Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2011, 20:50   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Strange Electrical Problem on P180

Well, it was an issue with the battery. It was nearly dead. I bought a new Amaron pro-bike rider alpha battery AP-ATX9 which is a 9 ampere battery. This comes with 60 months warranty. 30 months replacement warranty and 30 months rebate. This is a completely sealed battery. Everything was back to normal after replacing the old battery with the new one. The new battery cost me Rs. 2000.

Also got Bosch symphony (skoda like) horns installed since the original ones had died. They cost me Rs. 500.
Old 6th March 2011, 10:57   #17
Senior - BHPian

I had replaced my battery 6 months ago. However, due to various reasons, I have not been able to ride my bike except on weekends. Not even weekends for a few months at a stretch, not even on weekends because I am not in Pune, and my parents cant ride a bike.
Result is that I continue to suffer from a really weak horn and erratic tacho (12k rpm idle :P). Any solutions ?
The bike is a 1005 Pulsar 150 ES, and the battery is Exide Bikerz 9A.

Last edited by sajo : 6th March 2011 at 10:59.
Old 13th March 2011, 22:57   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
I had replaced my battery 6 months ago. However, due to various reasons, I have not been able to ride my bike except on weekends. Not even weekends for a few months at a stretch, not even on weekends because I am not in Pune, and my parents cant ride a bike.
Result is that I continue to suffer from a really weak horn and erratic tacho (12k rpm idle :P). Any solutions ?
The bike is a 1005 Pulsar 150 ES, and the battery is Exide Bikerz 9A.
Ojas, this is similar to my case. I used to ride only on weekends, that too not all weekends. What you can do is to get the battery recharged, every 3 months. Make sure the bike starts and is kept at idle 5-10 minutes every alternate day. The other option is to get a battery charger, disconnect the battery and keep it charged at home.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks