Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2009, 10:15   #76
BHPian

Thanks smarty. Its an old saying, patience rewards. Hence we're taking it really slow and patiently with the build. I'm glad you appreciate it.

Hope to see her on the roads in a few weeks, sparkling envy in others eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smart2smart View Post
there she goes, her beauty is coming out slowly slowly
great work dude, keep it up

hope to see her @ roads soon
Old 27th January 2009, 12:48   #77
Senior - BHPian

didn't like the tyres..

go for irc or michelin or mrf zapper q .. pick 90/90 R-18 or 3.00 for rear
Old 27th January 2009, 14:49   #78
BHPian

Hi Chirag. That is a 3.00 Dunlop for the rear. Its the same V12 has used in the Cafe racer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiragh_bir View Post
didn't like the tyres..

go for irc or michelin or mrf zapper q .. pick 90/90 R-18 or 3.00 for rear
Old 27th January 2009, 16:56   #79
Senior - BHPian

Kapil, great passion. I am repenting as to why I disposed my Rx100 of 1990
Old 27th January 2009, 22:36   #80
BHPian

getsurya - You can still get one in scrap condition and start rebuilding one before all the spares go off the shelf.
Old 27th January 2009, 23:27   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapiljolly79 View Post
Thanks smarty. Its an old saying, patience rewards. Hence we're taking it really slow and patiently with the build. I'm glad you appreciate it.

Hope to see her on the roads in a few weeks, sparkling envy in others eyes.
dude the 2T oil tank is old one ? it does not make any diffrence if it is old or new because it will be covered after.
Try to change the 2T oil indicator to a new one ( just an advice )
cheers cheers:
Old 27th January 2009, 23:48   #82
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by smart2smart View Post
dude the 2T oil tank is old one ? it does not make any diffrence if it is old or new because it will be covered after.
Try to change the 2T oil indicator to a new one ( just an advice )
cheers cheers:
Yes you can change the lens cover to give it a clean new look, meter can be retained and ensure that you get the lens with the rubber O ring.
Old 28th January 2009, 01:06   #83
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Its coming out well Kapil. I'm definitely sure that once the bike is ready its gonna be one of the or The best restored and completely original RX100.

All the best.

P.S. What color are you planning?
Old 28th January 2009, 09:38   #84
Senior - BHPian

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper english in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 29th January 2009 at 14:38.
chiragh_bir is offline   Received Infraction
Old 28th January 2009, 12:26   #85
BHPian

Tuesday!

Hey guys. Thanks a ton for all the suggestions. Jaggu Bhai, the 2T tank lens has currently been buffed but I shall definitely replace it with a new one as soon as I can. I've changed the O-ring to keep it from any leakages.

V12: Thanks a ton brother. Those words build my confidence every day even though we face problems that sometimes bring me down. Like yesterday, we were all set to assemble the engine when we noticed that the crank bearing seat was a bit too loose and the bearing kept slipping out. Also, one of the gear shifers pins has been worn out bad. Plus the primary gear could do with a replacement. So getting all those issues sorted out today.

As for the color, I've taken a Black base with a metallic blue sparkles. So in the shade, it will look like any black yam, but in the sun, it will glisten a completely different shade of a blue black metallic one. Looks better than it sounds.

Chirag, I shall move up the ladder to a michelin after a few months buddy. Tyres can't be easily replaced once they're on the rim. PLus, since V12 is using the same, I opted for the same combination. I'm sure they'll be worth the money and ride. Its going to be a new Yam. It has to ride well.

No pictures from yesterday though. Will have some today hopefully. The silver parts have come in. So the front shocks should be mounted today with the front tyre and mudguard. We've almost finished wiring the bike from head to tail. The rest will happend once the engine gets mounted and the magnet coil setup goes on and then we shall fire her up.

Oh yes, also, finished the carb yesterday. So hopefully I should have a lot of pictures to put up tonight. Cheers cheers:
Old 29th January 2009, 11:53   #86
BHPian

Pictures!!

Hey guys. Well, she's finally done with the front end. Got the shocks and wheels on and all set. Did the break linkages for te front and rear also. Pictures of the centre assembly with the foot brake is also here and the electronics installed. Also got a new window for the 2T tank, as suggested by Jaggu Bhai. Got the air filter box installed. Switch assembly and handle bar on too.

Also got the engine cases back from paint. Will be expecting the crank halves done today and 99%, engine assembled tonight. The flasher and CDI will go on once the engine is mounted.

Also I've enclosed two pics of my garage. See you tomorrow with newer pics and a more complete bike.
Attached Thumbnails
Rebirth of my 1987 Rx100-dsc01211-medium.jpg  

Rebirth of my 1987 Rx100-dsc01224-medium.jpg  

Rebirth of my 1987 Rx100-dsc01225-medium.jpg  

Rebirth of my 1987 Rx100-dsc01226-medium.jpg  

Rebirth of my 1987 Rx100-dsc01227-medium.jpg  

Rebirth of my 1987 Rx100-dsc01228-medium.jpg  

Rebirth of my 1987 Rx100-dsc01229-medium.jpg  

Rebirth of my 1987 Rx100-dsc01230-medium.jpg  

Rebirth of my 1987 Rx100-dsc01231-medium.jpg  

Rebirth of my 1987 Rx100-dsc01232-medium.jpg  

Old 30th January 2009, 00:34   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapiljolly79 View Post
Hey guys. Well, she's finally done with the front end. Got the shocks and wheels on and all set. Did the break linkages for te front and rear also. Pictures of the centre assembly with the foot brake is also here and the electronics installed. Also got a new window for the 2T tank, as suggested by Jaggu Bhai. Got the air filter box installed. Switch assembly and handle bar on too.

Also got the engine cases back from paint. Will be expecting the crank halves done today and 99%, engine assembled tonight. The flasher and CDI will go on once the engine is mounted.

Also I've enclosed two pics of my garage. See you tomorrow with newer pics and a more complete bike.
hey nice pics there, what bike is that in the last pic. the one. with split seats...
Old 30th January 2009, 10:35   #88
BHPian

Friday and the engine is up.

Well, to go by the order, its a 71 Jawa, a 78 Yezdi, a 50cc Pocket rocket (the small bike on stand. Its got racing slicks and disc brakes on both wheels. And it does 80kmh) a 54 BSA and the one with split seats is the 41 Matchless. Currently we've removed the Engine cos we're working on another engine of the same model. But fitting a 500cc block.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
hey nice pics there, what bike is that in the last pic. the one. with split seats...
Well, all that said, we managed to complete a lot of engine work last night and have mounted and bolted the engine to the frame. Pics enclosed and also installed the new primary gear. New Cylinder kit, new struts, new bolts, screws and nuts. Installed the engine breather, gear shifter ball is in and neutral switch is set too. Keeping my fingers crossed, I think we should start this baby up tonight.
Attached Thumbnails
Rebirth of my 1987 Rx100-dsc01234-medium.jpg  

Rebirth of my 1987 Rx100-dsc01236-medium.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by kapiljolly79 : 30th January 2009 at 10:40. Reason: Forgot a bike.
Old 31st January 2009, 03:08   #89
BHPian

Great Job..Beautiful !!!

Absolutely Beautiful !!!!! I don't know how i missed this thread . Wow she is coming out real Pretty. There sure are going to be a lot of Eyes on her when she Rolls out.Nice Job..

I had my Rx - 100, 1995 Model Totally Rebuilt about 1.5 Years Back & all Original Yamaha Parts were used.

Cheers!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Rebirth of my 1987 Rx100-120508_1451copy.jpg  

Rebirth of my 1987 Rx100-100508_1426copy.jpg  

Rebirth of my 1987 Rx100-120508_1449copy.jpg  

Old 31st January 2009, 11:27   #90
BHPian

Hey YamBoy. Thank you. I wonder, how did you miss the thread? Its sweet to meet another ardent yamaha rx100 fan. Man, its a totally different feeling which I am glad I got to experience and am going to relive again. Sorry to the new gen 4strokers. No offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaBoy View Post
Absolutely Beautiful !!!!! I don't know how i missed this thread . Wow she is coming out real Pretty. There sure are going to be a lot of Eyes on her when she Rolls out.Nice Job..

I had my Rx - 100, 1995 Model Totally Rebuilt about 1.5 Years Back & all Original Yamaha Parts were used.

Cheers!!!
Well guys, we finally started her up yesterday. I was wondering if she'll start or not and in the fourth kick, she sprang to life. Beautiful. The plug spark is great due to the new 12V coil setup and the beat of a new silencer is perfect. However, one little snag. The kick lever became free after some time. It would engage and but not everytime. SO will open the clutch case again today. There is a small Y clip on the shaft that holds the starting gear. We have a new one that came in the kit but didn't replace it. SO will sort that out and should have her all ready in a nother day or two. Two small pics to show her current status.
Attached Thumbnails
Rebirth of my 1987 Rx100-dsc01238-medium.jpg  

Attached Images

Most Viewed