Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2009, 14:32   #1
BHPian

Yamaha Rd350 Front windscreen cover

can any one advise where i can source the front sheild cover(WISER) for the yamaha RD 350. i am in urgent requirement and not able to source the same in bangalore. Can any one help me in sourcing the same.

kindly ping me or you email me @ pradeep.ba@gmail.com if you have any lead about this.

thanks and regards

pradeep
Old 29th January 2009, 17:13   #2
BHPian

If you cant find in Bangalore, then it seems like a tough task. What about Ron Chinoy's place?
Old 29th January 2009, 20:27   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaneroller View Post
If you cant find in Bangalore, then it seems like a tough task. What about Ron Chinoy's place?

Where is it in bangalore !! i've not heard about this one, can you kindly give more info, will check .
I've also heard that there is some place in Delhi wher they still manufacture and supply for the police bikes in bangalore. does any one have any clue on this place.
Old 29th January 2009, 22:12   #4
Senior - BHPian

I guess we are looking for the RD 350 Fairing..I have been hunting for it myself.
I have the fibre glass visor but not the frame...alas
Old 29th January 2009, 22:26   #5
BHPian

I know for sure that they are still made in delhi and definately available in karolbagh, atleast till 8 odd months ago. Tough to get in blore. Try Siyal motors at cooks town(i think its there) Its bang opposite a tvs dealer there next to a flyover thats being constructed. Next bet is some mechs around blore.
Chinoy probably wont have it as he doesnt deal in cosmetic stuff...
Old 30th January 2009, 06:36   #6
BHPian

Wow that is some ask. My friend was looking out for one for quite a while and managed to get it off a mech. The visor was cracked a bit. He still ended up paying 5k for it. I would say try in Delhi, I heard they are still making them there. It is quite difficult here in bangalore.
Old 31st January 2009, 00:18   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
I guess we are looking for the RD 350 Fairing..I have been hunting for it myself.
I have the fibre glass visor but not the frame...alas

Dear hillram
i have exact the opposite ,, have the frame but no glass . have mounted the same on the bike but no fiber glass.. any way if may i ask if you would like to part with it !!

cheers
pradeep
Old 31st January 2009, 00:22   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
I know for sure that they are still made in delhi and definately available in karolbagh, atleast till 8 odd months ago. Tough to get in blore. Try Siyal motors at cooks town(i think its there) Its bang opposite a tvs dealer there next to a flyover thats being constructed. Next bet is some mechs around blore.
Chinoy probably wont have it as he doesnt deal in cosmetic stuff...

Dear james

Will try in delhi in few days . have been to siyal motors already but no help as he is unable to source this one. both brothers from siyal did try for quite some time

chinoy dosen't have it ... have to look around with the mech or get to the cop station and get it off from a cop bullet

cheers

Pradeep
Old 31st January 2009, 00:30   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffRyder View Post
Wow that is some ask. My friend was looking out for one for quite a while and managed to get it off a mech. The visor was cracked a bit. He still ended up paying 5k for it. I would say try in Delhi, I heard they are still making them there. It is quite difficult here in bangalore.
Dear tuffryder

5K i quite a lot for the visor. Need to head to delhi shortly .. will check then.. if i find it bit cheaper how many of you are willing to buy it !!!

cheers

Pradeep
Old 31st January 2009, 02:31   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsa1955 View Post
Dear tuffryder

5K i quite a lot for the visor. Need to head to delhi shortly .. will check then.. if i find it bit cheaper how many of you are willing to buy it !!!

cheers

Pradeep
5k for the whole thing. It came with the original paint and decals, and in reasonably good condition. Lucky for my friend it was the same color as his bike. If you find one at a good rate, I'l buy one.

I wonder why people here haven't replicated it yet. It shouldn't be a difficult task, fiberglass and plexiglass.
Old 31st January 2009, 03:04   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffRyder View Post
5k for the whole thing. It came with the original paint and decals, and in reasonably good condition. Lucky for my friend it was the same color as his bike. If you find one at a good rate, I'l buy one.

I wonder why people here haven't replicated it yet. It shouldn't be a difficult task, fiberglass and plexiglass.
Due the non availibility i got in touch with the manufacturers of the fiber glass for the 100 cc bikes but they did not have the exact mould. tough we did try wit the acrylic sheet to get the shape was not possible. the heat of oven and the shape of the mould would just melt the acrylic sheet.
Old 31st January 2009, 03:35   #12
Senior - BHPian

How much are they generally for.. i can try and look for one at my place but i do need to know the rough pricing so that incase i buy it i should be knowing the price. are they the same ones used on the bullets ?
Old 31st January 2009, 05:00   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsa1955 View Post
Due the non availibility i got in touch with the manufacturers of the fiber glass for the 100 cc bikes but they did not have the exact mould. tough we did try wit the acrylic sheet to get the shape was not possible. the heat of oven and the shape of the mould would just melt the acrylic sheet.
If u have one sample, we can get a mould for the fiberglass part. This should not be a difficult task and not expensive too. Ive worked in a fiberglass company (11 years back) and we have taken moulds of a lot of similar items. As for the visor part, Im not sure of the process but then again I have seen real fancy visor shapes on helmets and also fish tanks made of the same material. We could probably get hold of some guys who specialize in this.
Old 31st January 2009, 12:15   #14
Senior - BHPian

Slightly OT:
Can anyone post a pic of the faring and wind screen, so that people like us who were not part of the by-gone era can see how the RD looked with the fairing.
Old 31st January 2009, 12:21   #15
BHPian

power crest in malleshwaram bangalore might be able to help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks