Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2012, 02:16   #61
BHPian

Re: Yamaha RD 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangboss302 View Post
Hello All,

Just bought mine a few days back - 1987 HT. Good engine but not in original condition. will have to restore it. Would be good if someone in Delhi is having one who can share information regarding availability of parts and places where they would be available.

Cheers
Congrats on your purchase! Where are the pics man? Your location says Bhopal but since you want someone in Delhi to help you out, we take it that you (and the bike) are in Delhi, right? Or is it that you just want to source the parts?

If it is the former then you can go to Ashwini Rana (aka Chhotu) in Gurgaon and leave all the worries to him. If it is the latter then I am sure you will get more than a few contacts here and I can give you some too. Meanwhile, you may scout for parts on Facebook groups; the BSMRD350Club (on Yahoo), as suggested by Ram, would also give you leads.

And could you please elaborate on 'good engine but not in original condition'? If the bike is in running condition and if you are new to RDs then I would suggest that you just get the timing checked and 2T oil topped up (if the bike is not running on premix) and enjoy the bike. You would learn as you go and then you can go in for restoration or an engine overhaul, etc.
Shiraz Shah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 20:23   #62
BHPian

Hi Shiraz I'm originally from Bhopal but been here for 9 years now. well i managed to get the parts but no time to restore it. well i'll upload the piks when the restoration is done. i am aware of the regular problems with the rd's. will touch base again for any help. let's try and meet sometime.
Old 2nd August 2014, 09:36   #63
Senior - BHPian

an RD 350 in a rally
Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha RD 350-rd.jpg  

Old 1st October 2014, 21:04   #64
BHPian

Note from Support: Post edited. Excessive dots removed.

Done at last. Breathing easy and feeling the wind in my head.
Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha RD 350-img_2618.jpg  

mustangboss302 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2014, 10:19   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangboss302 View Post
Note from Support: Post edited. Excessive dots removed.

Done at last. Breathing easy and feeling the wind in my head.
Please do share more information about the bike, what config its running i.e. engine configuration (pistons, cdi/points, carbs, reeds).

How long it took for you to complete the project, where did you build the bike etc. Should help the members to know more about your bike journey.
Old 27th November 2014, 22:09   #66
BHPian

Well I would have loved to tell you more but I am shocked at the moment due to this new Green Tribunal Law of get the Streets of Delhi clean of vehicles older than 15 years and my bike unfortunately falls into that category.
Old 30th November 2014, 15:56   #67
BHPian

June 14th Wed 1989 - around 5PM. (extracted the date from my diary)

I rode my friends RD and the impression is lasting. Getting to top gear (I remember it was 6?) and down shifting and accelerating through the gears again. When I approached my friend to hand it back, I stomped on the rear brake (which was fine with my Ind-Suzuki) - and locked it up and left long black marks before coming to a full halt...my friend was cool since I did not drop it (and did not do it on purpose) - hell we had known each other since childhood.

This is a bike I would love to buy, learn to work on and ride. I used to drivel over it. Owner of Prashant Pharmacy in Mysore used to own one. I don't know how many times I stood around and visually admired the bike.

Would love to get an original unmolested bike. Don't like modified bikes - esp. bikes like the RD.

Awesome thread - esp. the clip from Hero...this I watched several times. Did so a couple of months back as well!

Krishna
ksanjee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2014, 16:47   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksanjee View Post
Would love to get an original unmolested bike. Don't like modified bikes - esp. bikes like the RD.

Krishna
Krishna,

I can understand your feelings.

I know of only 3 bikes in India in that category, including one with yours truly.

None are likely to come to market anytime soon.

So next best is to get any one available (easier said than done)and build it up to original spec or the original US spec, which many in the forum has done

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Old 30th November 2014, 17:34   #69
Senior - BHPian

A friend of mine has zeroed in on a 1984 HT which is running on a 0.75 barrels with stock carbs and exhausts for a cool 3lakh INR. The deal is almost finalised and the bike will be in his hands in a week from now. I will post the pics of the bike after this deal is finalised.
unk9ja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2014, 18:29   #70
BHPian

I agree Ram - looking for something that may or may not exist may lead to nothing. Also with you on restoring it to stock form. I don't like engine internals to be messed with. My knowledge of RD is close to zero. I will do some research on this forum before asking questions to the experts who have lived it. One of my high school juniors has restored one in Mysore. I will hook up with him during our high school reunion in Dec. I know he has restored a Road King as well.

There is one across the street from where I live. Coincidentally it belongs to a pharmacy owner !!

Krishna
Old 1st December 2014, 16:22   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay kamath View Post
an RD 350 in a rally
Here is a link to some more photos of that RD350.
http://www.worldwideonwheels.com/photogallery.html#
flotsam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2014, 13:06   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
A friend of mine has zeroed in on a 1984 HT which is running on a 0.75 barrels with stock carbs and exhausts for a cool 3lakh INR. The deal is almost finalised and the bike will be in his hands in a week from now. I will post the pics of the bike after this deal is finalised.
Well the deal went through and my friend has taken the delivery of the beast. Here are a few pics of the same. The bike has done 180 odd kms after the engine rebuild.

Yamaha RD 350-img20141130wa0006.jpg

Yamaha RD 350-img20141130wa0007.jpg

Yamaha RD 350-img20141130wa0009.jpg

Yamaha RD 350-img20141130wa0010.jpg

Yamaha RD 350-img20141130wa0011.jpg

Yamaha RD 350-img20141130wa0013.jpg

Yamaha RD 350-img20141130wa0014.jpg

Yamaha RD 350-img20141130wa0015.jpg
unk9ja is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th December 2014, 13:50   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
Well the deal went through and my friend has taken the delivery of the beast. Here are a few pics of the same. The bike has done 180 odd kms after the engine rebuild.
Beutiful bike. Congratulations are in order for your friend.

If the engine rebuild has been of good standear, she should be goog for many many long miles. BTW, was this bike picked up from some one in the lane opposite Urvasi Theatre, Lalbagh area. The pictures seem to be from that lane

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 7th December 2014 at 13:54.
Old 7th December 2014, 16:35   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Beutiful bike. Congratulations are in order for your friend.

If the engine rebuild has been of good standear, she should be goog for many many long miles. BTW, was this bike picked up from some one in the lane opposite Urvasi Theatre, Lalbagh area. The pictures seem to be from that lane

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Thanks for the warm compliments coming from you, Sir. I will put it through to my friend. I have not yet seen this in person. I will update you with the information in due course.

The bike has been done up by Mr Atauallah according to my friend. Since I am a bit ignorant about the RD community, I cannot comment on it.
Old 7th December 2014, 16:42   #75
BHPian

The bike looks very well restored. The chrome plating and the painting looks very well executed. Please congratulate your friend. He will enjoy this for may a thousands of KMs. Looking at these photos make me very nostalgic about my old RD350 that was blue coloured one and had served me for more than 90K KMs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks