Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2009, 16:45   #1
BHPian

Clutch problem in RX135, 5 Speed

I own a yamaha rx 135 5 speed. Its around 8 years old, the clutch plates began wearing out and I had difficulty in riding the bike. Gears began slipping, infact there was little control with the clutch.
I had the clutch plates replaced a week back, but still the jerky movement persists, and I have little clutch play, there is very little clutch control angle on the lever, it seems the clutch functionality is concentrated on a very small angle.
It is no way near the original clutch when the bike was new.

Am I missing something guys,...what might be the problem with my clutch.

Post EDITED since it contained various [FONT], [COLOR] and [SIZE] tags.
Posting with such text formatting should be avoided on Team-BHP as it is inconvenient for members to read post.
Kindly go through Announcements section before proceeding.

Thanking You for your anticipated co-operation

The Team-BHP Support

Last edited by Jaggu : 16th January 2009 at 17:45. Reason: Font tags
Old 17th January 2009, 18:42   #2
BHPian

Clutch issue?

Hey buddy. Its not too much of a thing to worry. Basically, the clutch housing has a gear plate rivetted to it but has dampners inside too. You need to get those replaced. Also, when you install the clutch back, make sure you use a new set of tension springs and clutch rod. That should have you back as good as new.
Old 18th January 2009, 10:46   #3
BHPian

Check the springs and clutch bell that might solve the problem.
Old 12th March 2009, 08:27   #4
BHPian

The clutch is getting slacker by the day and it starts to lightly slip when the engine is totally heated up (upwards of 20 kms). I know I am loosing out on atleast 3-4 kms/litre just because of this awful condition of the clutch. Help guys..
Old 25th March 2009, 14:07   #5
BHPian

I guess I will have to go buy a tool kit and do some R & D myself :(
Old 25th March 2009, 14:19   #6
Team-BHP Support

Do a complete overhaul of clutch, clutch setting seems to be no according to specs. Check the pressure plates and the rubbers and replace them if they are worn out. Also check the springs if they are properly torqued.
Old 26th March 2009, 16:34   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Do a complete overhaul of clutch, clutch setting seems to be no according to specs. Check the pressure plates and the rubbers and replace them if they are worn out. Also check the springs if they are properly torqued.
jaggu, the problem is the mechanic showed me that the gear plate and the clutch bell had a little bit of slack in them, about 30 degrees of play, so he told me he will have to rectify this by taking it to a lathe he also told me that the dampners need to be replaced. And this is despite all these changes. So are you guys suggesting I again take it back to him and ask him to look at the pressure plates and the rubbers or the clutch rod as mentioned in the above posts ??

p.s: the mechanic is a friend of mine, I know him very well, so taking it to him and asking him to look at it again is not a problem at all, infact I have taken my bike back to him atleast 4 - 5 times now with regards to this problem.
Old 26th March 2009, 16:37   #8
BHPian

pics of my bike, not that it helps, just to show how frustrating it is to have this clutch problem despite maintaining it so well.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...5-5-speed.html
Old 14th June 2010, 16:41   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapiljolly79 View Post
Hey buddy. Its not too much of a thing to worry. Basically, the clutch housing has a gear plate rivetted to it but has dampners inside too. You need to get those replaced. Also, when you install the clutch back, make sure you use a new set of tension springs and clutch rod. That should have you back as good as new.
+1 on that. Also I hope you changed the pressure plates. If not then they maigh the main culprit. Also check the clutch hub/pressure plate for scratches or wear and tear. replace if necessary.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks