Team-BHP - Mods on RX 135 near Ghaziabad
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Mods on RX 135 near Ghaziabad (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/51654-mods-rx-135-near-ghaziabad.html)

Hello,
I have read the mesgs in the Team BHP Forums. I really appreciate the comments given by the members.
I need some help.
I have a Yamaha RX 135. I want to do some performance mods on my bike.
Can you please let me know a good place near Ghaziabad where I can get the modifications done.

Some of the mods that I have shortlisted from the forums are as follows:
1. Port and polish the Chamber
2. Put high performance Fibre REED Valves. Install a UNI or K&N air filter
3. Power air filter
4. Custom Expansion Chamber
5. Quick Throttle
6. Upjet your CARB
7. Get smaller sprockets up front - change entire kit
8. Install a Pulsar disk brake kit for the front
9. Buy a new 5 speed bore kit and head (the 5 speed bore revs out much better than the 4 speed bore)
10. central locking
11. Yamaha does sell a 'conversion kit' in which you change a couple of gears and a few components
12. Fit a NGK Spark plug Model - NGK Iridium IX Xtreme

Also can you guide me on how to go about getting the modifications done. As of now all the info I have is from the forums only. I am not too much of a techie.

I want to go to a quality mechanic. The engine in my bike is in a very good condition and I am looking for purely performance modifications. No cosmetics.

Will really appreciate any help that you can give.

Thanks.
Regards.

Alok it seems that you pasted the exact PM that you send me. hehehe
any ways you may contact IQBAL in janak puri i get my RX done from him amazing and profesional are the words that i have for him.
if you want any further details contact me

oh and yes every KM that you cover from Gaziabad to see Iqbal would be worth it.

to fit 5 speed barrel you need to mod 4 speed head.
central locking is waste of money
try fitting gladiator disc brake , much better than pulsar's & forks are direct fit

Being an owner of the rx 135, the only mod I would suggst is disc brake, and thicker tyres (you may have to remove the center stand for that) All other mods are at times expensive and may not always bring you the kick you are looking for. Better still wait for some time, collect more money and go in for a new bike as things that go old have their own life cycle and we must evolve into newer things with more technology and better efficiencies.cheers:

Ported 5 speed barrel
5 speed head
TM 28 flatslide carb
Carbon fibre reeds
Chamber
Digital CDI
UNI Airfilter

This is what I would do for an RX 135.

@crazydiablo..

any idea from where can we get cabonfiber reeds for rx?

Quote:

Originally Posted by KK9 (Post 1119884)
Being an owner of the rx 135, the only mod I would suggst is disc brake, and thicker tyres (you may have to remove the center stand for that) All other mods are at times expensive and may not always bring you the kick you are looking for. Better still wait for some time, collect more money and go in for a new bike as things that go old have their own life cycle and we must evolve into newer things with more technology and better efficiencies.cheers:

I am sure that you just use your bike for comutting or it may be lying in the back yard gathering dust.

Thicker tyres without performance mods would me adding a iron sole to your boots when you are loosing on power.

no other bike in india asof now can give you that much of kick what a performance moded RX can.

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazydiablo (Post 1120123)
Ported 5 speed barrel
5 speed head
TM 28 flatslide carb
Carbon fibre reeds
Chamber
Digital CDI
UNI Airfilter

This is what I would do for an RX 135.

Well said this is all that you need but i would suggest that you go for a stock barrel first get the feel of it then get it ported. a flat side would not be needed for a long time i personally feel when you know how to do things by your self then go in for that kinda stuf.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiragh_bir (Post 1119843)
to fit 5 speed barrel you need to mod 4 speed head.
central locking is waste of money
try fitting gladiator disc brake , much better than pulsar's & forks are direct fit

Chirag is correct you need to Mod the 4 speed head for the 5 speed barrel. but lucky you, as i got one even you may get one for a very good price. but dont ask how much.
central locking would really be a wastage of money you dont need to add some stupid TUK TUK to the bike. chori honi hogi to ghar ke andar se bhi ho jaye gi .

disk is a good option. call me tomorrow if you want will talk more about it.

@KK9 you don' t need thicker tyres but you need good road holding tyres..

go in for 17inch wheel setup (borrow rims from discover) & get R 15 tyres slim & sticky

To start off with get yourself an RDD digital CDI for your bike. It will make a huge difference in your ride.

Then get a UNI's filters.

I think first experience this and then move step by step ahead.

Gradual mods can be what crazydiablo has mentioned here.

Hi,

I am from Hyderabad, and own Rx 135 2001,4 gear obviously, and have so many memories associated with it.

Being busy, and got carried away with my 2nd wife ( Palio S10 ) I neglected my bike. Dint use it for quite some time and its in no good shape now. I feel some vibrations, stupid: which are obvious with old Yamaha. Suspension is completely dead, Head makes weired sound, hope u know the problem with Rx 135. Hence I have listed below mods for the bike, I need some experts sugggestions.
  1. Get it rebored ( need suggestions if I have to get 5 speed kit please:)
  2. CDI
  3. 5 speed gearbox upgrade ( Learnt that there is some conversion kit costing 2200+)
  4. Basic suspension done, wheels throughing :Frustrati
  5. custom paint/graphics ( I can do graphics myself :D )
  6. Nickeling, and seat cover, other cosmetics.
Can anyone suggest a good mechanic who knows what he is doing with Yamaha's, and knows about modding them?

Please help me in getting my naughty school memories back with my naughty Bike.

Quote:

1. Get it rebored ( need suggestions if I have to get 5 speed kit )
  2. CDI
  3. 5 speed gearbox upgrade ( Learnt that there is some conversion kit costing 2200+)
  4. Basic suspension done, wheels throughing
  5. custom paint/graphics ( I can do graphics myself )
  6. Nickeling, and seat cover, other cosmetics.

1. Get it re bored if you want you may also go for the % speed kit but just remember that thing now comes for a premium the last one that i heard has a broken fin and was sold for 8000 rs. and when i had planned the conversion in November 2008 i was getting it for 3200 but by the time the conversion was done in Jan it was up to 3800.

2. CDI from RDD can be obtained by contacting TEJI (Torq3ue) on r d d dreams. or even i have one spare which i would need to dig up. the new CDI is for 2800.

3. Again the same thing about the 5 Speed gear box. if you can get your hands on one go for it it comes for a premium, now aswell though i have not tried to find out how much.

4. The cycle parts have to be fine get a set of new shocks at the rear end and make sure if you are an average height and weight buy stick to the stock and keep away from the Gas filed ones.

5. Paint would not cost much and i don't want to get into it.

6. again the same for the last one.