Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2009, 22:18   #16
Senior - BHPian

The Jawa listed is called "A" model JAWA (the first jawa bikes mfgd in Mysore by Ideal JAWA)

The Yezdi listed is the "B" model Yezdi the first Yezdi branded bike by IDEAL JAWA. Offcially this model was called "Yezdi Classic". It had the same side panels, Frame, tyres, engine and crankcase, fork and wheels etc. However the headlight dome is slightly different from JAWA. (See the pic you will notice different styling in there).

Though the engine crank case was same as Jawa, both the side outer covers were different and lost the oval shaped Jawa design. From this point all the yezdi had the similar covers and different crankcases.

Later came

Yezdi D250 Classic --> with B model headlight dome and different side panels and same engine like B model

Yezdi Deluxe --> Nice yezdi with the gear slip issue resolved transmission

Yezdi CLII --> Generation 2 Classic

Yezdi RoadKing (points)

Yezdi Oilking

Yezdi RoadKing (CDI)

Yezdi Monarch

Yezdi 175 CC

Yezdi Colt 50CC

Yezdi JET 65CC

Yezdi 350CC twin

Some of the above bike's pictures are available under the urls here:
http://www.gaadi.com/bikes/make-Yezdi

PRODUCTS
Old 9th February 2009, 13:31   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapiljolly79 View Post
Hmmm. Well, I somehow don't like to relate to the word "freak". I'm an enthusiast. And so are a lot more fans like me.
thats why i said " if i may say so".
Old 10th February 2009, 01:24   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Then Jawa has round chain covers and Yezdi again Squarer ones.
The earlier Model B's did come with the round chainguards. At the rear end, the main difference was in the taillamp and the seat shape.
Old 10th February 2009, 12:29   #19

Quote:
Hey Null. Thanks buddy. And Thank you too Five46.

Well, Honestly I don't ride them on a regular basis. I take them out once every three four days or even once weekly for a spin around the block and clean them up and park them back in the garage. I made them because of the huge amount of spare parts I got from My Uncle who once had the dealership for these bikes. He had so many new parts that I eventually went and bought these bikes and had them restored. I've gotten crazy offers from people but just haven't made up my mind to let them go. But as long as they're with me, will keep them ship shape.
Hi kapil, nice bikes there buddy. i am also a fan of yezdis and jawas, i have a 96 roadking 83 yezdi d-250 and in the process of restoring a jawa. As you listed you inherited some parts from your uncle, do you still have something left? i am looking for some stuff for my jawa.

Note from the Team-BHP Support: Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Jaggu : 10th February 2009 at 12:47. Reason: Lets avoid --- typing like ... this.
Old 10th February 2009, 13:22   #20
BHPian

Hi Gurrjit. I may have some stuff with me in spare. But that solely depends on what you are looking for. Let me know specifically and I shall have it looked up. However most of the parts have been consumed in the process of restoring my 250's. Nevertheless, I shall help you in sourcing what you need to my best efforts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurrjit View Post
Hi kapil, nice bikes there buddy. i am also a fan of yezdis and jawas, i have a 96 roadking 83 yezdi d-250 and in the process of restoring a jawa. As you listed you inherited some parts from your uncle, do you still have something left? i am looking for some stuff for my jawa.

Note from the Team-BHP Support: Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.
Old 10th February 2009, 13:32   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Gurrjit. I may have some stuff with me in spare. But that solely depends on what you are looking for. Let me know specifically and I shall have it looked up. However most of the parts have been consumed in the process of restoring my 250's. Nevertheless, I shall help you in sourcing what you need to my best efforts.
hey kapil , all the pipes look new. the ones on the white one also ,(i see a sticker ) , are these available in delhi ,i was told some brand called "sun" is being made.
Old 10th February 2009, 14:14   #22
Senior - BHPian

Awesome bikes i must say.Im interested in the White Jawa,,,please ping me the mechanic's number
Old 10th February 2009, 14:29   #23
BHPian

Hey Sid. I only know that the white Yezdi belongs to a local mech and its a reconditioned 77. So I cannot tell you anything about the pipes or the sticker that he has on that bike.

You can get genuine parts also and locally made ones also. The condition depends on the price one is ready to pay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
hey kapil , all the pipes look new. the ones on the white one also ,(i see a sticker ) , are these available in delhi ,i was told some brand called "sun" is being made.

Last edited by kapiljolly79 : 10th February 2009 at 14:32.
Old 2nd March 2009, 20:08   #24
Senior - BHPian

hey kapiljolly79: Nice bikes. Can you PM the mech's number please? Thanks!
Old 4th March 2009, 13:07   #25
BHPian

those are very very neat bike

whats the oldest model java and yezdi than can be found in india??
Old 4th March 2009, 21:07   #26
Senior - BHPian

since we are discussion about JAWA/Yezdi, without any commercial interest I would like to share this info that there are 3 bikes are in the sale. (Oh I one for sale, but it has commercial interest hence I will post it in the market place)

1972 JAWA (Tank painted with black)
Yezdi Classic
Yezdi Roadking fully done up.

If anyone interested, please ping me I can share the phone number of the person who is selling these bikes. All these bikes are Tamilnadu registered and quoted between 20K and 25K

Folks don't mistake these bikes as mine, as I too have the same set of bikes under my custody.
Old 5th March 2009, 02:08   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt_mustang View Post
those are very very neat bike

whats the oldest model jawa and yezdi than can be found in india??
Not sure of the oldest model Jawa but know of two Jawa Perak 250 singles in North India. One is in Pune and the other one I cant seem to remember, seen it on some website for sale. These were the late 1940s/early 1050s models. Then there are a couple of Jawa 350 Type 354 here in Bangalore and Hyderabad. There are 2 (plus one incomplete) Cezetas in the South; one complete and one incomplete one in Bangalore and one in Chennai; not sure of the models but these should be from the 1950s.

As for the oldest Yezdi, that is kind of an odd question. Yezdis were manufactured from 1974, so U will find dime a dozen of these in the country. But if you want a literal answer, the first Yezdi's engine number should read something like this IJ-B250-000001. Now, finding this bike would be something great.

Last edited by TuffRyder : 5th March 2009 at 02:13.
Old 4th January 2010, 05:48   #28
BHPian

Quote:
My Jawa is still a little incomplete as I am waiting for parts to come back from the paint shop.....So that will sum up the completion of the Jawa too in a few days.
I'm guessing that it'd have been done by now, could we see some pictures of the Jawa? (and of the Y twin)

Last edited by gendarmee : 4th January 2010 at 05:59.
Old 4th January 2010, 14:06   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
The Jawa listed is called "A" model JAWA (the first jawa bikes mfgd in Mysore by Ideal JAWA)
====================
PRODUCTS
trammway, you are very knowledgeable indeed.

kapiljolly, amazing condition of the bikes. You are a very lucky chap to inherit a big collection of spares. I had 2 Roadkings at some point of time and had a very hard time hunting parts for the. Please don't sell these bikes no matter what offers you get. They are invaluable, IMHO.
Old 26th January 2010, 22:28   #30
BHPian

Hey Kapil, DO PM me incase you get any papers (ONLY) for the 250's and the Roadking's

Thanks in advance

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks