Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2005, 23:19   #1
SuperSyn

Bajaj Avenger

BSM is reporting on the evolved Eliminator aka Avenger here.

I appreciate the lower price, but this is hardly any improvement in terms of performance given the heavy weight and poor torque. Bajaj should have made a new 250cc engine for this project in my opinion, which could be shared with a "sporty" bike as well.

What say?

Old 30th April 2005, 10:40   #2
Team-BHP Support

Well, the whole point of putting the DTSi engine in this frame was to make it less expensive. Problem is, the quality of the bike has fallen as well. Compare the Avenger to an older Eliminator and you will see the difference.

But people have been talking about a 250cc engine for a long time now. I'm just waiting to see it in production finally! It seems like these things take forever in this country!
Old 10th May 2005, 02:41   #3
SuperSyn

The issue is also with the gearbox. Pulsars (both of them) have poor gearbox and it does not reflect well on Bajaj when three of your top bikes are like that. When I did a test ride on a Pulsar I wondered if there was some defect. The showroom representative rode and said that this was how all Pulsars are.

Very sad. Bajaj must really fix this issue.

Old 10th May 2005, 02:49   #4
Senior - BHPian

bajaj should definitly do something about the gear box problem in the pulsars.its really frustrating and most of the time it doesnt easily shift into neutral.just wanted to know is this a defect with pulsars in general or is there a problem with my friends bike ??

Rev
Old 10th May 2005, 09:02   #5
Senior - BHPian

there should have been a few styling differences, alteast to let the elim have it's own identity.

i agreee with the quality drop both me and v12 have observed it.
Old 12th May 2005, 02:27   #6
BHPian

the original elim engine was any day better than the dtsi unit of bajaj which is as harsh as 2 rubbing stones!
but then they need business, not quality!
Old 11th July 2005, 13:07   #7

Avenger is of a different class

HI there,

am a new member here, own a few cars, but somehow was getting tempted to check out the new avenger, probably tryin to avenge my old pulsar 180 sell off due to pressure from parents and wife,

not that i am planning to buy it now, but here goes asked khivraj motors for a test ride which they come home aswell these days like any other car you wanna buy,

Its mighty fast compared to the eliminator, due to the 180 dtsi i guess, way cheaper and the noise it made is very much more refined than the older sibling...

I had it drag next to a pulsar 180 and a RD 350, yes it did come third place but has enuf power to send a chill down your spine,

All i can say it probably is one of the fastest indian manufactured bikes, i have done few drags in bangalore in the 400 metres drag meet so i can easily say

1) pulsar 180 (old one)
2) karizma
3) avenger
4) yam RXZ (looses out in top end)
5) other cbz, 150 pulsar and the honda whatever that model is !

cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieroid
the original elim engine was any day better than the dtsi unit of bajaj which is as harsh as 2 rubbing stones!
but then they need business, not quality!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks