Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2005, 05:49   #1
BHPian

Need more power from the Pulsar headlamp

Hi guys
My brother has a Pulsar 180 (the 1st model with the round headlamp) which i ride quite often .. my problem is that once the original bulb fused none of the replacement bulbs have the same intensity .. the mechanic at the service centre has advised me NOT to put in the halogen bulb from the DTSi as he says that it does not fit well in the holder and shakes around resulting in a jittery headlamp (which i hate) .. he also claims that it will burn the holder .. i don't want to change the headlamp because i find it has a really good beam spread and throw (and the minor fact that my brother will not allow me to change anything on his bike) .. could someone please tell me from personal experience if they have indeed fitted a halogen bulb on their Pulsars and if so of what make and what wattage .. and also if they feel any improvement .. i have observed that halogen bulbs for bikes have not yet come of age in India .. i've only found a relatively unknown brands called 'Design' which i've tried on my KB and found quite dissappointing .. any other suggestions to improve the lighting are also welcome .. i do a lot of night riding and so this is important to me ..
thanks in advance
Revvhed
Old 26th April 2005, 10:01   #2
BHPian

hey revhed, i had a halogen in my classic 180.. i was a frequent night rider..it was obviously better than the stock head lamp but after using it for almost 1 year the light went off ..when i changed the halogen i found that the wires were all melted because of the excessive heat produced inside the bulb..thats the only defect i found with the halogen, The power of the halogen is excellent..Wattage i'll let u know dude....
Old 26th April 2005, 11:13   #3
Awaiting Email Confirmation

well i own a 180 classic as well and have faced the same problem once the original bulp went down
my mechanic told me ask for the bulp DUPLO it gives same effect as the original bulp
its not a halogen bulp

yet to search for it and get it installed, once done will post results
Old 26th April 2005, 18:52   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvhed
Hi guys
My brother has a Pulsar 180 (the 1st model with the round headlamp) which i ride quite often .. my problem is that once the original bulb fused none of the replacement bulbs have the same intensity .. the mechanic at the service centre has advised me NOT to put in the halogen bulb from the DTSi as he says that it does not fit well in the holder and shakes around resulting in a jittery headlamp (which i hate) .. he also claims that it will burn the holder .. i don't want to change the headlamp because i find it has a really good beam spread and throw (and the minor fact that my brother will not allow me to change anything on his bike) .. could someone please tell me from personal experience if they have indeed fitted a halogen bulb on their Pulsars and if so of what make and what wattage .. and also if they feel any improvement .. i have observed that halogen bulbs for bikes have not yet come of age in India .. i've only found a relatively unknown brands called 'Design' which i've tried on my KB and found quite dissappointing .. any other suggestions to improve the lighting are also welcome .. i do a lot of night riding and so this is important to me ..
thanks in advance
Revvhed
Regarding the bulb for the Pulsar headlight, check out the bulbs from Mico or the Halonix brand and ask for a 35/35w bulb. The bulb will be brighter and the beam spread will improve. I currently run a 35/35w bulb on my TVS-suzuki, the beam is too good and very bright. The sort of hoder the Pulsar has is the type found on scooters, so this may be a problem cause not many bulbs of that type are available.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks