Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2008, 09:36   #16
Senior - BHPian

@beouf..Awesome collection of Yezdi Roadking and Oilking that your brother has.
Im a diehard fan of these bikes and recently i possessed a Roadking.
Btw are the alloys of the Oilking stock? They look very groovy.
Old 24th December 2008, 10:00   #17
BHPian

Immaculately maintained bikes, just like all the other classics in your family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddiwale View Post
The cylinder heads of the Yezdi Oilkings are different in the images posted by Boeuff and TuffRyder. Can anybody explain the fact.
The cylinder head on TuffRyder's mechanic's bike is a high compression head that was available on some models of Yezdi. They are called "Flower" head locally and a much sought after performance modification in Yezdi circles. These "Flower" heads fits all the late model Yezdis, they cannot be fitted to Jawas and early Yezdis.
Old 24th December 2008, 10:56   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@~+#0$# View Post
Immaculately maintained bikes, just like all the other classics in your family.

The cylinder head on TuffRyder's mechanic's bike is a high compression head that was available on some models of Yezdi. They are called "Flower" head locally and a much sought after performance modification in Yezdi circles. These "Flower" heads fits all the late model Yezdis, they cannot be fitted to Jawas and early Yezdis.
not really .. there were two designs for the flower or porcupine head, one for the d250 and one for the roadie, my 83 d type runs such a high comp head, the exhaust beat changes too as a result of the higher comp. They stopped making them because the drill bits that were used kept breaking as they were quite thin. A larger dia drill bit would not have fitted between the angled fins. There were quite a few roadie 'flower' heads lyinf around in the factory, i got my hands on one of the few d-type heads. this would also fit the earlier b-type .
Old 24th December 2008, 11:00   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffRyder View Post
Quite a few things that I have learnt. Did not know that the Swiss brand was original for the Yezdi's. Thank you. Pradeep if I am not mistaken, you do have a couple of more Yezdis and Jawas right? The RK above is the points version? The tank seems to be of the bigger type.

Another question to you'l guys, did the Oilking come with an RPM meter or a provision for it? I have seen an oilking in bangalore with an RPM meter, though was not sure if it was functional.
Dear TuffRyder

yes this bike points version.The bikes point set plate is from also from jawa 350 (the provision for 2 points) but only one point set. The tank is like the Roadking's manufactured in late 80's little wider on top.

As far as i have known oilking never came with factory fitted RPM meter one can alter the clutch case and fit it with an RPM worm. Ther was no provision for it either.

cheers
Pradeep
Old 24th December 2008, 12:12   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by howler View Post
not really .. there were two designs for the flower or porcupine head, one for the d250 and one for the roadie, my 83 d type runs such a high comp head, the exhaust beat changes too as a result of the higher comp. They stopped making them because the drill bits that were used kept breaking as they were quite thin. A larger dia drill bit would not have fitted between the angled fins. There were quite a few roadie 'flower' heads lyinf around in the factory, i got my hands on one of the few d-type heads. this would also fit the earlier b-type .
Howler, thanks for the info about two versions of the flower head.

OffTopic: I too have heard about the several "flower" heads available in the factory after it was closed. I also heard about a Jawa 350 and several Jawa imports that were auctioned in the factory, but no takers:(

Quote:
Originally Posted by boeuff View Post
As far as i have known oilking never came with factory fitted RPM meter one can alter the clutch case and fit it with an RPM worm. Ther was no provision for it either.
Alternatively, one can also use an electronic RPM meter from bikes like Suzuki Shogun as they do not need any alteration.
Old 24th December 2008, 12:46   #21
BANNED

So you are the one who got the dies from Yezdi.

It looks as if they just got off the assembly line. Commendable restoration.
Old 24th December 2008, 13:20   #22
BHPian

Tuffyrider just curious i have spotted this countless times at a garage( i think its named mehboob) in thimmaih road near tea corner, does the bike belong to you or the garage owner. this oil king always tries to grab my attenetion whenever i pass by the same road beautifuuuuul machine.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp untitled 89.bmp (506.3 KB, 9571 views)
Old 24th December 2008, 14:46   #23
BHPian

@beouf.Excellent restoration of the bikes and the Roadking brings back those nostalgic times of the 80's.
Old 25th December 2008, 23:44   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by boeuff View Post
Dear TuffRyder

yes this bike points version.The bikes point set plate is from also from jawa 350 (the provision for 2 points) but only one point set. The tank is like the Roadking's manufactured in late 80's little wider on top.

cheers
Pradeep
Thanks for the info. Probably the bike I seen was altered. Do you have any leads for RPM worms? I just have one extra one for two Y350s. I would like to stock some up. I managed to get a few of the speedo inner worms though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@~+#0$# View Post
Howler, thanks for the info about two versions of the flower head.

OffTopic: I too have heard about the several "flower" heads available in the factory after it was closed. I also heard about a Jawa 350 and several Jawa imports that were auctioned in the factory, but no takers:(

Alternatively, one can also use an electronic RPM meter from bikes like Suzuki Shogun as they do not need any alteration.
Which Jawa 350 are you talking about? There were quite a few of them in the factory. Among them were quite a few of the Yezdi 350 or the Jawa 350 Type 634.6, Jawa Californian, Jawa Bizon, and an engine of the Jawa 350 type 354 without the clutch case cover. All of them were picked up sans a few Type 634.6 engines. The ones that were scrapped were the yezdi engine cases, exhausts, tanks, carbs, handlebars among a few things. All the complete bikes were picked up and the rare ones like the the CZ caferacer was retained by the Irani family. There were and are always takers for these beauties.

About the RPM, there are a million electronic aftermarket meters but honesly nothing like the original mechanical ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praJEEP View Post
Tuffyrider just curious i have spotted this countless times at a garage( i think its named mehboob) in thimmaih road near tea corner, does the bike belong to you or the garage owner. this oil king always tries to grab my attenetion whenever i pass by the same road beautifuuuuul machine.
I wish it belonged to me but no it belongs to the same mech u are talking about it. I forgot but his name is either arif or asif. U will also see a golden color yezdi 350 there, with some forks and twin disc brakes. He tried to make it look like a Jawa 634.6

Cheers
Old 26th December 2008, 01:13   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Which Jawa 350 are you talking about? There were quite a few of them in the factory. Among them were quite a few of the Yezdi 350 or the Jawa 350 Type 634.6, Jawa Californian, Jawa Bizon, and an engine of the Jawa 350 type 354 without the clutch case cover. All of them were picked up sans a few Type 634.6 engines. The ones that were scrapped were the yezdi engine cases, exhausts, tanks, carbs, handlebars among a few things. All the complete bikes were picked up and the rare ones like the the CZ caferacer was retained by the Irani family. There were and are always takers for these beauties.
Thanks again, thats a whole lot of info. Frankly, I don't know the model, I will have to check with my friend about this. Yes, even I thought so...who would not like to pick up those rare timeless machines?

Quote:
About the RPM, there are a million electronic aftermarket meters but honesly nothing like the original mechanical ones.

Cheers
I agree, I have the mechanical one on my RD350. My suggestion was only to avoid clutch case modification
Old 31st December 2008, 19:58   #26
BHPian

I have "slipped" and fallen for that OilKing! Slick! Wow! Brilliant alloys. I never saw these bikes with such great looks. Cool!

BH.

Last edited by BurningHeart : 31st December 2008 at 20:00.
Old 31st January 2009, 00:40   #27
BHPian

hello all

brought this bike back to bangalore .. the ride was very different feeling on the bike due to 18 inch wheels . road grip and handling is just great even the bikes average was 38 kms per liter. now have been riding for almost 2 weeks every bay back n forth to bangalore airport 44 kms daily and just dont feel like taking my car any longer !!

cheers

Pradeep
Old 31st January 2009, 00:58   #28
Senior - BHPian

Superb! Those bikes look amazing! Congrats on having these beauties in the family!
Old 31st January 2009, 01:43   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Superb! Those bikes look amazing! Congrats on having these beauties in the family!

Thanks nitin !! cant wait to lay my hands on the suvega now ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_trooper View Post
are the alloys on the Oilking from the Jawa factory in Mysore? I saw a similar pair in scrapyard lane here. They 'seemed' to be in resonable shape. I think they look super cool on the Roadkings.

yes the alloys are from the factory in mysore. are the alloys in the scrap yard still there !! They will look very nice on road king

Last edited by Zappo : 15th November 2016 at 18:03. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 7th September 2010, 18:56   #30
BHPian

Quote:
I wish it belonged to me but no it belongs to the same mech u are talking about it. I forgot but his name is either arif or asif. U will also see a golden color yezdi 350 there, with some forks and twin disc brakes. He tried to make it look like a Jawa 634.6

Cheers
The mechanic's name was Arif on Thimmaiah road. and the golden Y350 (made to look like a Jawa 634.6 was picked up by my best friend and taken to Pune.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks