Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2008, 09:31   #16
FZ6

Another issue:
The bike is poorly assembled due to which it vibrates a lot at idle. The clutch is really poorly adjusted which means there are no pre-delivery inspections :(. My local mechanic said this is a common issue and he will tighten up everything for me. Though I can do it myself I will let him do it in the 1st free service. It also heated up a lot when I first rode it maybe due to all the iron filings in the oil and started shutting off at idle due to the clutch. It came with 79.5 kms on the clock. Now the heating has stopped though. I will get the oil changed in the 1st 120-150 kms or so. I use Motoman's method of breakin.
Old 15th December 2008, 12:17   #17
Senior - BHPian

^^^Sigh... is TVS still THAT bad?? It brings to memory the time when I took delivery of my Shogun, years ago. I was aghast at the way it must have been assembled... (esp. since I had a Hero Honda before that)! Pre-delivery inspection seemed to be a dirty joke! In fact I was so pissed, I had a TERRIFIC fight with the dealer the next day, tho I was just a li'l kid that time...
Old 15th December 2008, 21:59   #18
FZ6

I had a TVS Victor from 2001-2007 fresh release and it developed a rusty tank after 2 years which TVS Bangalore replaced for free. But that maybe due to my negligence. Everything else was great!

Last edited by FZ6 : 15th December 2008 at 22:13.
Old 28th August 2012, 18:01   #19

Re: Odometer Reset on Apache FI

Quote:
Originally Posted by FZ6 View Post
Ok, looks like this is a one time facility provided for dealers before delivery. Doesn't work again as reported by my uncle. Will verify after a few days.
TVS has the system to reset the ODO @ Zero on delivery, this can be done just once.

Most Viewed