Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2009, 09:52   #16
Senior - BHPian

Hey Anjan the bike looks great. and why dont you remove that DOOR MAT thats handing on the bike. its real stock and please see if the RED and the YELLOW addon stickers could be taken off. get a better Front number plate. you may check my bike for a idea. and the tyre looks great. change the seat go for a new seat cover the proper fitted one

i would say over all a very very nice bike
Old 27th February 2009, 21:18   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks MPower,BhargavaSr, Nitin and desideep.
MPower
that Tata truck mudflap is put on every monsoon and taken off by September since the past 15 plus years and no engine seizure so far.
desideep saw your bike just now excellent example.I will try to do some changes Ok but rarely find some time -anyway lets see!
Old 10th June 2009, 20:28   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

My RX 100's oil reservoir started leaking and I could trace the leak to the faulty fitting of the oil level window. This comes with a needle showing Empty/Full levels as E/F. The window is screwed to the plastic body of the oil reservoir. Thread withering causes this to happen and I am not sure as to whether this is a niggling problem for all RX 100's or is it a rare case. I had not meddled with it other than detaching the guage that was not working and refitting the transparent window. The half litre of engine oil within leaked and messed up my garage floor. Then I applied jute packing (plumber's) to the thread and sealed the transparent window from outside with M seal.I even applied M seal wet as a precaution.The reservior that got drained was refilled this time around with much less oil for testing the leak. And nothing worked- the oil leakage happened again.today I bought a brand new oil reservoir tank from the *** and to my surprise it only cost me only Rs 192=00. Cheers to Yamaha Motors India for making the spares so much affordable. I never had to buy anything for this 1990 bike since a long, long time and was under the impression that the reservoir may cost me Rs 500 something! Will get the new reservoir fitted and post pictures.
My Red Yamaha RX 100-dsc03428.jpg
The bike is doing great with me having completed its 19th year during June first week now.
Old 11th June 2009, 01:13   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Then I applied jute packing (plumber's) to the thread and sealed the transparent window from outside with M seal.I even applied M seal wet as a precaution.The reservior that got drained was refilled this time around with much less oil for testing the leak. And nothing worked- the oil leakage happened again.today I bought a brand new oil reservoir tank from the *** and to my surprise it only cost me only Rs 192=00. Cheers to Yamaha Motors India for making the spares so much affordable. I never had to buy anything for this 1990 bike since a long, long time and was under the impression that the reservoir may cost me Rs 500 something! Will get the new reservoir fitted and post pictures.
Attachment 146560
The bike is doing great with me having completed its 19th year during June first week now.
You actually used that stuff used by plumbers? The Indian mind's 'jugad' never ceases to utterly surprise! What if some of that found itself inside your oil pump? Your prized posession might well have been your dead posession!!

As for the oil tank... its just a small bottle of plastic. Something which would have cost the company a small fraction of that Rs. 192 you paid. Dunno if other companies charge more for it though...
Old 11th June 2009, 13:11   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
You actually used that stuff used by plumbers? The Indian mind's 'jugad' never ceases to utterly surprise! What if some of that found itself inside your oil pump? Your prized posession might well have been your dead posession!!

As for the oil tank... its just a small bottle of plastic. Something which would have cost the company a small fraction of that Rs. 192 you paid. Dunno if other companies charge more for it though...
Raccoon funny but true- it happens.No the M seal and jute were applied only from outside (no internal use at all).True the plastic may be cheap but Yamaha Genuine spares were astronomically priced even five years back.
I changed over to a new reservoir and also added a new air filter. The air filter from the dealer (GP) cost me Rs 81=00 which was the prevailing grey market price about a decade back.
The 100cc beast in fit and fine again now.
My Red Yamaha RX 100-dsc04018.jpg
The great oil spill of 2009
My Red Yamaha RX 100-dsc04019.jpg
The great but failed patchwork of 2009
My Red Yamaha RX 100-dsc04020.jpg
The reservoir replacement of 2009

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 11th June 2009 at 13:13.
Old 11th June 2009, 13:32   #21
Senior - BHPian

Good looking bike Anjan ! I own a 1987 model myself but have never faced this problem of the threads wearing out on the transparent window fitted to the oil tank and to this day, am still using the original oil tank.

However, I have seen that a lot of RX owners do away with the tank altogether and run their bikes with a premix and oil is added to the fuel in the pertol tank itself.
Old 11th June 2009, 14:36   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhargava_sr View Post
Pretty neat Bike, Its really a joy riding these Two Stokes, I recently bought 200 Model RX135 5 Speed for 20K in bangalore and spent almost 5K now to get it to Stock condition.
One of my friend bought a 1987 Model RX100 for 18K recently. He spent almost 5K till now.
Nowdays it has become very diffucult to find RX135 & RXZ's 5 speeds in bangalore, people or not selling even if they are not using.
Yamaha Two Strokes are Legends
Thats correct. I know a guy who owns a Yam 100 and has a 1987 Jap engine to it. Ridden over a lakh kms. I haven't seen a well maintained bike as his. His quote for the bike :22K.
Old 11th June 2009, 15:02   #23
Senior - BHPian

Nicely maintained RX.why dont you get the custom stickering on the petrol tank.
Old 11th June 2009, 15:23   #24

Congratulations on owning a good RX 100 Anjan!

I see that your bike has a Nagpur registration and being brought up in central India myself, I completely understand why you've fixed the huge mud flap! Most motorcyclists and even moped owners choose this extra fitment that to ensure their shoes and trousers stay clean during the rains, and since I've done it myself, I can say it does not lead to any damage.

All the best with your bike.
Old 11th June 2009, 19:49   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannan666 View Post
Good looking bike Anjan ! I own a 1987 model myself but have never faced this problem of the threads wearing out on the transparent window fitted to the oil tank and to this day, am still using the original oil tank.
However, I have seen that a lot of RX owners do away with the tank altogether and run their bikes with a premix and oil is added to the fuel in the pertol tank itself.
Thanks kannan666. Very happy that you too own a 1987 model. Do post its pictures, or is there any existing thread. Wish to see the Jap beauty! I believe the oil tank needs to be there.The fuel pump does its job fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Nicely maintained RX.why dont you get the custom stickering on the petrol tank.
Thanks hillram! Hope you will throw some more light on custom stickering! Is'nt available here I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysteve View Post
Congratulations on owning a good RX 100 Anjan!
I see that your bike has a Nagpur registration and being brought up in central India myself, I completely understand why you've fixed the huge mud flap! Most motorcyclists and even moped owners choose this extra fitment that to ensure their shoes and trousers stay clean during the rains, and since I've done it myself, I can say it does not lead to any damage.

All the best with your bike.
Thanks ! Yes steve that mudflap is out now, but once the monsoon sets in it will be in its place. It actually a truck's rear mudguard mudflap. This protects my feet and legs from all miseries that happen and emanate from the wet road surface.
Old 11th June 2009, 21:44   #26
Senior - BHPian

stop using the oil tank. remove the oiltank chuck it away. go premix .
Old 11th June 2009, 22:55   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
stop using the oil tank. remove the oiltank chuck it away. go premix .
No way, I cherish originality in any automobile as long as it is practicable.
Old 11th June 2009, 23:47   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
sure man respect that but i cherish reliablility over the originality some times. cause if you use the premix you would never need to bother about the Oilpump.
Old 12th June 2009, 22:47   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks kannan666. Very happy that you too own a 1987 model. Do post its pictures, or is there any existing thread. Wish to see the Jap beauty! I believe the oil tank needs to be there.The fuel pump does its job fine.
Thanks Anjan, you can take a look at it if you click on my garage ! Will also try to post a few pics of it in this thread !
Old 13th June 2009, 15:14   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely agree with that one! I like to keep everything exactly as it is... unless there is an EXTREMELY good reason to do otherwise. And if something dosen't work perfectly the way it is, then I'd prefer to get rid of it...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks