Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2009, 17:08   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinner View Post
Thanks a lot for the suggestions guys. Even i agree and feel that the first option is to get a new tank. I spoke to the insurance guys and getting the claim wont be a problem. The new tank costs around 4.5k(100‰ covered in insurance). I might sound a bit greedy now, But now that i need to get a new tank. Would it possible to fit the fuel tank of avenger 200 i'm interested in the fuel guage :-).
IMO, better stick to the stock fuel tank!
Old 24th January 2009, 17:28   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot for the suggestions guys. Even i agree and feel that the first option is to get a new tank. I spoke to the insurance guys and getting the claim wont be a problem. The new tank costs around 4.5k(100‰ covered in insurance). I might sound a bit greedy now, But now that i need to get a new tank. Would it possible to fit the fuel tank of avenger 200 i'm interested in the fuel guage :-).

i guess you can get a 2008 model fuel tank only if 2005 is not available. or talk nicely with the service advisor and ask him to do this much you you.
Old 25th January 2009, 07:54   #18
Senior - BHPian

One of my friends had an accident and the tank had a scratch on it. No way the insurance would give him a new tank, so his brother brought out a hammer and had a gala time smashing the tank. In the end he got a new tank form insurance.
Old 25th January 2009, 08:25   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Good that your insurance is paying up.

I'd suggest stick to the stock tank. Or try to convince the showroom manager to get that avy200's tank. This may be possible if they do not have the 2005 avy180's tank. I do not know about any change in the dimensions though.

Could be probably fitted, although it may need some addition of wires to supply power to the fuel gauge.
Old 25th January 2009, 17:45   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeno View Post
Good that your insurance is paying up.

I'd suggest stick to the stock tank. Or try to convince the showroom manager to get that avy200's tank. This may be possible if they do not have the 2005 avy180's tank. I do not know about any change in the dimensions though.

Could be probably fitted, although it may need some addition of wires to supply power to the fuel gauge.
check out this thread guys. the same tank dent in the same position.
both bikes are the same ??

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...liminator.html
Old 27th January 2009, 00:07   #21
BHPian

@ 2smart: No brother , both bikes are not the same. Mine is a Avenger, and the one in the link u provided is a Eliminator. Secondly The dent in the Elim is on the side of the tank, very much on the sticker area, Which is usually cased when the bike falls at a highspeed and the leg guard is unable to protect the tank.

Guys I checked with a mechanic at bajaj, and he said that he can do the tank swap job. And he has done on 5-10 Avengers. All he needs is a Avvy 200 Tank, Avvy 200 Crome part on top of the tank, and complete new wiring set.

If i go by him, the job should cost me a little more then 2K's Above the Avvey 180 Tanks cost. And that too by a Bajaj Authorised Person.

What do you guys think.
Old 27th January 2009, 00:19   #22
BHPian

Not bad I say, but the fit will be perfect right ? i hope the tank support or the tank bolt mounting point are not different from avy180 and require modification.

Wiring is okay, you can tinker with it since this bike is a normal carb bike. So go for it !

Good luck
Xeno.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks