Team-BHP - Yamaha R15 or Thunderbird twinspark - Which???
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Yamaha R15 or Thunderbird twinspark - Which??? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/51631-yamaha-r15-thunderbird-twinspark.html)

Hello to all team bhpians, this is your newest member. Have always been an avid reader of this forum and now seek help from all of you. Am 5 ft 7 inches tall weighing 75 kg and am riding a yamaha rx 135 since the past 10.5 yrs. Bike now feels underpowered and am in the market for a new bike. After researching lot of bikes zeroed in on tbts and r15. But am confused!!! r15 is best in class handling reliable and power but am unsure if it will take loads of 150 kg plus (me and wifey) on rides within city and occasional ride out of town. TBTS impressed me greatly on test drive but am finding bullets unreliable overall when compared to yamaha. However wifey loves it and so am inclined for tbts. Also am a little unsure if I would be able to handle tbts as its a heavy bke and 90% riding will be within city only. Am confused and seek your help.please:

Well these bikes are as different as chalk & cheese so comparison is not fair.

But still as per me, if 90% riding is within City then R15 makes more sense.

if you plan to ride alone most of the time go for the R 1 5,
otherwise enfield is the one to go for , on the yamaha ladies cannot sit side ways, and back seat would be more comfy on the RE.

Get something both love:) Get the Thunderbird. Nothing to beat its presence even.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technocrat (Post 1118700)
Well these bikes are as different as chalk & cheese so comparison is not fair.

But still as per me, if 90% riding is within City then R15 makes more sense.

i cant agree more. however, my choice would be the tbts. its actually easy to handle and ride in the city too.

You are used to riding a RX100 get a lighter bike(R15). The Enfield is good but once you get hit by its eccentrics you wont appreciate it.

R15's pillion seat is not comfortable. I sit there every day to and from my office!
So it should be the TBTS for you since you plan to ride it with your better half.

Oops my bad I didnt read that you need it for doubles riding mostly. This throws R15 out of the window.

The modern day bullets especially the AVL ones are quite reliable.

I think a Yamaha owner should stick to Yamaha while upgrading.

Thunder Bird is good as a cruiser, but not for short commutes.

You can choose the Tbird anyday over R-15. Awesome road presence, safety, and pillion comfort, all in all a great package.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoom_vroom (Post 1118964)
You can choose the Tbird anyday over R-15. Awesome road presence, safety, and pillion comfort, all in all a great package.

How is the Bullet safer over the R15?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spitfire (Post 1118979)
How is the Bullet safer over the R15?

Riding an enfield makes you a calmer and better person.

You get in touch with your inner self. This bike offers an excellent platform for releasing your inner chi forces. Humility and simple life become a part of your aura.

If Spitfire buys a bullet again and starts riding it he will change his id from spitfire for spitflower. :)

just kidding. :)

You and your better half would enjoy riding together on the TBTS. Period.

If riding with pillion is over/plan to be over considerable distances then go for TBTS.

If riding with your wife generally means shopping, then you can safely opt for R15.

+1 to what bblost had to say. You definitely will do sensible driving when you are on a T'Bird rather than chasing signals(no offence). If your mostly on doubles the T'Bird makes sense as it can avoid back pain for both the rider and the pillion. And no way is it underpowered , so my choice would be go for the RE. And once you are into its world no way will it allow you to go out!!! lol:

I would suggest a RETS any day.Its the best cruiser bike in India and the power is unmactched by R15.