Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2009, 23:06   #16
Senior - BHPian

Nice Bike Dude...Keep it well maintained.
Old 5th February 2009, 00:12   #17
Senior - BHPian

Nice one bro.. get the cat con removed you would get extra two BHP.

and regarding the riding gear you can check out a shop in shantiniketan. you can check DSG jackets there
Old 5th February 2009, 00:17   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post

and regarding the riding gear you can check out a shop in shantiniketan. you can check DSG jackets there
According to Reports over Internet,it is supposed to bump the power from 27bhp to 30bhp.
But i would not recommend messing with the stock exhaust,as if not done properly this can destroy the exhaust( I learnt it the hard way).

@Speedomania,for Helmets you can also check Karol Bagh.
I have a AGV helmet,its one of the Best in under 3K range.
I am also using a DSG jacket,good VFM and nice protection it offers for the price you pay.
Also Dont mess with stock exhaust.
I remember seeing a Red comet owned by Sameer of Bike India pune.
And that bike had a branded end can I forgot the brand,but as far as I can remember it was a Yoshimura(I may be wrong here).

Last edited by akshay4587 : 5th February 2009 at 00:23.
Old 5th February 2009, 04:10   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
According to Reports over Internet,it is supposed to bump the power from 27bhp to 30bhp.
But i would not recommend messing with the stock exhaust,as if not done properly this can destroy the exhaust( I learnt it the hard way).

I am also using a DSG jacket,good VFM and nice protection it offers for the price you pay.
I remember seeing a Red comet owned by Sameer of Bike India pune.
And that bike had a branded end can I forgot the brand,but as far as I can remember it was a Yoshimura(I may be wrong here).
Hey akshay thats very true if not done properly one has to end up getting one of those DALDA ka dibba EXAUST.

But i am sure if he wanted to get it done i have a person who can take the job and do it well
Old 5th February 2009, 15:16   #20
BHPian

I don't remember seeing a two piece exhaust on the Comet if my memory serves right. In that case, you'll have to go in for a full exhaust system comprising calculated length header and free-flow exhaust.
My suggestion would be to try and get a larger dia header pipe which will enable you to bolt on various end cans as per your requirements.
Old 5th February 2009, 18:01   #21
BANNED

How much did you pay for this lovely bike?
Old 5th February 2009, 18:11   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Speedo, I doubt anyone in India would have stock of an aftermarket exhaust for the Comet. Your best best is to order online, and lookup videos on Youtube for reference sake.

manson.
Saw quite a few videos on youtube and have come to the conclusion that screaming demon in Australia is the best but they cost over 10k inr after shipping don't know if duty would be applicable, also these are made for comets in aus that don't have a catcon the indian one does so don't know if it would fit right on!
I was thinking maybe i could get a custom silencer made, which has a perforated straight through pipe(inner) like the screaming demon, glass wool for damping(b/w inner and outer). This is what I had done in my final year college project it gave a nice deep note. But my worries are about backpressure. What say?
People on youtube have completely or partially debaffled their stock end cans but that makes it sound very throaty and my mechanic told me that was atotal no-no.

@ hillram: Thanks buddy!

Quote:

Quote:
Hey akshay thats very true if not done properly one has to end up getting one of those DALDA ka dibba EXAUST.

But i am sure if he wanted to get it done i have a person who can take the job and do it well
Thanks deep, don't want to remove the catcon as PUC would be a problem then don't want that pain. Ive PM'd you for the contact of the guy you're talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_666 View Post
I don't remember seeing a two piece exhaust on the Comet if my memory serves right. In that case, you'll have to go in for a full exhaust system comprising calculated length header and free-flow exhaust.
My suggestion would be to try and get a larger dia header pipe which will enable you to bolt on various end cans as per your requirements.
Well the silencers not welded on its detachable and the catcon sits inside the silencer its screwed on to the exhaust pipe, as in when you unscrew and remove the silencer you can see it attached to the exhaust pipe.

Last edited by speed0mania : 5th February 2009 at 18:29.
Old 5th February 2009, 18:22   #23
Senior - BHPian

Recently, I saw a Comet GT250 with a dual underseat exhaust on the New Airport road in Bangalore. It sounder very fruity and in seconds the guy just zoomed away into the distance.
Old 5th February 2009, 18:36   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Hey akshay any contacts for the same?

Oh almost forgot got it tuned up today as i had noticed it running rich earlier so feels even better now, was stalling occasionally on idle after engine warmed up but set the idle to 1250-1500 range and feels fine, also changed oil to Castrol gtx magnatec.
Old 5th February 2009, 21:54   #25
Senior - BHPian

I remember coming across a picture on the web,where a guy installed the twin-pipe exhaust under the seat.he also got a body kit on the bike, giving it a Ducati look.I'll try looking for that picture.
Old 5th February 2009, 23:13   #26
BHPian

A stock Comet250 with a good rider can do 180 KPH
At the OP how much did you get this baby for? The last time I was hunting for a comet I got crazy prices of 1.7 laks
Old 5th February 2009, 23:49   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
I remember coming across a picture on the web,where a guy installed the twin-pipe exhaust under the seat.he also got a body kit on the bike, giving it a Ducati look.I'll try looking for that picture.
yeah i bumped into that pic too the guys in australia i think he's a member of korider.com a hyosung forum! i don't want anything that radical just a better engine note without causing any damage or losses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
A stock Comet250 with a good rider can do 180 KPH
At the OP how much did you get this baby for? The last time I was hunting for a comet I got crazy prices of 1.7 laks
OK! i shall break my silence on the price i paid well it was a little lower than 1.5, couldve got others that had done around 10k kms or more for a sub 1lac price (which was my budget initially) but chose to spend a little more on this one plus the guy gave me quite a few freebies like break pads, oil filters, air filters, Ninja helmet ;-) etc etc. plus the papers were clean seemed like a decent guy so I'm more than happy with the deal! :-D
Old 5th February 2009, 23:49   #28
aZa
Senior - BHPian

hey Dhruv congrats on this gr8 purchase!!!
Old 5th February 2009, 23:53   #29
BHPian

hey thanks aZa!! finally my first tick on my grand wishlist! ;-) well at least the balls rolling now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
Recently, I saw a Comet GT250 with a dual underseat exhaust on the New Airport road in Bangalore. It sounder very fruity and in seconds the guy just zoomed away into the distance.
Intersting! what exactly do you mean by sounded 'FRUITY' ? Yup Bangalore its possible, Delhi don't know... All the biggies don't relly care about the comet as its as base level as it gets for them and all the others don't know how much they know, hate to say it but all delhi guys who're half as good as they think they are have an attitude problem as its more bussiness than passion for them and i don't think you can succed with that in this field. So basically there's no one person I could pin point and say yeah i know he'll understand (or should i say care about) what i want and do it!
Do let me know if you get any info on who did it maybe i can ask a friend of mine to go check it out!

Last edited by speed0mania : 6th February 2009 at 00:06.
Old 6th February 2009, 00:04   #30
Senior - BHPian

Comon Druv Ninja Helmet is not good for any thing that goes above 60KMPH. its just good when i ride my old Bullet :P

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks