Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2009, 08:55   #1
BHPian

Alternative Parts list for Jawa/Yezdi

Folks,

After reading the threads about old Yezdis (I blame Kapiljoy mostly, but others also!), I have been smitten. I am in the market for a Jawa/Yezdi purely as a collector's item but I do intend to ride it to work a few times a week.

The only thing that is making me hesitate is the nightmare of having to wait for parts. I went through that once with an old car and while I understand its part of owning a classic, I am trying to see if it can be minimized. I was researching online and came across this alternative parts list on the Jawa club of England and Ireland:

Alternative Parts - JAWA CZ Owners Club

It only lists alternatives for ignition points, but it got me thinking. Can you please post up any Indian alternatives for any Jawa/Yezdi parts you may know of? Brake liners/shoes/cables/tires/rims/levers/bulbs/seat?

Thanks for your inputs!
Old 10th February 2009, 10:21   #2
BHPian

Hahahhahhhahaha. Thanks man. I love the accusation. Dude, don't worry much about alternative parts. Almost all Yezdi parts are still available. Jawa taillight is almost impossible to find though. And also the throttle grip assembly that runs through the handle bar. But the rest is easy. So if you do have issues locating them, let me know. I'll hunt them down for you. Won't be much of a problem truly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxaarraa View Post
Folks,

After reading the threads about old Yezdis (I blame Kapiljoy mostly, but others also!), I have been smitten. I am in the market for a Jawa/Yezdi purely as a collector's item but I do intend to ride it to work a few times a week.

The only thing that is making me hesitate is the nightmare of having to wait for parts. I went through that once with an old car and while I understand its part of owning a classic, I am trying to see if it can be minimized. I was researching online and came across this alternative parts list on the Jawa club of England and Ireland:

Alternative Parts - JAWA CZ Owners Club

It only lists alternatives for ignition points, but it got me thinking. Can you please post up any Indian alternatives for any Jawa/Yezdi parts you may know of? Brake liners/shoes/cables/tires/rims/levers/bulbs/seat?

Thanks for your inputs!

Last edited by kapiljolly79 : 10th February 2009 at 10:22.
Old 11th February 2009, 13:28   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapiljolly79 View Post
Hahahhahhhahaha. Thanks man. I love the accusation. Dude, don't worry much about alternative parts. Almost all Yezdi parts are still available. Jawa taillight is almost impossible to find though. And also the throttle grip assembly that runs through the handle bar. But the rest is easy. So if you do have issues locating them, let me know. I'll hunt them down for you. Won't be much of a problem truly.
Hey buddy: Can you find me these for the jawa: Round chainguard, handlebar, rearshox (double cup), milling hubs, tankswitch units and tanks, levers. I'l take any number as long as they are reasonably priced.
Old 9th July 2010, 19:45   #4
BHPian

Quote:

Hi

I am looking for a 1966 JAWA Mudguard and aMilling hub with rim and spokes, can you please help

Thank you
Old 9th July 2010, 22:29   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 82rawath View Post
Hi
I am looking for a 1966 a JAWA Mudguard and a Milling hub with rim and spokes, can you please help
Thank you
I'm looking for a new rear sprocket for the same, any help would great.
Old 17th March 2011, 16:28   #6
Senior - BHPian

Re: Alternative Parts list for Jawa/Yezdi

I'm looking for a JAWA fuel tank cap. The black bakelite/plastic type. Any idea when I can pick that up from?
Cheers
Old 17th March 2011, 16:44   #7
Senior - BHPian

I am on the look out for Rear Shock absorbers for Yezdi Roadking. Any info ?
Old 12th April 2011, 09:46   #8
BHPian

We have fitted the Buller rear shocks to the ROadking, and a small modification has to be done to the bike. Shall post the pics soon.
Old 12th April 2011, 12:43   #9
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the info. That should be a good modification. please post the pics.
Old 12th April 2011, 14:50   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinikasyap View Post
We have fitted the Buller rear shocks to the ROadking, and a small modification has to be done to the bike. Shall post the pics soon.
Yes please post those Srini. I've seen gas shocks fitted on a few Yezdi's but I'm told some jugaad needs to be done to fit them. I actually thought the usual was the Pulsar gas shocks. Never seen a Bullet's shocks on a Yezdi.

On a side note, before I even look at my rear shocks, my nightmare fork needs to be worked on. 4 mechanics and still real crap!

Damn..
Old 12th April 2011, 15:48   #11
BHPian

The following spare parts are available for the jawa/Yezdi

NOS Barrels (round Jawa and square Yezdi)
Jawa Seat plates
Jawa Headlight console (round )
OE Jikov Carb
Ignition switch Jawa and Yezdi
Hubs
Chain cover - round
OE pistons and sleeves
Shock Absorbers (OE) for Yezdi
NOS Air Filters (green)

I am willing to help , if any one of you needs these parts

Last edited by wbd8779 : 12th April 2011 at 15:51.
Old 12th April 2011, 16:17   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar View Post
I'm looking for a JAWA fuel tank cap. The black bakelite/plastic type. Any idea when I can pick that up from?
Cheers
Hey deutscheafrikar, since you are based in Candolim you can try out Kamath in Panjim. He stocks a lot of Yezdi/Java parts.
Old 17th April 2011, 00:39   #13
BHPian

And idea about where I can get a set of tyres for my Yezdi TypeB (3.25 16 inch). I had bought a brand called Speedway. And believe me they suck, big time!!! Are CEAT and MRF tyres still available???
Old 23rd April 2011, 00:05   #14

I am looking for a 1. OE Jikov Carb

2. Shocck Absorbers (OE) Yezdi front and rear
3. NOS Air Filter ( 2-3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbd8779 View Post
The following spare parts are available for the jawa/Yezdi

NOS Barrels (round Jawa and square Yezdi)
Jawa Seat plates
Jawa Headlight console (round )
OE Jikov Carb
Ignition switch Jawa and Yezdi
Hubs
Chain cover - round
OE pistons and sleeves
Shock Absorbers (OE) for Yezdi
NOS Air Filters (green)

I am willing to help , if any one of you needs these parts
Old 25th April 2011, 15:37   #15
Senior - BHPian

A Used Jikov Carb in working condition and also a used Leg Guard (Re-chromed) with the mounting brackets and a un used barrel are available. Incase any one requires them i can help them in getting them.

Last edited by IndrojitSircar : 25th April 2011 at 16:01.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks