Team-BHP - My New Ride Kawasaki Eliminator
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   My New Ride Kawasaki Eliminator (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/51427-my-new-ride-kawasaki-eliminator.html)

Wishing You All A Very Happy New Year BHP'ns

This year seems to be very lucky for me as i have got a Kawasaki Eluminator.Its a 2002 model had done 60,000 + kms and in stock condition its realy a well maintained bike got it for 40k . I have been using my dads bike (suzuki zeus) before so i did not have any oppertunity to mode bikes even though my dad barely rides 5 km a week to a near by swimming pool the rest of the time he uses his innova .Before zeus he had Hero Honda Splender 94 model he did not use that bike for all most few year so i moded it with eluminator tyre in rear and enticer tyre in front i even had split handle bars FFE and performance air filter i did mod the engine with the Super Splender barrel but the performance was not up to the mark since my mechanic did't do a clean job on it,But all of a sudden my dad started riding bike again he saw the modes and did not like it after a while he gave it for to one of his office barrers with out my knowledge i was really sad so after waiting for a long 6 years i had purchased this bike so kindly help me in moding and maintanance

The tank front&rear fender and the back rest is avengers the previous owner exchanged since he was to sell his bike
My New Ride Kawasaki Eliminator-sdc11252.jpg

My New Ride Kawasaki Eliminator-sdc11254.jpg

My New Ride Kawasaki Eliminator-sdc11256.jpg

My New Ride Kawasaki Eliminator-sdc11253.jpg
I have the following quries pls help????

1. how to maintain the bike wat periodic check should i do?

2. does free flow exhaust affect the engine? is there any exhaust available for crusers?

3. im planning to fix some good alloy wheels pls help me out?

4. paint job and crome????

5.can zenon lamp be fixed will it consume more power???

At present im at coimbatore can some one help me where can i do all these work ????

Quote:

Originally Posted by samybravo (Post 1113696)

I have been using my dads bike (suzuki zeus) before

I ride one now.

1. how to maintain the bike wat periodic check should i do?

2. does free flow exhaust affect the engine? is there any exhaust available for crusers?

3. im planning to fix some good alloy wheels pls help me out?

4. paint job and crome????

5.can zenon lamp be fixed will it consume more power???

At present im at coimbatore can some one help me where can i do all these work ????

1) Apart for regular servicing and oil change, you need not worry a lot. Regular service pretty much takes care of everything. However, Bajaj A.S. & S. are the worst according to me. Try to maintain the battery yourself. Also about the oil change, you can do it yourself.

2) No, it will not affect the engine negatively unless you fit in some seriously bad designed one just for sound.

3) I dont have much experience here.

4) Any good garage will do. IIRC, some Bajaj dealerships also do it. But quality is not good.

5) Yes, it possible, but you will have to look around for a lot of things. The original eliminator was available with 60/65W bulb, so I think that the lightning is not bad. Fitting Xenon is possible, but you will need to address many issues.

Nice ride though. How much did you pay for this? Drive safe and do not attempt any kind of drag racing on this bike.

Congrats on the Eliminator samy. The bike seems to be in good condition (except for the tank) but 40 is quite high price for a 2002 model.

I've owned an Eliminator for 3 years (2002-2005) and the bike is very good and completely trouble free. Quality of parts is an issue but overall the bike is good (better than the Avenger is what many would agree). My suggestion is to keep the bike stock and enjoy it that way.

- The handlebar does not seem to be the original one. Looks more like a flat handlebar. Go for a RD handlebar, its comfortable and suits the bike.

- Remove the black paint / tape from the rear tail light.

- The front fended is an Eliminator fender (2002). The later models (and current Avenger) came with a plastic mud flap attached to them.

- Retain the original paint and try and get the original Bajaj Kawasaki tank stickers and the Kawasaki back rest logo.

Anyways heres my 2002 Eliminator which I sold in 2005.

Alloys cost 4200 or so at Kovai. Try shops at Cross Cut road.

Xenon can be fixed and we have one at TBHP. Do search.

40k is way too high for a 7 yr old eliminator.

Anyways for gettings the accesories you can try the shops on cross cut road. There is a shop opposite aditya auto spares which used to stock some rare design alloy wheels for bikes.
The same shop has got some amazing helmets too. Dunno whether its still there or not!!!!

Congrats on your purchase (though it seems steep).

Question to you and other Elim/Ave users: Have you used the windshield (Bajaj one, full) for touring? Are they comfortable for visibility/cross winds? Coz the heavy windflow the bikes endures at high speed is one concern for me. Any inputs?

thank you so much for your valuable reply's aaggoswami,snnaroikar,v12,jkdas,aditya.86,animeher .
sorry animeher i dont have any idea about windshields.soon i will post when some work is done

The original Kawasaki Eliminator is better than the Bajaj Avenger.

Any day,
any time,
any place.

Period.

I acquired a pre owned Kawasaki Eliminator after nearly 10 years of wait and ended up customizing to my taste.
Some of the good and bad aspects are listed down, but it in the end, its a fun cruiser and gives a lovely taste of japanese engineering.
The Good :
- Long drawn cruiser body gives it a very good road presence
- Japanese engine gives a peppy feeling.
- Upright riding position combined with short seat for cruising long distances
- Self Start option in the millennium era
- Very effective disc braking system
- Healthy mileage of 40+ Kmpl
- Massive 14 litre fuel tank

The Bad :
-
Lack of Fuel gauge
- No foot support near gear and brake pedals
- Hard clutch makes you weary on a long ride

The Ugly :

A loud shout to V-12 for suiding me on few technical aspects about this bike

Now some pics of my Green Eye..

Condition of my Eliminator when I purchased
My New Ride Kawasaki Eliminator-78090245_1_1000x700_haiiwantsellmykawasakibajajelimnetorbike2002modelhyderabad.jpg