Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2009, 21:46   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srisha View Post
Pat, Can we buy some for my twin as well? Are you buying these from Czech online store?

Srisha
Srisha: There are few online stores but once I finalize what I need, Im going to write to these guys and check on the postage. There are a few turkish and czech stores. What would you need for your twin? You will get only the engine parts as body parts are thorougly Indian. I would suggest you look for the engine parts here itself, coz Ul be spending a bomb getting it from outside. Will help you locate the parts, now that Ive seen the bike.

@xxaarraa: The bike is turning out real well. Just a suggestion, which you might want to do later. Change the headlight rim and glass to the original one. Also try to get hold of the original throttle assembly.

Cheers
Old 21st April 2009, 09:04   #32
BHPian

Folks, I am running into an annoying and puzzling problem with the Yezdi.
  1. First thing in the morning, she starts up with one kick (choke on of course). I ride her all the way to work (6 KMs) and park.
  2. In the afternoon or evening, when I try to run an errand or go home, she will not start no matter how hard I work the kicker. The pumping thing just doesn't do it. Choke doesn't help either.
  3. I have to push start her and she starts and runs fine all the way back home.
  4. I let her stand overnight and she starts right up on first kick again in the morning.
Really puzzling. Could it be:
  1. A leaky fuel petcock. I tried putting it in off, on, reserve etc. but same result.
  2. Carb problem?
Thoughts appreciated, thanks.
Old 21st April 2009, 19:42   #33
BHPian

its an unsual problem i guess. it much work @ evening also if it works in the morning. did you show it to some mechanics ??
Old 21st April 2009, 21:17   #34
BHPian

Assuming that you do not use the choke while starting it in the afternoon/evening.

Probably changing the Coil or/and condenser will solve the problem. Also, Check the points.
Old 22nd April 2009, 20:55   #35
BHPian

Completely forgot about this yesterday,

Do you use the side side to park it in the day and use the Centre stand for the evening/night?
Old 23rd April 2009, 01:53   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gendarmee View Post
Completely forgot about this yesterday,

Do you use the side side to park it in the day and use the Centre stand for the evening/night?
Always use the center stand. Never use the side stand. What difference does it make either way?
Old 23rd April 2009, 19:12   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxaarraa View Post
Always use the center stand.
Using the side stand always leads to an overflow on mine.

Change the coil, condenser (preferably Lucas/bosch) Also, cb points (any good brand).
Old 5th May 2009, 21:12   #38
BHPian

Here's an update:
  1. The leaky fuel petcock was replaced.
  2. Carb removed, cleaned and tuned (his diagnosis for my intermittent starting troubles was a poorly tuned carb and some sort of "float problem")
  3. Gearbox was leaking oil so replaced packing and replaced oil.
Here's my question: I like my mechanic, but want to gauge if he can be trusted. For doing all the above, he charged me 500 rupees including oil, packing and petcock. Is that in the ball park? He claims it took 1 liter of 90 weight tranny oil - does the Yezdi have 1 liter in the transmission??

Oh, BTW, he is sourcing me a refurbished Jikov carb. He wants 600 for it.

Last edited by xxaarraa : 5th May 2009 at 21:13.
Old 5th May 2009, 22:23   #39
Senior - BHPian

600 is a decent price for a working Jikov carb. Ensure that jets are all proper and it doesn't leak. The flange of the Jikov could warp causing it to lean out ensure that it's flat and seals well with the engine. I had a Jikov with me with a warped flange.
Old 26th October 2012, 16:42   #40
BHPian

Re: xx's Yezdi 250 project

Hi xxaarraa

i have restored my Classic 1981 model. Have posted the pictures & articles , it is pending with Administrator to release.
I saw the Monograms of Yezdi D 250 Classic. Where did you source it from ? I am from mysore. Any reference in Mys/B'lroe will help me as the monograms of mine have completely faded (Attached picture)

ananth
Attached Thumbnails
xx's Yezdi 250 project-9ab.jpg  

Old 26th October 2012, 19:52   #41
Senior - BHPian

Re: xx's Yezdi 250 project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananth_shukti View Post
Hi xxaarraa

i have restored my Classic 1981 model. Have posted the pictures & articles , it is pending with Administrator to release.
I saw the Monograms of Yezdi D 250 Classic. Where did you source it from ? I am from mysore. Any reference in Mys/B'lroe will help me as the monograms of mine have completely faded (Attached picture)

ananth
Hi Ananth,
Check out the link.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks