Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2009, 15:14   #91
BHPian

All set.

Hey. I am so happy today. The bike is all set. We sorted out the kick spring issue. INstalled the new clip, and have had the bike run throuugh about half a litre of premixed fuel. The 2T pump works beautifully. It had to undergo a small oil seal replacement. The size of that oil seal itself is very surprising.

Well, we await now the sticker for the Fuel tank. So we're looking at two three days worth of a wait. The magnet side case is also ready. Installed the chain cover also today. Will be done with the final wiring for the headlight dome and should have the bike all complete, except for the Tank Stickering done by tonight.

I must admit, being away from the RX100 for so many years shows. When I started the bike, I thought that it was a little noisy. My Mech started laughing and said that this is what happens when we drive cars for years and suddenly concider riding a two stroke bike for a change. But the engine is smooth as silk. Cover the silencer and apart from the slight rev of the magnet coil, we hadn't covered it, its a very smooth rhythm that just amazes me. It has undoubtedly been one of the least maintainance motorcycles of its time and the simplicity of the buil shows that just how easy it is to get these machines together from scratch.

I also managed to source the fuel filter and the clip that holds the fuel filter. Getting that clip became a challenge as many people stopped using it. Finally asked a local mechanic to sell it off a bike he had for sale. He took 100 bucks for it but then, I needed it and I had to have it.

Luck being all sweet, I also managed to get the clutch side Plug/oil seal that I so desperately needed. Now the wait is for the heavy guage inverted butterfly design leg guard. The one I bought from the market is so fragile that it won't take the weight of the bike even if it were to tip. Let alone, GOD forbid, meet with an accident. Yes, one has to think of all the possibilities.

I love this bike and will without a doubt keep it as long as I can to hand it over one fine day to my son. I just hope there never comes a regulation against these bikes. I mean come on, how else will they become a classic!!

See you fans out there soon.
Old 1st February 2009, 15:27   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I also managed to source the fuel filter and the clip that holds the fuel filter. Getting that clip became a challenge as many people stopped using it. Finally asked a local mechanic to sell it off a bike he had for sale. He took 100 bucks for it but then, I needed it and I had to have it.
Err... which clip are you talking about exactly? The very small wire like clips that clamp the tubes at the end... like the one you have on top of your 2t oil tank?
Old 1st February 2009, 15:38   #93
BHPian

Oh no. Not that one. Its a big clip which has the fuel filter clamp attached to it. Its actually one single peice. The fuel filter of the yamaha is bigger compared to the fuel filters used today. I'm not surprised about you not being able to relate to it. Like I said, many people stopped using those filters due to their unavailability.

Nevertheless, I've attacehd a small pic to show what I've just talked about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Err... which clip are you talking about exactly? The very small wire like clips that clamp the tubes at the end... like the one you have on top of your 2t oil tank?
Attached Thumbnails
Rebirth of my 1987 Rx100-filt.jpg  

Old 1st February 2009, 15:58   #94
Senior - BHPian

Oh ok. Can't exactly make out thru the smal pic... but I get the gist, thanks.
Old 1st February 2009, 22:43   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapiljolly79 View Post
Oh no. Not that one. Its a big clip which has the fuel filter clamp attached to it. Its actually one single peice. The fuel filter of the yamaha is bigger compared to the fuel filters used today. I'm not surprised about you not being able to relate to it. Like I said, many people stopped using those filters due to their unavailability.

Nevertheless, I've attacehd a small pic to show what I've just talked about.
i have such a filter i was bloody dumb to discard the clamp at one time and now its so hard to get this clamp.. thogh i was able to get this kinda filter if any one needs one i would be able to get them.

het Kapil sorry for the delay. i still have to meet my mech actually i am busy sorting things for my Big day. :P
Old 2nd February 2009, 02:22   #96
BHPian

wow looking at the dedication with which you are building and the way you guy s speak about your RX 100 s . I really feel bad selling mine !!!
Wish i had it now it would cost peanut s to keep it running now !! looking at the engine block make s 1 happy compared to the puny one s coming on 100 cc these day s !!! Ya i know am comparing 4 strokes to 2 strokes not fair
Old 2nd February 2009, 18:04   #97
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Kapiljolly79 ji,
Your dedication to resurrect the beast is amazing. Simply blows me off my feet. certainly even brings a tear to my eyes. good going sir
Old 2nd February 2009, 18:30   #98
Team-BHP Support

Great job again and good idea that you got the filter clamp, otherwise the assembly can make a small racket and sometimes even spring small leaks on the filter. Ensure you get the OE petrol pipes (small black ones) and the clips at tips to ensure a leak free long life
Old 3rd February 2009, 10:58   #99
BHPian

Almost there.

Hahahha. Desi, very true. The clamp is very difficult to source. Lucky for me, this is taken care of. And hey, no issues on the time. I shall keep it on te other crash guard till you revert. I hope you received the Pilot boxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
i have such a filter i was bloody dumb to discard the clamp at one time and now its so hard to get this clamp.. thogh i was able to get this kinda filter if any one needs one i would be able to get them.

het Kapil sorry for the delay. i still have to meet my mech actually i am busy sorting things for my Big day. :P
Thanks mhawk. I know how it feels if you look back on selling a bike/car which you wish you hadn't. Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-hawk View Post
wow looking at the dedication with which you are building and the way you guy s speak about your RX 100 s . I really feel bad selling mine !!!
Wish i had it now it would cost peanut s to keep it running now !! looking at the engine block make s 1 happy compared to the puny one s coming on 100 cc these day s !!! Ya i know am comparing 4 strokes to 2 strokes not fair
Bharti ji, thank you very much for those kind words of appreciation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharti22shresth View Post
Kapiljolly79 ji,
Your dedication to resurrect the beast is amazing. Simply blows me off my feet. certainly even brings a tear to my eyes. good going sir
Jaggu Bhai, followed your tips through the build. I have the small black fuel lines and the clips on the filter all set. The bike is complete and shall have the paint parts back from rubbing polish today. So look out for a the New Kid on the Block in a few hours. Thank you for your genuine concerns and tips on the build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Great job again and good idea that you got the filter clamp, otherwise the assembly can make a small racket and sometimes even spring small leaks on the filter. Ensure you get the OE petrol pipes (small black ones) and the clips at tips to ensure a leak free long life
Old 3rd February 2009, 12:27   #100
BHPian

i have been following this thread religiously- i can't wait to see the final product..

just thinking of how excited kapiljolly would be. all the best and congratulations
Old 3rd February 2009, 16:50   #101
BHPian

Gentlemen, please welcome.......

Hey guys. Well, like I promised a few hours, here she is. All done. Rides like I just got it out of the showroom, and even looks it. People started to surround it and some even asked me today, "Sir, chupa ke rakhi thi itne saal kya?"

I must thank all of you who have been following this thread and have guided me in through. Small details have been carefully monitored and seen through the build of the bike to make sure it looks, feels and rides like new. I hope you have enjoyed following it as much, if not more, as I have enjoyed myself building this bike from scratch.
Attached Thumbnails
Rebirth of my 1987 Rx100-dsc01241-medium.jpg  

Rebirth of my 1987 Rx100-dsc01242-medium.jpg  

Rebirth of my 1987 Rx100-dsc01243-medium.jpg  

Rebirth of my 1987 Rx100-dsc01244-medium.jpg  

kapiljolly79 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2009, 16:52   #102
Senior - BHPian

Absolutely fabulous, kapiljolly79 . Your RX100 looks better than new !

Last edited by Blue Thunder : 3rd February 2009 at 16:54.
Old 3rd February 2009, 16:58   #103
BHPian

gorgeous..!!
its almost perfect

PS: you might have retained the original Headlight set up at least for the pics - I know you have the originals
Old 3rd February 2009, 17:02   #104
BHPian

Thank you very very much. I'm really glad you like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Absolutely fabulous, kapiljolly79 . Your RX100 looks better than new !
Old 3rd February 2009, 17:04   #105
BHPian

Hahahaha. I wish I could. But it suure becomes a small job to get that off and the other one installed. However, not only the headlight, I've even retained the original handle grips. Kept them packed. I did think of using them for the pics, but the excitement to finish it and ride it was killing me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by somspaple View Post
gorgeous..!!
its almost perfect

PS: you might have retained the original Headlight set up at least for the pics - I know you have the originals

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks