioned somewhere near diwali.so either the bike will be launched then or maybe the bookings will start then.
Old 6th October 2009, 10:54   #324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan2129 View Post
thanks a loy jay for the help ! Should i go with veedol or any other brands ?
How much shoould i pour ? 2.25 ltr. or less ?
If you can find Motul Mineral 20W50, that would be ideal. First pour 1.8 litres. Check the dipstick level. Usually, it will indicate full. Though the tank capacity is 2.25 litres, some oil(around 300ml) is always present in the timing chest if it isn't drained. Because of this, adding more than 1.8 litres leads to overfilling.

Meanwhile, be sure to remove three bolts on the engine sump when you empty the oil. Usually mechs remove only one bolt(main drain bolt) and leave the other bolts as it is, thus not cleaning the secondary oil filters. These filters are in addition to the main oil filter-which needs to be replaced during every oil change. If you want to be more thorough, you could empty oil from the timing chest as well, but make sure you handle the timing cover gasket delicately. Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 6th October 2009, 11:04   #325
BHPian

thanks Jay !

Yesterday itself, i searched the whole market & could not find Either Veedol or Motul. Got Castrol GTX 20W50 , got 3l ( mineral ) for 650/- bucks, went to the RE brand store & the mech there emptied the whole OIL, he even changed the OIL filter, just to make sure, I even got the Gear OIL changed, Emtied the timing chest as well.

He used about 2l first and then told me to go for a ride of about a km. After i got back he topped up the OIL, After everything i checked the dipstick shows a bit below the max mark.

The BULL suddenly shows improved power, response & ability to crusie at 40 again, with the lost thump back to normal & the engine is running amazingly COOL.

Thanks for your precious help. i am really thankfull.
Old 6th October 2009, 12:11   #326
Senior - BHPian

Shan you can get the motul oil from Himalayan Motors on sahastradhara road.I'm sourcing mine from them.they even have synthetic oil with them.as well as motul gear oil.
Old 6th October 2009, 17:59   #327
BHPian

oh, never knew about that ! thanks navpreet, thats some precious piece of information .
Old 6th October 2009, 20:52   #328
Senior - BHPian

Just bought some for myself.Going tomorrow for the service which i'll get done in front of me.
Old 6th October 2009, 23:11   #329
BHPian

yup, the best way, i too did the same , both the times & just for getting rid of me, these mechs tried to delay the service even when i was the first one with the bike @ 8:30 in the morning.
So do take care as these guys are very weird in terms of just getting it done for sake of it.
Old 1st November 2009, 15:04   #330
BHPian

Spares

Now with the Machismo becoming obsolete.

Do you guys think it will be a problem getting the spares ?
In your prior experience RE do you think this will be an issue .

I could buy a Classic but for some reason the Classic does not turn me on.
That Chrome Tank of the Machismo has got me .
I was on the verge of closing a deal for a June 2008 Machismo when I read a post which put me in a little doubt.

What do you guys think ?

Most Viewed