Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2008, 21:40   #1
BHPian

My brothers's 1994 Yezdi Roadking and Oilking

These are my brother's bikes (bsa1955 in this forum)
This Roadking came with 18 inch tyres for which they fitted the Monarch Swing Arms and Front Mudguard also.

The Oilking came with an oil pump for lubrication and dispensed with the traditional petroil lubrication.
Enjoy
Attached Thumbnails
My brothers's 1994 Yezdi Roadking and Oilking-save-1.jpg  

My brothers's 1994 Yezdi Roadking and Oilking-save-2.jpg  

My brothers's 1994 Yezdi Roadking and Oilking-cimg0137.jpg  

My brothers's 1994 Yezdi Roadking and Oilking-cimg0138.jpg  

My brothers's 1994 Yezdi Roadking and Oilking-save3.jpg  

My brothers's 1994 Yezdi Roadking and Oilking-save4.jpg  

My brothers's 1994 Yezdi Roadking and Oilking-save-5.jpg  

My brothers's 1994 Yezdi Roadking and Oilking-save-6.jpg  

boeuff is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2008, 21:58   #2
BHPian

Beautiful. Nice and clean bikes. I didnt know about the oilking,. thanks for posting.
Old 23rd December 2008, 21:59   #3
Senior - BHPian

Ideal Jawa didnt make Roadkings this well, even when they rolled out of the factory unused.

Congratulations - immaculate is too mild a word to describe the bike!
Old 23rd December 2008, 22:02   #4
Senior - BHPian

Now we have the Oilking at TBHP. A rare thing to find!

Neat bikes pal. Kudos.
Old 23rd December 2008, 22:54   #5
BHPian

Wow!! wooooooooow!! That RK is too very good. Probably one of the only bikes I've come acoss with those indicators. I dropped my Y350 and broke one of these indicators and struggled to get a replacement. Can you post picture of the oilpump side of the oilking please? Is the pump still functional? I love those mags on it. Here is an oilking that belongs to one of the mechs in Bangalore. Although cosmetically not standard, the engine works perfectly fine
Attached Thumbnails
My brothers's 1994 Yezdi Roadking and Oilking-dscf1675.jpg  

Last edited by TuffRyder : 23rd December 2008 at 22:56.
Old 23rd December 2008, 23:12   #6
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful bikes, marvelously restored and maintained to say the least. Kudos and keep it up.
Old 23rd December 2008, 23:31   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffRyder View Post
Wow!! wooooooooow!! That RK is too very good. Probably one of the only bikes I've come acoss with those indicators. I dropped my Y350 and broke one of these indicators and struggled to get a replacement. Can you post picture of the oilpump side of the oilking please? Is the pump still functional? I love those mags on it. Here is an oilking that belongs to one of the mechs in Bangalore. Although cosmetically not standard, the engine works perfectly fine
The pump is still functional and completely trouble free. Will post pictures of the pump in a couple of days as I am out of town.
Old 23rd December 2008, 23:49   #8
Senior - BHPian

actually oilking was ahead of the time.?oil pump for 2 stroker was not there until then indian models?
Old 24th December 2008, 00:31   #9
BHPian

The cylinder heads of the Yezdi Oilkings are different in the images posted by Boeuff and TuffRyder. Can anybody explain the fact.
Old 24th December 2008, 00:42   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by boeuff View Post
The pump is still functional and completely trouble free. Will post pictures of the pump in a couple of days as I am out of town.
That will be wonderful.

In the last picture, the one showing the indicator, have you put a tape instead of the spacer between the lens and the metal base? Most of the spacers in my indicators also started cracking due to age, so I got metal spacers made. Ive seen guys use some kind of rubber hose also. Again, is that a Samurai's lens? Jain Automobiles in Mysore had stocked up some original lenses and I managed to pick up a few for my bikes. They were not in the best of conditions though, the orange tint was kinda faded.

Here is a picture of the lens on my Y350.
Attached Thumbnails
My brothers's 1994 Yezdi Roadking and Oilking-lens.jpg  

Last edited by TuffRyder : 24th December 2008 at 00:49.
Old 24th December 2008, 00:50   #11
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful would be an understatement for the bikes!! They look, umm.. well, superb!
Thank you for sharing the pics.
Old 24th December 2008, 00:57   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffRyder View Post
That will be wonderful.

In the last picture, the one showing the indicator, have you put a tape instead of the spacer between the lens and the metal base? Most of the spacers in my indicators also started cracking due to age, so I got metal spacers made. Ive seen guys use some kind of rubber hose also. Again, is that a Samurai's lens? Jain Automobiles in Mysore had stocked up some original lenses and I managed to pick up a few for my bikes. They were not in the best of conditions though, the orange tint was kinda faded.

Here is a picture of the lens on my Y350.

the tapes around the indicator are just to avoid water getting into the reflectors. i do have the original spacers in between still with the no ware and tare on them. Alternatively these indicator covers are of SWISS brand which did role out from the factory.
Old 24th December 2008, 01:51   #13
BHPian

Thank you all for the comments more pics of the 350 and oilking will follow shortly
Old 24th December 2008, 02:53   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsa1955 View Post
the tapes around the indicator are just to avoid water getting into the reflectors. i do have the original spacers in between still with the no ware and tare on them. Alternatively these indicator covers are of SWISS brand which did role out from the factory.
Quite a few things that I have learnt. Did not know that the Swiss brand was original for the Yezdi's. Thank you. Pradeep if I am not mistaken, you do have a couple of more Yezdis and Jawas right? The RK above is the points version? The tank seems to be of the bigger type.

Another question to you'l guys, did the Oilking come with an RPM meter or a provision for it? I have seen an oilking in bangalore with an RPM meter, though was not sure if it was functional.

Last edited by TuffRyder : 24th December 2008 at 02:59.
Old 24th December 2008, 09:09   #15
BHPian

are the alloys on the Oilking from the Jawa factory in Mysore? I saw a similar pair in scrapyard lane here. They 'seemed' to be in resonable shape. I think they look super cool on the Roadkings.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks