Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2009, 17:50   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmonu View Post
A quick question after reading another post Speed0 -
Which place or what mechanic do you depend on for any such mods ? especially stuff like Carb Synch and all ?
I've got a Katana 600, and am unable to find a decent, reasonably priced, and prompt service point for getting it tuned to my satisfaction.. any help ?
Hey jsmonu, buddy I'm a DIY kind of guy! since its a Twin cylinder carb synch is quite simple its done by using a simple homemade manometer! Google carb synch and you'll find thousands of links on it! For a multi cylinder, you get specific vaccum gauges to help you out. Loads of videos on youtube too. Will see if i can find the links.
Otherwise people to goto in Delhi, KRP in nariana or Ikjot at ashram.
Old 5th March 2009, 12:07   #92
BHPian

Hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed0mania View Post
Hey jsmonu, buddy I'm a DIY kind of guy! since its a Twin cylinder carb synch is quite simple its done by using a simple homemade manometer! Google carb synch and you'll find thousands of links on it! For a multi cylinder, you get specific vaccum gauges to help you out. Loads of videos on Youtube too. Will see if i can find the links.
Otherwise people to goto in Delhi, KRP in nariana or Ikjot at ashram.
Hey Speed0..!
I could make that out from your talks that you're one of the budding Guru types only
I have caught hold of a couple of names and places in Delhi, but at the same time, haven't heard that highly of most too.. KRP has been ill approved by 3 different people I know here.. especially in terms of costing.
I'm not aware of Ikjot.. any contacts ?

Btw, I'm based out of West Delhi (Janak Puri). How about u ?

and yea.. Thanks for yr reply!

Cheers,
Jas.
Old 5th March 2009, 12:27   #93
BHPian

LOL!! 'BUDDING GURU TYPES' wow dats a huge complement !
Ikjot is a member of GODS (Group Of Delhi Superbikers), He has a petrol station cum workshop at ashram, would be far for you though, haven't been to him but yeah ive heard good reviews, i usually go to the only kinetic w/s still working on comets, and the rest try and do on my own.
I'll PM you Ikjot's no. as i dont think posting his mobile no. here would be appropriate. btw he's also out of town right now will be back next week!
I stay at sunder nagar, thats next to DPS mathura road so (south/central delhi)
Old 5th March 2009, 19:23   #94

Hey you gotta tell me how to got that beauty... Id love a comet too... now... ofcourse a good one... :-)
Old 6th March 2009, 13:06   #95
BHPian

Cool

Quote:
LOL!! 'BUDDING GURU TYPES' wow dats a huge complement !
Ikjot is a member of GODS (Group Of Delhi Superbikers), He has a petrol station cum workshop at ashram, would be far for you though, haven't been to him but yeah ive heard good reviews, i usually go to the only kinetic w/s still working on comets, and the rest try and do on my own.
I'll PM you Ikjot's no. as i dont think posting his mobile no. here would be appropriate. btw he's also out of town right now will be back next week!
I stay at sunder nagar, thats next to DPS mathura road so (south/central delhi)
Cool..! Thanks a bunch mate.
I was also informed about this bike by a member of GODS who is also listed here.. won't like to name him though, cos I don't really have great words for him too.

btw, do let me know in case you come across any good Comet for sale

Anyways, best of luck, and would keep chatting with you time to time.

Cheers,
Jas.

Last edited by jsmonu : 6th March 2009 at 13:07. Reason: missed out a point.
Old 6th March 2009, 13:24   #96
BHPian

hey js have PM'd you on the same! cheers!
Old 6th March 2009, 15:04   #97
BHPian

Hey Speedo, the Exhaust looks really good. I've been really busy off late & so couldn't get online. How's the bike riding after fitting the new exhaust ?

CHEERS,
G D
Old 6th March 2009, 15:31   #98
BHPian

hey p180v! was wondering where you're lost! well the designs simpler than i thought!
It sounds amazing feels quicker and looks great! amazing finish, fitting was a bit of a pain as the catcon was not taken into consideration but ended up well!!
Hey tell me something does your comet vibrate @ round 5k rpm too! mine does and then vanishes after 6k, i was told that this is normal and thats the harmonics of the engine, even though it has reduced after switch over to Motul 300v full synth.
Old 9th March 2009, 10:05   #99
Senior - BHPian

Hey dhruv it was nice meeting you. the bike sounded real sweet and it was a great pleasure talking to your dad
Old 9th March 2009, 23:29   #100
BHPian

hi ambar! yup was nice to finally put a face to the name ! visited iqbal for the vibration i was feeling around 5k rpm, he checked it out and told me to chill, as he said it was normal and every v-twin vibrates the same way at a particular RPM. Just what i had been told earlier but good to get confirmation on it. thanks for the contact!
By the way while doing my weekly niggling with the bike and finally fixing the fuel float to give the right indcation of fuel level, and removing the CATCON!!!
i realised that the clutch cable was on its last 2 strands and would snap soon, so went out and got an inner cable and tried to make a make shift one until i can source an original one, but everything done it didn't disengage! Called up the Kinetic service center, the guy will send someone with the cable tommorrow.
So couldn't TD it without the catcon!
Will post up once i can, should be tommorrow but have a busy day so maybe day after!
Old 10th March 2009, 00:09   #101
Senior - BHPian

See i told you Iqbal is the man and I met my JSMONU at iqbals place
Old 10th March 2009, 11:01   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
See i told you Iqbal is the man and I met my JSMONU at iqbals place
Yes he is.. but apparently he's just not in full confidence to get his hands dirty with my Katana.. :P so i'm looking for another contact now.. possibly one who can come down to my place and take a look at the carbs once.
It was nice meeting you the other day too Deep..
Old 10th March 2009, 11:19   #103
Senior - BHPian

why don't you remove catcon & see the differece in power..

i would not suggest you to remove snorkel from air filter.. it is there for a reason .. removing it will make difference to intake sound but it would actually affect performce !
Old 10th March 2009, 23:26   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Nilesh, thanks for the advice, buddy the stock exhaust is designed more for muffling the sound than max power! You must understand that its not an outright performance oriented bike and hence the conservative approach! As for backpressure, some amount off back pressure is required for low end power. yes i have been riding the bike with varying engine speeds with about 3/8th throttle max! its done 2000 Kms now and the idle RPM went up on its own with the screw in the same place(i had marked it) even before i replaced the muffler, which is
a good indication of the engine opening up!
Well i was totally against Debaffling the stock exhaust and thats why got a custom one made! I am a mechanical engineer and believe that Screaming deamon, bruce fab, GFL, etc are not very different from mine in functional design at least!
I have done my research and studied enough before taking the step if you require any help regarding the exhaust u can PM me.
Do you know anyone in delhi with a dyno. It would be fun to get your bike up on it and get a few readings. :-) And then you can post the charts here. Like Techno said, there isnt much available on the comet. Have fun!!
Old 12th March 2009, 12:13   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiragh_bir View Post
why don't you remove catcon & see the differece in power..

i would not suggest you to remove snorkel from air filter.. it is there for a reason .. removing it will make difference to intake sound but it would actually affect performce !

hey chirag! already removed the catcon but haven't been able to try it out due to the clutch cable issue, getting the inner made today, as the earlier replacement didn't feel like it was disengaging properly!
Will keep you guys updated on the change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Do you know anyone in delhi with a dyno. It would be fun to get your bike up on it and get a few readings. :-) And then you can post the charts here. Like Techno said, there isnt much available on the comet. Have fun!!
Sadly theres no dyno that i know of was considering building one though there's loads of information out there along with softwares and the required hardware available, but don't think i can justify the cost involved for once in maybe a year use!
The bajaj probiking stores do have one but i doubt they'd let me use it for any non bajaj bike! does anyone know any owner of a bajaj probiking store in delhi? lol

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks