Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2011, 14:42   #76
BHPian

Dyno Chart

When I complained loud about the feeling of lack of power to a senior guy in Pacer Yamaha, he offered to 'tune' the bike for higher power (for 5K) - I decided to spend that money.

The dyno charts speak for themselves - The only thing that caught my eye was the rear tyre pressure (some gurus can tell if that can significantly affect the power measurement) - For any other improvement in Power to Weight ratio, it would help if I lost 15-20 kgs of my weight.

The bike feels a lil more powerful. I recently changed almost everything in the bike (not out of volition) - Front and rear brake pads, rear tyre (some experimental stuff from MRF, probably for the upgraded R15?) etc - Pretty expensive.

It has been over a couple of years with R15 and the feeling has been of extreme mood swings - Euphoric to depressed and euphoric again. Thinking of upgrading. Money saved for a good bike got diverted to buying a ANHC for father - So gotta save for the upgrade. May probably pick up the CB250R when it comes out. Pass on suggestions for upgrade if you have one.

PS:- The Dyno showed a lot of options - I'd have preferred RPM vs HP graph - He got this printed for me already and I did not see that it was this one.
Attached Thumbnails
Buying a ‘Premium’ motorcycle in India and my R15 experience-scan0001.jpg  

Last edited by sriramv.iyer : 30th January 2011 at 14:47.
Old 7th March 2012, 01:12   #77
BHPian

Re: Buying a ‘Premium’ motorcycle in India and my R15 experience

Guys,
Need your help -

I did the following mods (by Joel) on my R15:
1. Big Bore - Changed the bore to 165 cc
2. High Raise Cam
3. RR Spec ECU
4. Performance Exhaust

The total costed me 33K if I am right. My R15 was bought in Nov 2009, for 1.13L

After doing all these mods, I bought a CBR250R - Now I almost always ride the CBR (the size suits me well!) - I may also get a bigger displacement bike (650cc) this week - So, I thought I should part with my R15.

The bike is well maintained (looks like NEW, and I change body panels even if there is a minor scratch), brakes / clutch, tires etc are also new. I think the ODO reads some number close to 20K. I don't have the older 150cc bore and stock exhaust (left them and Joel's place and forgot to pickup - May still be around, but assume that it is gone!)

What would be a good price for the bike? Is anyone interested?
Old 7th March 2012, 10:26   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
I did the following mods (by Joel) on my R15:

1. Big Bore - Changed the bore to 165 cc
2. High Raise Cam
3. RR Spec ECU
4. Performance Exhaust

The total costed me 33K if I am right. My R15 was bought in Nov 2009, for 1.13L

I don't have the older 150cc bore and stock exhaust (left them and Joel's place and forgot to pickup - May still be around, but assume that it is gone!) What would be a good price for the bike?
Modifications to the bike especially performance mod's done outside the company does not really appreciate the value of the bike. This is because of the fear of "reliability issues" that most people want to stay away from. So if it was a daytona kit from Yamaha India which comes with bill and warranty, then you could look at a small premium over and above the existing resale value of a similar bike in stock condition.

Another option is to contact people who genuinely appreciate such mods and are on the look-out for such bikes.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2012, 13:10   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Modifications to the bike especially performance mod's done outside the company does not really appreciate the value of the bike.

Another option is to contact people who genuinely appreciate such mods and are on the look-out for such bikes.
I totally agree with that, Aditya! I knew what I was in when I went for the mods. I think I got carried away by my wishes to make R15 as fast as a CBR250R

I hope if someone who appreciates the mods here or the other BHP forum in India, they'll take it. (I haven't even posted a classifieds here) - Just checking for the right price

Most Viewed